Sponsored

2021 Mustang GT Premium - Recently lowered with Steeda springs 0.5" but now I get a thump

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Here is a sample I grabbed this morning. This is half in and out of my garage as for some reason it's easier to hear when the growly growl exhaust isn't going. Who knew?!?!

UPDATE: Had to upload it to YouTube cause you can't do video here
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
LOL I see you car guys are also stumped! Ok, we will see what Steeda.ca says tomorrow!

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It says the video is private

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Works now

That sound is annoying as hell. Sounds like something isn't tightened all the way

Let us know what they say

Reactions: MCS

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Will do guys. Yeah it bugs the hell out of me. Coming from Mercedes I'm used to being spoiled lol so hopefully it's something they can fix up tomorrow at the shop.

Assuming I survive the trip I'll let you guys know!

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Works now

That sound is annoying as hell. Sounds like something isn't tightened all the way

Let us know what they say
Upper Bearing Plates. The bearings were out of whack and it would have continued to get worse but not caused a catastrophic failure.

Steeda USA was consulted and pictures were sent etc. If it happens again they will replace the springs. Either way, it was top-notch service and support from both sides of the border. Only took like 2 hours and I was back in the seat and back at work!

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The bearing in the camber plate went bad? Or the factory spring seat/bearing?

Either way glad the shop is taking care of you.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Noooooooooooooooo it's back!!!! Not as bad this time however that could be because I've been babying it and on hyper-alert for the noise. It may get worse as time goes on.

I've reached out the Steeda USA guys as well as Steeda.ca. Steeda.ca said if it did come back they would just replace the springs which is a source of much relief as my Vicrez hood fiasco is a nightmare that has drained the Car Mod Fund.

Plus I can hotspot from their waiting room and work on my laptop so I don't have to take a sick day! All in all that works out well!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
tie rods on these cars seem fragile or techs don't know how to adjust them. My driver side needed replaced about a year after installing Steeda suspension, and my passenger is now clunking as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
tie rods on these cars seem fragile or techs don't know how to adjust them. My driver side needed replaced about a year after installing Steeda suspension, and my passenger is now clunking as well.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I was hoping by going very minor drop I wouldn't run into a lot of the issues that people with more aggressive setups have. Just something to reduce a little gap and still be basically stock.

We'll see what they say.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The bearing in the camber plate went bad? Or the factory spring seat/bearing?
Looks like they are on top of it. When it initially happened they reached out to Steeda USA who is sending them some springs. They are also grabbing replacement bearings for the tops of the struts from Ford via my VIN.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Seems like the grinding and popping are getting worse. Chris@Steeda? You guys think you can smuggle some on the next northbound truck? L:OL

I can't hear it at speeds like driving on the road etc but backing up and turning the wheel or going slow and turning the wheel, I can def hear and feel it. My girlfriend says to me last night at the movie theatre "What the !@$! is that noise?!?!". Muchos embarrassing

"Ummm, that's the lowering springs babe. Steeda USA is sending replacements to Steeda.ca and Steeda.ca has got new bearings from Ford already waiting for me".

Does anyone else have this? If this is a thing I'd rather go back to stock height and buy 20" rims and tires?

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it's a common issue. Nearly everyone I meet up and cruise with from our local S550 group is lowered and none have mentioned this problem. Good luck getting it addressed.

Reactions: MCS