Sponsored

2021 mustang gt premium caliper covers

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I'm a mechanical idiot, and painting them with the G6 kit was very easy. If you are able to put the car on stands/lift, the rest is simple.

It looks stock as well, as long as it's not an unusual color.
Sponsored

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've had them on other cars, and I've had cars with Brembos that didn't need them. If your calipers are relatively small or ugly, painting them does not look better. On my GT the calipers are big enough and look good enough that painting would be an option, but I like the silver fine. I went with the covers on my 'Vette and i liked them fine.
DSC04550.jpg

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have them on my F150 :cwl: I went with black, red was too much

I wouldn't dare put them on my Mustang, I painted those. Not sure why I feel its ok for the truck and not the Mustang. What can I say? I'm a weirdo

Sticky Burner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Has anyone purchased and installed caliper covers ? could you please post a picture of how they look ! Are you pleased with your purchase?

B6D3D6FB-E320-4A0A-A1A6-8CCC2C75D053.png
... and another thing. It makes your calibers and brakes run hotter, which is not good. Excessive heat is not a friend to brake components.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Well crud!

There goes my idea for a nice exterior appearance upgrade. Seemed like a pretty painless way to get the look to me. I gotta say, I’m not really sure why they seem so widely disparaged. Except for the tacky logos and writing I’m not sure how you tell them from the real things without a close up inspection.

Surely they’re available plain?

And for the record I’m even older than the OP.

Dinokill3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt PP
They look like garbage. It boggles my mind how can people pay for that shit but then I see people paying hundreds of dollar for fake hood scoops

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Well crud!

There goes my idea for a nice exterior appearance upgrade. Seemed like a pretty painless way to get the look to me. I gotta say, I’m not really sure why they seem so widely disparaged. Except for the tacky logos and writing I’m not sure how you tell them from the real things without a close up inspection.

Surely they’re available plain?

And for the record I’m even older than the OP.
It’s like putting a “Supercharger” badge on a na car or those fake vents grills on the side of a fender
It’s tacky and give the impression that you’re pretending to be something that you’re not
And anyone that know anything about cars recognize them right away for what they are

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s like putting a “Supercharger” badge on a na car or those fake vents grills on the side of a fender
It’s tacky and give the impression that you’re pretending to be something that you’re not
And anyone that know anything about cars recognize them right away for what they are
I‘m not sure sure I see it exactly that way. It’s a dress up item that implies no pretense that I can see, unless of course somebody figured out a way to stamp “Brembo” on them. And as far as pretending to have something you don’t, how are covers any different from painting calipers? And painting calipers seems to be well tolerated here. Covers seem a lot easier.

And other than the cheesy graphics and lack of the “Brembo” logo, I don’t think most people could tell them from painted calipers at 10 feet.

The fender ventiports comparison strikes me as a little obtuse.

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Seeing the prices .... for what you are getting, they are bending you over and *&^(&^%^ you in the @$$
Seriously $200 us for 4 stampings that would run you $.50 in the dollar store. Thats why I never tried em. Screams I got money but no skills.

Painting isnt hard, and a nice summer project - clean and regrease the slider pins, remove the caliper and small brush scrub everything clean again.

Spray painting needs a lot of prep and masking. Get a small brush (1/2" or less) and a small tin of tremclad, and they turn out really great. If all you can find is a spray in the color you like, spray into the cap, and dip your brush in it.

Been painting 'em for years ... and no need for 'high heat' special paints.

get a ford performance decal , or something else from amazon. something other then brembo, unless you have brembos. be unique.

Brake service and a paint job - you'll feel great once you look at your results.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I‘m not sure sure I see it exactly that way. It’s a dress up item that implies no pretense that I can see, unless of course somebody figured out a way to stamp “Brembo” on them. And as far as pretending to have something you don’t, how are covers any different from painting calipers? And painting calipers seems to be well tolerated here. Covers seem a lot easier.

And other than the cheesy graphics and lack of the “Brembo” logo, I don’t think most people could tell them from painted calipers at 10 feet.

The fender ventiports comparison strikes me as a little obtuse.
Those cover are always designed to make the calipers look bigger than they are and in the sport car world the sportier the car, the bigger the calipers are
On the Mustang for example you have the floating caliper for base, low models, the 4 pistons for the middle levels and 6 pistons for the high models
Same with most car companies. Therefore trying to make your calipers look bigger imply that you’re trying to pass your car for what’s it’s not

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those cover are always designed to make the calipers look bigger than they are and in the sport car world the sportier the car, the bigger the calipers are
On the Mustang for example you have the floating caliper for base, low models, the 4 pistons for the middle levels and 6 pistons for the high models
Same with most car companies. Therefore trying to make your calipers look bigger imply that you’re trying to pass your car for what’s it’s not
To be honest I have never noticed any size difference. I just thought they looked nice and required minimal effort to install.

I don’t know how thick the cover metal material actually is but I assume several thousandths. If they’re intentionally making them a lot bigger than necessary in order to mimic something they’re not, then yeah I see what you mean. But if they aren’t all appreciably bigger than the calipers they‘re covering I really don’t see what all the fuss is about. I personally think they look pretty good and will probably get a set at some point.
Sponsored