MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I got her back from the shop today. Michelle, Fidel and Brian at Meadowvale Ford did an amazing job despite some of the challenges on this installation. Grateful for Michelle's oversight, Fidel's arranging it all and Brian's technical knowledge and patience!

There were a couple of things missed that I'm sure will be rectified by the dealership next week.

They forgot to install the catch can kit. That was a miss but with the struggles of just getting it working, I completely get it.

They also forgot to drill into the bumper for the front plate but maybe the universe is telling me not to get it anyways.

2022-09-30_18h16_34.png

1664576702663.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Got some good seat time in this weekend and experienced some issues with the Supercharger. Booooooo. I've reached out to Meadowvale Ford to report the issues pretty much the days that they came in. We'll see how things go.

Basically, here is what's going on (excerpt from my "Those who actually have the Roush kit" post which is actually an excerpt from my email to Meadowvale).

Saturday the car stalled once at a stoplight while coming back from [REDACTED]. Pulled up to a stop light and slowed down, the car was fine for about 20-30 seconds, then the RPMs started to bounce; it went from 500 down to 250, back up to 500, back down to 250 and then stalled while I was in DRIVE. I put the car in PARK and restarted the car with no problems and was able to drive away. The rest of the drive home I noticed it would do this sometimes, but not every time, so I had to use my left foot on the brake and have my right foot hover over the accelerator in case it needed a little gas.

Today (Sunday) the car stalled 3 times in [REDACTED] at various stop lights. Twice in TRACK and once in NORMAL so I don't think it's specific to the modes. It did the exact same thing above. Sometimes just a very slight feather of the gas would bring it between 500-750 and it would be fine.

It doesn't seem to have any trouble when it's actually moving but coming to a stop at a light gets exciting as one never knows if it's going to cut out while waiting for the light to go green. I noticed a moderate number of pops on the deceleration too. Not sure if the pops are standard for the Roush tune or if it's an issue with the installation or the tune applied to my car? I've asked the guys on the Mustang forums in case it's SOP but the stalling is definitely, something I want you guys to take a look at as it's a safety concern.
Fingers crossed it's nothing major. Maybe they just need to reflash things?

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ford just called. It's a vapour management valve.

They were surprised it wasn't throwing a check engine light but they took a ride in the car today and observed it while it stalled; the passenger was plugged in with a laptop.

The new one is on order. Will be there tomorrow morning. Should have my girl back tomorrow night.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Sadly, that wasn't the issue. Valve Replaced. Car picked up. 0.5km down the road and it stalled at the stop lights where the police and fire services were working a motor vehicle accident.

The investigation continues.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I don't think so Todd, however, I did get a recommendation from @ice445 on a thread and according to the OP it sounds like what he was experiencing.

Start reading from here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/stumble-occasional-stall-at-idle.177896/post-3610621

I've passed this along to my contacts at Meadowvale Ford so we'll see what they say on Tuesday when we're all back from Turkey Day.

I took a vacation week this week so this is the week I'm hoping they get it fixed. Need my car to be able to drive around and find a winter beater. My girlfriend actually drove me to the grocery store yesterday to get some stuff for Thanksgiving on Monday. Otherwise, I'd be taking an Uber LOL

Last edited:

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
I don't think so Todd, however, I did get a recommendation from @ice445 on a thread and according to the OP it sounds like what he was experiencing.

Start reading from here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/stumble-occasional-stall-at-idle.177896/post-3610621

I've passed this along to my contacts at Meadowvale Ford so we'll see what they say on Tuesday when we're all back from Turkey Day.

I took a vacation week this week so this is the week I'm hoping they get it fixed. Need my car to be able to drive around and find a winter beater. My girlfriend actually drove me to the grocery store yesterday to get some stuff for Thanksgiving on Monday. Otherwise, I'd be taking an Uber LOL
Genuine question. Am I missing something? Monday isn’t thanksgiving we’re still in October.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Genuine question. Am I missing something? Monday isn’t thanksgiving we’re still in October.
Ahhh Americans... So adorable ;)

In Canada, we celebrate in October. It confuses the heck out of you guys I know.

My dad was born in Pennsylvania and my uncle lived in Ohio until he passed so I used to get October AND November!

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
Ahhh Americans... So adorable ;)

In Canada, we celebrate in October. It confuses the heck out of you guys I know.

My dad was born in Pennsylvania and my uncle lived in Ohio until he passed so I used to get October AND November!
Ah ok 👌. Makes sense.
The more you know⭐

Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ah ok 👌. Makes sense.
The more you know⭐
No worries sir. You actually made me come back to the thread and update some of the links to the stuff I have on the car. Been meaning to do that for a while now LOL

Sponsored

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
No worries sir. You actually made me come back to the thread and update some of the links to the stuff I have on the car. Been meaning to do that for a while now LOL
NP. I was never good at math anyways.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The dealership is waiting for new Spark Plugs from Roush and wants to try those as a resolution. I did mention that some of you guys have mentioned the following and so they have all this info just not sure if they will do anything with it yet.

@ice445 shared the following...

I think it's VCT/cam phaser related. They might have had some junk in them and now that you switched to 5W50 for the supercharger they can no longer flow enough oil to switch profiles correctly.

As for throwing a code? Unfortunately no. There was a big thread on this issue a while back. But basically, the car stalls before it can collect enough data to know something is wrong. I think because of that, it just assumes the user stalled it (even if the car is an auto for some reason).
I did some digging on what he said and found this thread....

And @Cobra Jet mentioned the following

2 checks:
- Has anyone pulled plugs to read and see the condition of each?
- Has anyone done a wiggle test to make sure there aren't any loose connectors, or loose grounds or even checked harnesses to make sure there isn't any chafing or damage?

Aside from the obvious above. . .

- Did the shop check the CHT or MAF values to make absolutely sure they are within spec? The problem with some sensors is that even if they are sporadically faulty, they do not always throw a code and sure they "look good" but doesn't always mean they are "good".

- Also have them check the crank position sensor. There have been many threads on here where folks are having drivability issues and it's been found that the crank position sensor is faulty. Either the body is found to be cracked, the plug/connector pins are found to be loose or debris is stuck to the magnetic end that reads the tone ring.

2 other things to check:

- O2 sensors. Again even if they are sporadically faulty, they don't always throw a code. There's been plenty of threads on here with M6Gers finding faulty O2's and once replaced, the issues clear up.

- Coil packs. A general misfire code is a P0300, which is sometimes "normal" according to Ford's misfire strategy or it could relate to other sensors if having to do a pin out trace. A misfire code of a P0301-P0308 is a specific cylinder misfire. Now I'm just throwing that out there in the event you do a scan yourself and see any such codes. But what I want you to check is the physical condition of each coil pack. There were threads on here where M6Gers had found melted coil packs. Once pulled from the head check them thoroughly, not only check for a visible and obvious "melt" of the exterior casing - BUT use a high powered LED light and go over the entire casing to make sure there aren't any fine hairline cracks. Any breach of the coil pack will cause drivability issues. If a coil pack has a crack, once it gets hot the crack is going to expand allowing an arcing condition.

Ok, yea the above is a lot to absorb, BUT those are going to be the most common Coyote issues.

Since your only experiencing the problem AFTER the car is getting to optimum operating temps, the issue could be sensor related.
Now it's a waiting game. I did put the dealership in touch with Gavin Wing if he still works at Roush, so we'll see if that helps speed things up.

Last edited:

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Ordered my Supercharger and coil covers today. That was a bit of a hit woof lol

My Catch Cans came today though!

1661198212777.png
Hey, I also have a 2021 GT w phase 2 blower and max mod cooling upgrade installed via dealer. I bought the double UPR catch can system as well ($400+ bucks). I ripped it off a few weeks later.. Do yourself a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee favor and make sure the hoses dont leak and cause a vac leak situation, causing your car to run lean.
When catch can system was installed, if i took stang out for ride and nailed it, car would hesitate, stumble and then pick up like a turbo set up. It had a lagggggg to it.. I dealt with that for a while, until i found leakage at the hose. I called them up, they were cool and sent me out a new hose. I swapped that on, situation got better, no lag or hesitation in power. Lasted a few days and started the same crap, i took set up off car and stang has been perfect! I wont use there kit on my car, no thanks.
Anthony

P.S. For the 6 weeks i had on car, the drivers side can was empty. I don't even think you need that side.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thanks @monte87 I appreciate the little extra titbit of advice. My issue started before they installed the catch cans but once I get it back, I will definitely be paying close attention to that. Thanks for the tip.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Thanks @monte87 I appreciate the little extra titbit of advice. My issue started before they installed the catch cans but once I get it back, I will definitely be paying close attention to that. Thanks for the tip.
Your welcome dude, and welcome to ROUSH family! You will be happy w purchase and peace of mind via warranty!!! I went same route due to warranty. The issue w there catch can set up for our cars is that the passenger side hose that goes from valve cover to can is way to lonnnnnng and not custom fit. In order for you to make it fit w the extra hose it needs to be curved and bent to be routed. if they wouldve measure the hose needed PROPERLY there would be no bends needed and it would be a straight run. I think that is what causes the leak from hose to metal fitting..... Just my 2 cents.

Anthony
Sponsored