Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Good grief it's been 15 years now since they had a decent yellow on the Mustang. And still all they can come up with is this fluorescent puke yellow that has nothing to do with Grabber? Geez.
Because that's what the diaper gen likes. Again, FoMoCo's marketing peeps are relying on focus group feedback which, in this case is useless IMHO. The odds are that the majority will never own a car, much less a Mustang. Worse, most can't drive a manual !
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I agree there's one area that FCA kicks Ford's ass in is color availability almost any color you want.
Because that's what the diaper gen likes. Again, FoMoCo's marketing peeps are relying on focus group feedback which, in this case is useless IMHO. The odds are that the majority will never own a car, much less a Mustang. Worse, most can't drive a manual !

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Ooo I'd love that area 51 color!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey now, you know what they say about generalizing...

I suppose I’m what you’d call “diaper gen”, and I’m about to buy my 2nd brand new Mustang in the past 3 years, have only ever owned manual cars, and haven’t liked any of the Yellows offered on Mustangs since the Boss 302

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
jake,
your the exception... i do believe the "gen (whatever)" generally has no interest in cars other than getting from point A to B and if it connects to their phones....
i have been coaching high school kids since 2007 and all they are worried about is their phones and posting on whatever social media is current today....
i saw a girl absolutely lose it and just break down and sob and cry because her phone was accidentally left in her friends backpack and she left practice with it...pretty sad....
also one of the kids asked me why i had so many cars....i told her i like to drive and like the cars, and how they were special to me....she told me i was old and crazy...and that they are worthless....
the guys are interested, but not over excited about them...thinks they are cool and stuff....
overall its pretty sad how they just dont care about things, throw away society....if it breaks just get a new one...
again, my observation over 10+years of dealing with kids....(not all of them are like this but the majority)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
jake,
your the exception... i do believe the "gen (whatever)" generally has no interest in cars other than getting from point A to B and if it connects to their phones....
i have been coaching high school kids since 2007 and all they are worried about is their phones and posting on whatever social media is current today....
i saw a girl absolutely lose it and just break down and sob and cry because her phone was accidentally left in her friends backpack and she left practice with it...pretty sad....
also one of the kids asked me why i had so many cars....i told her i like to drive and like the cars, and how they were special to me....she told me i was old and crazy...and that they are worthless....
the guys are interested, but not over excited about them...thinks they are cool and stuff....
overall its pretty sad how they just dont care about things, throw away society....if it breaks just get a new one...
again, my observation over 10+years of dealing with kids....(not all of them are like this but the majority)
I will say that I certainly AM in the minority as far as being into cars in general. However, among my car-interested peers in my age group, I’m not too terribly different. Of course, I’ve had more financial success, so I can definitely concede to us typically not buying brand new cars, as most cant afford it, mostly due to poor financial management (thanks failed education system). However, a large portion of us crave newer cars offering manual transmissions, broader spectrums of colors, and more fun vehicles in general, and I think that’s the type of young person that gets into Mustang focus groups. I’d argue that most of the blandness likely comes from Gen X, who tends to love their muted-color crossovers

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
jake,
overall its pretty sad how they just don't care about things, throw away society....if it breaks just get a new one...
............................and spoiled!

This isn't directed towards you Jake, but I'm just generalizing young people around here.

The parents around here are either one of two ways: They spoil their kids by buying them Nice cars (and I live in a middle class area and by no means financially wealthy) and the second is that they'd rather be friends with their kids than raise them properly! Entitled is the best word that I can think of and it shows in how they act.

As I said, most but not all of them are like that.

As far as new colors, if you really want a 2021 Mustang, then just buy it and have it wrapped any color that you want. It's kind of like having a custom painted car without having the custom painted car cost.

For instance: A full wrap around here is between $3-4k, but that is a full custom wrap that is done Very well. It might be different in your area, but just stating my local cost. To me, it's a lot of money but a good custom paint job will cost at minimum, double that.

If you really want the 2021 Mustang, then that's an option instead of settling for a color.

Just my thoughts and Sorry for the hi-jack. Now Please go back to our regularly scheduled program! :D

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I have the new color palate sitting in front of me. UPS just dropped it off. I will say I'm loving Antimatter Blue and can't wait to see it on a full vehicle. Carbonized gray is basically Leadfoot with a ton of flake in it. Not too bad. Not totally crazy on the yellow.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Man, I don’t understand why the whole Mustang color palette isn’t available for Mach 1. Such a bummer
Yeah....that blue would look killer on the Mach.....

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah....that blue would look killer on the Mach.....
That’s exactly what I’d be looking for... antimatter would be the perfect replacement for my Kona 18 GT, but the only blue they have is Velocity, which I really don’t like :sigh:

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
I will say that I certainly AM in the minority as far as being into cars in general. However, among my car-interested peers in my age group, I’m not too terribly different. Of course, I’ve had more financial success, so I can definitely concede to us typically not buying brand new cars, as most cant afford it, mostly due to poor financial management (thanks failed education system). However, a large portion of us crave newer cars offering manual transmissions, broader spectrums of colors, and more fun vehicles in general, and I think that’s the type of young person that gets into Mustang focus groups. I’d argue that most of the blandness likely comes from Gen X, who tends to love their muted-color crossovers
Gen X'er here, you won't catch me in any kind of crossover, of any color !!!
Sponsored