Sponsored

2021 Mach 1, Wins SCCA F, Solo National Championship

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thanks Brian, that clears a few things. I assume the (1) or (2) etc, is how many penalties added to the time.

Anyone know who's owns the winning M1? Sam or
Michael Snyder? Just curious.
Sam owns it. He got it from same place I got mine, Asheboro Ford in North Caroline (for a reason). (1) or (2) are number of cones hit, each is 2 seconds penalty.

Btw - this isn't some super hermetic world, but some minimum knowledge of it would be nice if you're trying to make a claim based on results. I've talked to Sam about his car quite a few times since in Pro Solos he competed in CAM and not in S3 (or whatever index class FS is for Pros).
Sponsored

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Sam owns it. He got it from same place I got mine, Asheboro Ford in North Caroline (for a reason). (1) or (2) are number of cones hit, each is 2 seconds penalty.

Btw - this isn't some super hermetic world, but some minimum knowledge of it would be nice if you're trying to make a claim based on results. I've talked to Sam about his car quite a few times since in Pro Solos he competed in CAM and not in S3 (or whatever index class FS is for Pros).

Ok, thanks for your comments.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I can't read the fine print of the results (need a better phone!). Was the winning Mach 1 , a manual transmission, or an A10? Also, is Ford somehow a sponsor? If so,. and different cars all might of been a winner in the masters hands, might they steer him toward a more current production model more fan boys could buy now?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I can't read the fine print of the results (need a better phone!). Was the winning Mach 1 , a manual transmission, or an A10? Also, is Ford somehow a sponsor? If so,. and different cars all might of been a winner in the masters hands, might they steer him toward a more current production model more fan boys could buy now?
LOL. Car was manual. Ford a sponsor ? Hahahaha. No.
Toyota and Mazda have contingencies in national autocross. Ford can't even make a car that would function properly in those kind of events (service advancetrac being a very common occurrence on basically every model)

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Ford can't even make a car that would function properly in those kind of events (service advancetrac being a very common occurrence on basically every model)
Doesn't disconnecting this help?

IMG_1653.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Doesn't disconnecting this help?

IMG_1653.jpg
It does, but is not ( or at least wasn't) legal in street classes. It also disables steering angle broadcast on CAN bus that stock Magride controller may be using (don't know if it actually does but it has that capability)

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
I've read it also changes the braking, splitting the brake power differently than when plugged in. I've never pulled mine and the driven around, so not sure if what I've read is true.

Yep, I didn't really have a problem on a Road Course turning AdvanceTrac off (holding it 10sec, it's terrible if you don't). Now this Auto-X thing could be different. I'll test it next year because I too have read conflicting reports on what it does unplugged. If ABS is turned off it's a nonstarter.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've had little issues with running my GT350 in standard race mode configuration. No issues with the stability control staying on. Car gives me enough slip angle to not be a concern. If I get out of shape enough to engage the stability control the run is mostly over anyway. At least that's been my experience so far.

To the topic at hand, Sam Strano is a beast of a driver and the Mach 1 is basically a GT350 with a little less hp and a little more low end torque. I figured it would be as competitive as anything else in class so not surprised to see one beating some GT350's in the hands of an excellent driver and well prepped.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know what Falken tires he used on his winning Mach1? and size ? My cup 2’s were slippery when cold at the Autocross I tried on my GT350R . Lost my concentration and confidence when grip wasn’t there that I expected.

Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The DRIVER has won in other vehicles, it wasn't the car, it was the driver and his skill in driving and skill of setting the car up.
Good on him. The fact that it was a mach 1 was more of the stupid pricing games the other mustangs come with, and 30-50k buys alot of tires and spare parts.
Sponsored