Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

A couple questions...

1) How can a dude this young afford this car plus the thousands in mods on Day 1?

2) When is their next video coming out showing it wrapped around a tree?
Sponsored

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Here’s a repost of the full Rick Kelly desk drive video if you haven’t seen it. It’s almost an hour long. At 18:00 he drives it around the track.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I was just on the phone with FORD. The Gas Guzzler Tax is ONLY for the Automatic. Ford hand some error and it is being corrected. I know that my invoice will be corrected (I still don't have the car), but for those that already have a manual and have paid the Guzzler tax, they should probably contact Ford.
This is pretty critical information, I'm ordering now too. Do you have the number you called? I will see if I can navigate the system and get the same answer.

Thanks.

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
This is pretty critical information, I'm ordering now too. Do you have the number you called? I will see if I can navigate the system and get the same answer.

Thanks.
Did you find out if this is true?

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Here’s a repost of the full Rick Kelly desk drive video if you haven’t seen it. It’s almost an hour long. At 18:00 he drives it around the track.

Guess they never heard of 4k video..terrible video quality

Sponsored

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I'm so sick of the reviews of this car by a bunch of 16 year olds. How in the hell are they affording a Mach I, much less modding them? And such childish reviews, sheesh.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I was just on the phone with FORD. The Gas Guzzler Tax is ONLY for the Automatic. Ford hand some error and it is being corrected. I know that my invoice will be corrected (I still don't have the car), but for those that already have a manual and have paid the Guzzler tax, they should probably contact Ford.

Thanks.
Yes we need an update on this right away. @hbash can you give us some more info on who you talked to?

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Please note: my statement about the Gas Guzzler tax was reversed by Ford....

Correction - Subsequently it was reversed, only the manual pays the Gas Guzzler Tax.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Please note: my statement about the Gas Guzzler tax was reversed by Ford....

Correction - Subsequently it was reversed, only the manual pays the Gas Guzzler Tax.
Damn I thought I was getting the cherry on top! I'm a MT guy so looks like I'm forking it over.
Boy they are taking it to the sports car crowd EPA says:
" Trucks, minivans, and sport utility vehicles (SUV) are not covered because these vehicle types were not widely available in 1978 and were rarely used for non-commercial purposes."

I'm half surprised the environmentalists haven't gotten congress to close this exemption. On the other side of the coin agriculture, industry, and big corporations will fight that to the death.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Damn I thought I was getting the cherry on top! I'm a MT guy so looks like I'm forking it over.
Boy they are taking it to the sports car crowd EPA says:
" Trucks, minivans, and sport utility vehicles (SUV) are not covered because these vehicle types were not widely available in 1978 and were rarely used for non-commercial purposes."

I'm half surprised the environmentalists haven't gotten congress to close this exemption. On the other side of the coin agriculture, industry, and big corporations will fight that to the death.
I always thought that I skilled Manual Transmission driver would get better mileage.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So how do us A10 guys get our money back? I almost walked out of the dealership over this stupid tax!
Sponsored