Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Whipple stage 1 WITH Warranty

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Once you do something like this, Whipple, Roush, Procharger...whatever...Do you have to also upgrade other things on a Mach 1 (not a GT). In other words, is the frame, suspension, transmission...all of it (or any of it) in need of an upgrade and thus more $$$. I saw that the unit pictured also has a new air filter system. What about "programming". I always hear about people getting tunes, does this need one? Was thinking about getting the Ford Performance unit by Roush done by Ford (not by a Johnny Redneck and his two friends). No clue if it is the start of a slippery slope of added cost throughout the years. Please, people with experience answer, not conjecture. Btw, I have the tremec.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Once you do something like this, Whipple, Roush, Procharger...whatever...Do you have to also upgrade other things on a Mach 1 (not a GT). In other words, is the frame, suspension, transmission...all of it (or any of it) in need of an upgrade and thus more $$$. I saw that the unit pictured also has a new air filter system. What about "programming". I always hear about people getting tunes, does this need one? Was thinking about getting the Ford Performance unit by Roush done by Ford (not by a Johnny Redneck and his two friends). No clue if it is the start of a slippery slope of added cost throughout the years. Please, people with experience answer, not conjecture. Btw, I have the tremec.
If youā€™re asking about a roush kit, they donā€™t make a kit for a Mach 1.

Sponsored

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Thanks for the info. Guy in the performance shop at the dealer must have wrong info, or really new. Question still stands though...are there any other considerations to make the car safe for the long term, other than the changing the cold air induction? Is there a tune that I must worry about updating or not having any other mechanic mess with. Do I need to reinforce or improve any other system on the car. I do NOT intend to trach it. It is a manual non HP. I do intend to own the car for a long time.

Thanks in advance!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
To answer this easier, it really depends on your goals. If you're launching real hard, you may want half shafts if you're running slicks.

Then you need to consider a fuel system as well. Boost a pump can cover minor bumps in power up to a point. Fuel systems become mandatory past 650-700 RWHP.

OPG? Questionable but good insurance. You can skip if you want to but the newer ones seem more solid in the Gen3's.

Suspension. Drag? Course? You'll have to modify some things here and address any wheel hop if you have it. Mach 1 having stiffer bushings helps. Whipples can be very aggressive on take offs.

Not sure how durable the clutch is on the Tremec but you'll likely need a new one depending on your power / torque levels.

Forced induction is not cheap. The price on just the blower plus the install is not the end of it. Buy once, cry once. Do it right the first time. Also, don't waste money on the Roush unit. It sucks compared to Whipple/VMP/Edelbrock.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info. Guy in the performance shop at the dealer must have wrong info, or really new. Question still stands though...are there any other considerations to make the car safe for the long term, other than the changing the cold air induction? Is there a tune that I must worry about updating or not having any other mechanic mess with. Do I need to reinforce or improve any other system on the car. I do NOT intend to trach it. It is a manual non HP. I do intend to own the car for a long time.

Thanks in advance!
Stage 1 is a really safe tune that adds plenty of power but not too much to where you need to worry about damaging anything. I think you will be just fine without modifying anything! šŸ™‚

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Iā€™m curious about the warranty. So if anything blows up in the power train, who does the the work? Any Ford dealer? Only your dealership? Iā€™m assuming that this totally voids Fordā€™s warranty. I ask this because I recently purchased a GT350R. I had something troubling that I had a local Ford dealer look at (didnā€™t buy it from the local dealer). They read me the riot act about anything aftermarket, any tuning done to the engine (none was done but they busted my chops about the JLT AOS), said I would void warranty and they wouldnā€™t even work on the car if they found a tune.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Why not a Mach 1.maybe I donā€™t get it,but what the difference.as far as I can see is the Gt 350 intake manifold and cold air intake .your Taking off intake to install supercharger

Sponsored

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1 with handling package
I wish there was a way to get enough clearance with engine mounts and soccers for the strut brace
maybe an aftermarket strut tower brace with something like a gt500 hood?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
maybe an aftermarket strut tower brace with something like a gt500 hood?
That would do it. Clearing the factory hood is the issue. You can lower the motor and space the strut brace but that damn hood wonā€™t close.

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Stage 1 is a really safe tune that adds plenty of power but not too much to where you need to worry about damaging anything. I think you will be just fine without modifying anything! šŸ™‚
I am thinking and hoping that Jay is going to hit a sweet spot with the Stage 1 kit. Really looking forward to seeing the numbers of the before and after dyno sessions.

As others have said, it will all depend on what you are planning to do and how far you are going to go. Fuel system, half shafts, drive shaft etc. you have to keep upgrading the next weak link.

For me, I hate losing the GT 350 intake and strut tower brace but since not going to really be tracking the car, more of a sunny weekend day and car show kind of thing, if I can get 650 HP at the rear wheels and stay well within safety margins, I would be good with a stage 1 kit.

Watched a series of videos on You Tube of "Coyote carguy", orange 2018 GT and he put a Whipple stage 2. Long story short he ended up blowing the motor up by the end. Once I watched those series of videos realization set in that maybe a stage 1 kit will be all I need.

Don't think Ford Performance and I know Roush are not making anything for the Mach 1. Whipple and others are. Steeda is doing a Whipple install I think, not sure what stage they are going.