Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for coming full circle and making your entire argument in this thread what we already knew it was, useless and pointless.
So, if it’s so pointless, why are you here? I didn’t come full circle on anything. I said exactly what I’ve been saying this whole thread... that Mustangs aren’t “special”, regardless of what badge is glued onto it

Apparently, you do. You tried to make it a point about a model you know nothing about other than what 30 seconds on Google tells you.
Man, that’s a reach. So because I mixed up 1 piece of shit Mustang 5 speed with another piece of shit Mustang 5 speed, it’s suddenly supposed to mean that the 03 Mach didn’t get the same piece of shit 5 speed as the GT?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
What did I do?
Nothing, I’m just winding your other half up - he was proud of the number of people who had chosen to ignore him, I was just saying it would have been one less if you hadn’t have joined the forum.

Sarcastic english humour - hopefully you get it and haven’t taken it the wrong way :like:

WD :like:

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
Nothing, I’m just winding your other half up - he was proud of the number of people who had chosen to ignore him, I was just saying it would have been one less if you hadn’t have joined the forum.

Sarcastic english humour - hopefully you get it and haven’t taken it the wrong way :like:

After I replied, I thought 'oh, there was a joke in there' :facepalm:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So, if it’s so pointless, why are you here? I didn’t come full circle on anything. I said exactly what I’ve been saying this whole thread... that Mustangs aren’t “special”, regardless of what badge is glued onto it

Man, that’s a reach. So because I mixed up 1 piece of shit Mustang 5 speed with another piece of shit Mustang 5 speed, it’s suddenly supposed to mean that the 03 Mach didn’t get the same piece of shit 5 speed as the GT?
1614036821516.gif

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You’re missing the point. They’re the same car. A badge with a snake doesn’t suddenly make it exotic-level “special”... it’s still just a variant of a 4 banger rental car
No wonder you don't realize the GT350 and GT500 are special. You think the only part that's different is the badge. Maybe do a little more research.

But the issue is, the base chassis in the S550 ISN’T “quite capable”, and the Shelby does pretty much nothing to fix these shortcomings. With Mercedes and BMW and such, they actually change quite a bit with the chassis for the higher trim models... from unique rear quarters to chassis upgrades, hell Porsche just released a 911 GT3 that has double wishbone front suspension while the standard 911 has MacPherson strut. But ultimately, both Shelby’s still have MacPherson strut, both have the flawed S550 rear suspension geometry, both have the same heavy steel chassis, both have the same rear bodywork, both are still front-heavy as hell... there’s nothing “special” about them, they’re just a base model with some parts bolted on
Definition of special: better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

Huh, pretty sure the Mach 1 would fit that as well as the Shelbys. Unless you are using a different definition than normal for the word "special".

Not at all. It accentuates the point that a car that wasn’t special to begin with doesn't suddenly become special when you just bolt some parts onto it
Personally I think all Mustangs are special compared to other cars with similar cost. They are more fun to drive than Camrys and F-150s and most other vehicles you see on the road. I rarely see a Mustang on the road. When I do, I smile a little.

How about.......

Which is the best F & F movie and why?
I think F & F #6 was the best. Michelle Rodriguez had amnesia and she forgot all about Vin, but she remembered that she loves big block Mopars. Best writing ever!

:giggle: :giggle:

almost glad i cant see the responses here of some of them that blocked me.
Umm, wut? They blocked you - you didn't block them. You will still see their responses.

And how about that Mach 1? I'm still stoked that Ford decided to make a more track ready Mustang without having the full Shelby treatment on it. Ford doesn't have to try to make it quite as special (that was for you, Jake), so it won't cost quite so much, but it will still be track capable.

I think that's why Ford didn't call it a Boss 302. They didn't want it to be a maximum effort (aka HALO) car, but they wanted to throw a bone to the people who don't want to spend quite so much on a track capable car.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
No wonder you don't realize the GT350 and GT500 are special. You think the only part that's different is the badge. Maybe do a little more research.
Lmao okay, once again, show me where I said that. They ARE the same car... just because they have some different parts doesn’t mean they aren’t the same car

But hey, guess my GT is “special” because it doesn’t have the same parts as a base GT :facepalm:

Definition of special: better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

Huh, pretty sure the Mach 1 would fit that as well as the Shelbys. Unless you are using a different definition than normal for the word "special".
Man, guess the Ford Pinto is “special” because, hey, at least it’s better than a Yugo :facepalm:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lmao okay, once again, show me where I said that. They ARE the same car... just because they have some different parts doesn’t mean they aren’t the same car
OK, here's where you said that a badge with a snake doesn't make a Shelby special.

You’re missing the point. They’re the same car. A badge with a snake doesn’t suddenly make it exotic-level “special”... it’s still just a variant of a 4 banger rental car
But hey, guess my GT is “special” because it doesn’t have the same parts as a base GT :facepalm:

Man, guess the Ford Pinto is “special” because, hey, at least it’s better than a Yugo :facepalm:
I don't know anything about your GT. Look at the definition of the word special and decide for yourself whether your GT is "better, different or greater than the usual".

I will do you a favor and act like that was a serious post. If the Yugo was an average car and the Pinto was much better, then yes the Pinto would be special. However, both of those cars you named are below average vehicles in every way and thus don't fit the definition of special.

However, someone could find a special Pinto. That would mean they are comparing one specific Pinto to other Pintos and saying that the one is better than most others. That sure is possible.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Umm, wut? They blocked you - you didn't block them. You will still see their responses.
I have blocked 0 people. Some people in this thread are replying to posts i cannot see, you explain it then. That's the answer my quick logic provided.

None of the F&F movies are known for their writing. I like that one too though.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

First, I visited this thread because I was interested in the changes being made to the production model versus what we had seen previously. It's that simple.

Somewhere along the line, you felt compelled to share your opinion on why someone should never consider any trim-level Mustang as special. Your weak argument for that opinion was that they are all based on the same architecture regardless of the trim level and, therefore, there is little difference between the base Mustang you can choose at a rental car agency and upper trim levels such as the GT500. Fortunately, you can only define what is "special" in regards to yourself and your choices.

In regards to your feigned butthurt over what transmission was used in past Mach 1's, you made the assertion that the 5M used in the '03-04 Mach 1 was a T-5. You were obviously upset to be called out on your mistake, so your proceeded to equate the durability of the Tremec with that of a Borg-Warner unit that had not been used in a Mustang since 1995. Not sure how that strengthened your position as being knowledgeable about the Mustang. In fact, it just further illustrated that you are will to create any argument that will put the Mustang in a negative light.

I know it's a stretch, but your opinions might be met with a little more respect if you had just admitted that you did not know what you were talking about rather than projecting that you got things mixed up.

Last edited:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
People can do a two-way block on you.

All have to say, is that I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time...
Yeah, i didnt figure that was a hard one to figure out..but...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah, i didnt figure that was a hard one to figure out..but...
Funny, I know one guy who blocked me because I disagreed with something he said. I stopped seeing his posts. I unchecked that box and now I see his posts again. He’s still an ass. 🤣😂

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

i got it, but admittedly was hoping i was understanding the intent correctly :cwl:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase