A few of you actually reached out to me to state that I should put a build thread together so you guys can follow along. Not a YouTuber (yet?), Not a Celeb, just an office drone who drives to the office; and occasionally to Coffee and Cars type stuff.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
- Steeda Trident wheels (satin black) - 19x10 and 19x11
- 275/35R19 Nitto NT555 G2 in the front
- 305/35R19 Nitto NT555 R2 in the rear
- My "Travel Rear Tires" are 305/35R19 Nitto NT555 G2s. Getting separate rims for 'em.
- Roush Phase 2 w/ upgraded Heat Exchanger - Installed by Brian @ Meadowvale Ford
- UPR Dual Oil Catch Can Plug and Play kit (@beefcake Racing)
- GT500 Spoiler with Gurney Flap (Ford Performance )
- GT500 Hood (Explained at the bottom of the post under CHALLENGES)
- GT500 Gloss Black Racing Stripes (BigWormGraphix)
- Steeda Dual Rate Ultimate Handling springs (0.5" drop)
- Eibach Pro Alignment Kit
- American Muscle Smoked Tail Light Covers
- If you live in Ontario these can get you pulled over. Ask me how I know!
- Blacked out Pony, 5.0 and GT badges
- XPEL PPF on bumper, hood, fenders and A-pillars
- Ceramic Coating (2x layers) on the rest of the car including wheels and callipers
- Blackvue 900X-2CH Plus Dash (Front and Rear) with 128GB SD Card
- Ford Performance Hood Struts
- OPT7 Underglow Kit (I know, I know, but glowing red makes me younger!!!)
- FORM Smoked Tail Lights (would like to have but not NEED)
- Cervinis C Series Upper and Lower Grille Inserts with Smart/Safe
- Need to make sure this won't trigger a CEL with increased airflow
- P&S Brake Buster for my rims and tires
- CarPro Perl for my tire dressing
- CarPro Reset for my soap
- Stoners Invisible Glass for my windows and mirrors
- The Rag Company - Platinum Pluffle Microfiber Detailing Towels for drying
- 1 for wet to get most of the water off and 1 for the finishing wipe
- The Rag Company - Dry Me A River for my glasswork
- Microfiber Wax Applicators (the little blue ones) for my wheels/tires
IN THE BEGINNING
So in the summer of 2021, I was looking for a Mustang GT. I wanted all the amenities. Having come from Mercedes I had gotten soft and old and used to certain standards and comfort levels. Extremely difficult to find. There were some black ones out there but I knew how hard those were to keep clean and black is a very common colour Mustang here where I live. Carbonized Grey reminded me a little of Eleanor (2000 Gone in 60 Seconds) and I also saw a Hennessy Mustang in this colour that just made me pause and say "That's the one".
I wanted to purchase from a local dealership however they didn't have anything on the lot. They were going to look into Dealer Trades within the area they can operate but they couldn't find what I was looking for. Either they didn't have B&O, didn't have Magneride, were 6-speed or just the wrong colour. It wasn't "The One". They stated they could put me on the order list but that didn't open until maybe October 2021.
I took matters into my own hands and went onto Auto Trader.
Within days I found the exact one I was looking for at a dealership exactly 3278km away.
I called them up and asked if they shipped to Toronto and they said "Mustangs? Yeah we have in the past". My response was "Congrats, you just sold the carbonized grey GT in your showroom" (shoutout to Integrity Ford in Carstairs, Alberta).
This is her when she was waiting to be adopted.
It took a week or so to get the detail finalized however the Dealership took care of everything and even arranged for Covered Transpo. It was going to arrive the next week.
She arrived on September 2nd, 2021 on the back of the covered hauler (shoutout to Thorsons)
HOW SHE LOOKS TODAY
I learned the hard way that dealership Ceramic typically is not the best. So it did cost me a fair bit but I had a local Tint/Vinyl/PPF and Ceramic Coating company reapply the ceramic as well as a full PPF on the front 1/3 of the car (including a-pillars). If you are in the Mississauga area I highly recommend Tint World Ask for Liz. Tint World even did me a solid and found me a guy that could install the Big Worm Graphix stripes; BTW. Big Worm is a great company to deal with. They even shipped me extra just in case I needed it.