Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Not sure what you mean but there more fwd cars around that time

It's just so that the M1 is a heavy car and is under tired with the PS4s tires that comes on the none HP

Watch the M4 video, same weight as the Mach and on PSC2s, but it ran a 7:40 on PS4S. From what I read the Civic Type R was tuned with alignment and tires. Not taking away from a very impressive time.
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean but there more fwd cars around that time

It's just so that the M1 is a heavy car and is under tired with the PS4s tires that comes on the none HP. Also it's a 3:55 geared car in Europe, I would think the A10 would be quicker around the lap
Truth!
The Mach 1 desperately needs the HP to be considered a track car.
255 width, 300tw tires up front on a nearly 4000 lb car is far from fast

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Truth!

Also, the Mach 1 in Europe is down horsepower and you can't get the HP in Europe, correct? In addition to no Torsen axle, just standard locking diffy.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Truth!
Even without the HP, it should be at least as track capable as, say, a 2020 PP2 Mustang GT, and maybe close to par with something like a 1LE Camaro... which is to say, very track capable by GT car standards. The biggest difference is with the 1LE, PP2, and HP compared to the base Mach 1 is the tires, which alone might be worth double-digit seconds off a 'Ring lap for a skilled driver. But, and this is coming from someone who absolutely abhors lap time comparisons and magazine racing, that time is still a bit underwhelming by my measure.

Having said that, there are myriad variables with these times, and I don't care quite enough to look into which variables were not in favor of the 'Stang on this day, but who knows. I'll just say one source is never enough.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even without the HP, it should be at least as track capable as, say, a 2020 PP2 Mustang GT, and maybe close to par with something like a 1LE Camaro... which is to say, very track capable by GT car standards. The biggest difference is probably the tires on the HP and 1LE. But, and this is coming from someone who absolutely abhors lap time comparisons and magazine racing, that time is still a bit underwhelming by any measure.

Having said that, there are myriad variables with these times, and I don't care quite enough to look into which variables were not in favor of the 'Stang on this day, but who knows. I'll just say one source is never enough.
The PP2 has 305 Cup 2's vs the non-HP Mach's 255/275 PS4S.....no comparison. Tires make a massive difference.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
i cant watch the video at the moment but i imagine the driver plays a huge role at the ring. is the guy driving someone respectable or some magazine writer that my wife could beat through the turns?
Off topic but a lot of magazine writers are much much better drivers than average M6Ger - they get to drive a lot of cars on tracks, for basically free.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was curious what impact a 1 mph average speed increase would have on the lap time. After doing the math, 1 mph increase over the entire 12.9 mile lap is good for 5 seconds. So if the Mach had the HP, the driver could hold much higher cornering speeds than just 1 mph. I'm thinking a 7:30 wouldn't be out of the question

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
Looks like fun. Can't wait until I get mine next month! Nurburgring lap times are good for the pub but my driving skill will be less than the cars capability so I'm looking forward to working on improving my driving and lap times in the Mach 1, should be epic :rockon:

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Wow, compared to some of the other cars in the respective category and even below, thats a horrible performance.

7:58 on a 2021 M1 is a joke. But then again GT500 is around 7:34 or 7:43 so what do you expect. GT350 with its FPC V8 was about 26 seconds faster.

Really not good.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The PP2 has 305 Cup 2's vs the non-HP Mach's 255/275 PS4S.....no comparison. Tires make a massive difference.
In terms of performance, I agree, as I said in the very post you're quoting. I'm just addressing the idea of "track capability", which to me includes things like cooling, durability, handling... Not just grip at the limits. And the base Mach 1 is still more than track ready for 90% of people who would ever track it.

But again, it would be nuts if the Cup 2s alone are worth over 15 seconds here, but maybe possible. I know tires are huge, but I'm just not sure how huge in this particular case...

EDIT: I see you quoted my post before I edited it for a bit more clarity on the tire thing, but yeah. If the tires alone can make a 15+ second difference, let alone the US-spec power, then I'd say this is a more than reasonable lap time.

Last edited:

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What does that mean? He wasn’t pushing the car hard enough?
Yea basically he was being cautious with throttle input out of the corners. On a backroad I frequent thst no one lives on I've gotten .84Gs in acceleration in my 18GTPP1 and with my Mach1HP I've gotten 1.02Gs. Of acceleration coming out of a turn.
Sponsored