Sponsored

2021 Mustang GT rear driver noise after spring install?

DaymienS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daymien
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Got eibach pro kits installed on my 21 PP1 and started noticing a slight clunk from driver rear at low speeds. Everything with springs is seated right, end links are tight, bushings were re clocked. Pep boys says the shock itself is making the noise and when they recreated the noise you can feel like its something rubbing in the housing of the shock but they wanted to charge me $350 to change the shock & didnt offer much else of why the noise is happening just that u can feel something rubbing/vibrating in the shock but it wasnt affecting the drivability at all. Made an appt w ford but its 2 weeks out and who knows if they’ll void warranty bc its lowered. I’ve attached a video that clearly shows the sound below. Let me know what you guys think. You can very much feel vibration in the shock itself when recreating by bouncing on lift. Id rather do the work myself let me know what you guys think.

EDIT:9000 miles on the car

Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If it's definitely the shock and not the shock mount, - source a new pair of shocks and replace them. Rear shock replacement is easy and can be done with hand tools.

I would also check all rear cradle bushing mounts too, because there's been threads on here of the rubber mounts tearing OR the upper mount bolts shearing off. That too could make a "clunk" when the suspension is loaded or when it there's weight transfer actions while driving.

OP
OP
DaymienS550

DaymienS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daymien
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
If it's definitely the shock and not the shock mount, - source a new pair of shocks and replace them. Rear shock replacement is easy and can be done with hand tools.

I would also check all rear cradle bushing mounts too, because there's been threads on here of the rubber mounts tearing OR the upper mount bolts shearing off. That too could make a "clunk" when the suspension is loaded or when it there's weight transfer actions while driving.
Appreciate it i will try to look into if its the mounts or not. Shouldnt be though the car has 9k miles and the fronts are rear passenger are completely fine… maybe the shock just went bad idk. Id get it up there myself but im waiting on new jackstands to get delivered so i usually bring to my local shop here but theyre closed sundays. And yeah its a very easy install like i said the guys at pep boys said if noise bothers me to replace it but thats all it is a noise.
Sponsored