Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
A badge with a snake doesn’t suddenly make it exotic-level “special”
Well, I do not think anyone would consider a Mustang an exotic but they have always been special. The fact that Ford can take a four banger rental car and turn it into a 760 HP monster with super car performance says it all. Add to that the fact they have been doing it continuously for 56 years. So while we are all bitching and moaning about strips we should remember and be grateful for what we have given.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I do not think anyone would consider a Mustang an exotic but they have always been special. The fact that Ford can take a four banger rental car and turn it into a 760 HP monster with super car performance says it all. Add to that the fact they have been doing it continuously for 56 years. So while we are all bitching and moaning about strips we should remember and be grateful for what we have given.
People have been turning Civics into 700hp supercar beaters for years now. That doesn’t make it special

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
People have been turning Civics into 700hp supercar beaters for years now. That doesn’t make it special
Now you just arguing for the Jake of arguing. Bringing a Honda Civic into this conversation is pointless.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now you just arguing for the Jake of arguing. Bringing a Honda Civic into this conversation is pointless.
Not at all. It accentuates the point that a car that wasn’t special to begin with doesn't suddenly become special when you just bolt some parts onto it

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
You’re missing the point. They’re the same car. A badge with a snake doesn’t suddenly make it exotic-level “special”... it’s still just a variant of a 4 banger rental car
No, I didn't miss the point, I just don't agree with it. So, using your logic, a Z06, Zora, etc. Corvette are all the same car because at the end of the day, they are built off the base Corvette. A base Corvette that is available for rental throughout the country and is, by definition, a rental car.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Real question is, what does this have to do with the Fast & Furious movie franchise?
I don’t know the answer to that but I do know Ford needs to hurry up and start delivering Mach 1’s to us ASAP. This sub forum is losing its collective minds waiting on delivery. I worry what we’re going to be arguing about in another month if this keeps up lol.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, I didn't miss the point, I just don't agree with it. So, using your logic, a Z06, Zora, etc. Corvette are all the same car because at the end of the day, they are built off the base Corvette. A base Corvette that is available for rental throughout the country and is, by definition, a rental car.
Correct, a Z06 is no more special than the base corvette it was built on

But once again, at least they get unique chassis development and rear bodywork changes to really differentiate it from the base model. Plus, a base Corvette is still a performance car capable of running with top-spec Mustangs, while a base Mustang is a car rich parents buy for their teenage daughter

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Correct, a Z06 is no more special than the base corvette it was built on

But once again, at least they get unique chassis development and rear bodywork changes to really differentiate it from the base model. Plus, a base Corvette is still a performance car capable of running with top-spec Mustangs, while a base Mustang is a car rich parents buy for their teenage daughter
JC, who gives a shit? Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

1614014743632.gif

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I want the “ Shaker “ option like my past three Mach1’s ( 69,69, 03 ) .