Aftrmat

Aftrmat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Geez, that is enough to make someone paranoid as hell. Like is there a small digital clock attached to it with red numbers... that count backwards to 0?!?!?!
right!!!
That’s why I started this thread lol
I was like this can’t be normal but some people seem to have it. Figured I should record it since it’s probably not going to remake or recreate the noise once it’s at a dealer.
Sponsored

Reactions: MCS

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I posted a video. If you can watch it to see if it’s the same noise we are hearing.
Yes, that's exactly the kind of sound I hear. Only mine does it more rarely. Like every minute, give or take. Or perhaps every half a minute. I've never timed it. I will listen more carefully next time I wash the car.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can confirm, mine does this as well... always wondered what it was.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
oh thats weird lmao i’ve never heard that one on mine. i hear the other noises like the flaps going on the exhaust and all that stuff when it’s getting primed to start, but never heard that one lol

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
no I don’t. I have the keys a few feet away when I wash my car.
Probably close enough, then you rub the spots on the door handles, and the car thinks it's time to go.

OP
OP
Aftrmat

Aftrmat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Probably close enough, then you rub the spots on the door handles, and the car thinks it's time to go.
even if that was the case why would it start out of the blue? Never did this noise till that Very day. Noise hasn’t came back since. Waiting on its next bath time to see if it happens again

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
even if that was the case why would it start out of the blue? Never did this noise till that Very day. Noise hasn’t came back since. Waiting on its next bath time to see if it happens again
There's a lot of variables at play here. You also just might not of noticed it before.

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does it when I have the key in my pocket, or close by. Anytime I touch around the door handles with the wash mitt, or drying towel, it will prime the fuel pump, make some noises, and flash the lights. When I leave the key inside, it doesn't do it.

OP
OP
Aftrmat

Aftrmat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Mine does it when I have the key in my pocket, or close by. Anytime I touch around the door handles with the wash mitt, or drying towel, it will prime the fuel pump, make some noises, and flash the lights. When I leave the key inside, it doesn't do it.
mine does that as well when I had my keys in my pocket so I started leaving them a few feet away maybe like 20 feet or so and it never did the flashing light or priming so I started washing with keys away from me since. And I always pay attention as I don’t have music on or anything just me enjoying washing the car so I’m sure any Noise I would catch right away which is how I heard it in the first place.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No key in my pocket either. The car is parked in front of the house, unlocked, and the key is inside the house. And no, it's not close enough to be detected, because I can't lock the doors by touching the door handle, nor can I start the engine. For all intents and purposes the key is not present.
And yet the car buzzes when I wash it.

However, some systems do wake up when you open a door even if you don't have the key. So who knows, maybe some of them wake up when you merely touch the door handle without actually opening it. And perhaps the pressurized water falling on the door handle triggers the sensor somehow.

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
is your key fob in your pocket when you are washing the car? I noticed mine does it when I have my keys in my pocket sometimes it will activate the unlock and lock on the outer door handles, but yes my car makes this sound too .. I dont pay attention to it at all tbh.

OP
OP
Aftrmat

Aftrmat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
No keys are few feet away inside the house.
They are far away to where I can’t even open the door or sensor on handle don’t even work
So idk what is causing it. Just random how it never happen till that one time. Haven’t washed the car since so I’ll see this weekend again when I wash it if it happens again
Sponsored