Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I guess the shipping will be as strange an unexplained as the build dates. 12-3 build to be at dealer 12-24.
@Kermut your car seem to be sitting long to get to dealer. Unless mine get pushed back??

EDIT<. Just had to call FP again. sitting on ramp awaiting PU for 12-24 arrival.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I guess the shipping will be as strange an unexplained as the build dates. 12-3 build to be at dealer 12-24.
@Kermut your car seem to be sitting long to get to dealer. Unless mine get pushed back??

EDIT<. Just had to call FP again. sitting on ramp awaiting PU for 12-24 arrival.
Yea, it's a frustrating process. I was in a rush to get that 0% rate but now that I realize it doesn't apply....eh.

My bigger issue will be trying to schedule pickup at Granger with delivery between various family vacations. I would hope for sure to have possession of the car by the end of January.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I feel you. Mine isn't a Mach 1 but I chatted with FP last week and was told 12/15 but today was told 12/17. I haven't gotten any emails changing dates though.
I think the last day of production is 12/23

not much more room for error

Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Trivia, There are 46,000+ C8 Corvettes on the road and only 5500 ish Mach 1's. That's about 105 Mach's per state VS 885 Corvettes per state and that's without deducting exports.
You still have a very rare version and will not see many at a car show. :)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Trivia, There are 46,000+ C8 Corvettes on the road and only 5500 ish Mach 1's. That's about 105 Mach's per state VS 885 Corvettes per state and that's without deducting exports.
You still have a very rare version and will not see many at a car show. :)
Is comparing a family name to a model name fair ?

Would the fairer comparison not be to compare the family v family name i.e. C8 v Mustang ?

If you are comparing models from the family, I suspect C8 1LT would be rarer than Mach ā€¦ ?

WD :like:

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Be my guest and put together your numbers for us or just want to knock these?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m not interested in the numbers, it just didnā€™t seem like a fair comparison :like:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Is comparing a family name to a model name fair ?

Would the fairer comparison not be to compare the family v family name i.e. C8 v Mustang ?

If you are comparing models from the family, I suspect C8 1LT would be rarer than Mach ā€¦ ?

The point is still true though. Mach 1ā€™s are much more rare than c8 vettes which was all heā€™s trying to say :like:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Then ditch the GT and get yourself in a Mach 1 , then you will care about numbers and how rare they still are. :)
Now your just trying to bait me ā€¦ :giggle:

Why would I want to do that ? I donā€™t care about numbers or rarity, I made my choices and I am happy with them :like:

Why donā€™t you ditch the Mach and get yourself in a 718 / M4 / 350 / 500 etc etc :crazy:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It makes sense to me that if all customer orders can't be fulfilled Ford is cancelling orders for vehicles that they believe are the least profitable. This really worries me, because I'm a performance vehicle buyer. I really don't want anything "practical". I do have an F250, but I don't see a reason to buy a new practical vehicle when used will do. The only reason for me to buy new is because a car excites me that much. SUVs and pickups don't do that. And prices already seem really high to me. So in order for Ford to prioritize the performance version of the Mustang, a $60K price tag is not high enough? šŸ˜³

I suppose a vehicle that gets taken to the track or otherwise driven hard is a lot more likely to have a warranty claim. So maybe it's not just initial profitability, but also repairs down the line. The Ford seat cooling especially didn't function very well in my GT350. I never took the car in for that, but possibly that could be a reason why some cars are cancelled. And HP cars because they are the most likely to be taken to the track?

I really hope that Ford stays in the performance vehicle market (and I mean light weight, manual transmission vehicles, not big bloated SUVs with extra power, stiff suspension and a badge). This move on their part does not inspire confidence for the future. I really hope that the vertical integration posted about earlier in the thread means that soon Ford will go back to offering more variety of vehicles and filling dealer lots.

Last edited:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
It makes sense to me that if all customer orders can't be fulfilled Ford is cancelling orders for vehicles that they believe are the least profitable.
While this makes sense in general, I believe someone from Granger commented earlier on this forum about Mach 1 having the highest margin for Ford out of all Mustangs, so I am not sure this is really the reason for cancelling Mach 1s.