Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I have the HP and recaros. I only drive my car in sport+ and the roads here are terrible. I also have 2 discs in my lower back that are destroyed yet I find the car comfortable to drive on the street. I really don’t know what the expectations were if someone thinks the ride is so harsh it’s worth writing about
He needs to drive my GS corvette!
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
He needs to drive my GS corvette!
I can just picture it now. He would have loved the base corvette exhaust note and the zo6. But the GS sounds unrefined and unbecoming of the corvette name. The sounds made it unbearable to drive!

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
So I went back to a review I watched a while back which by the way I liked and I have to ask "what the hell was he driving".

Are these not the same cars?

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The non-hp really is a perfectly balanced car all around. Unless you are really spending time at the track or just wanted the HP for the hell of it (to which I’m guilty of) the regular Mach 1 is about as good as it gets.
This is good to know since I'm seriously considering a non-HP Mach 1 and don't want it to just feel just like a PP1 GT.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The non-hp really is a perfectly balanced car all around
you're in the same neck of the woods as the 2nd author. He seems mighty unimpressed with Ford's latest MR tuning. Unfortunately I haven't sampled a M1 yet. Anyone around NoVA want to volunteer a ride-along?

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
you're in the same neck of the woods as the 2nd author. He seems mighty unimpressed with Ford's latest MR tuning. Unfortunately I haven't sampled a M1 yet. Anyone around NoVA want to volunteer a ride-along?
As you've probably already seen, Koons has several... would be interested to hear your thoughts if you ever happened to take one out for a spin.

Personally after driving a non-HP car I was looking for a little stiffer suspension so I ordered the HP, but it won't be my daily driver either.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As you've probably already seen, Koons has several... would be interested to hear your thoughts if you ever happened to take one out for a spin.
and I have just the perfect road near their dealership to take it on - potholes and all. Heh. But last I talked to them (a good while ago) they weren't allowing test drives of the M1. I'll try again.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
and I have just the perfect road near their dealership to take it on - potholes and all. Heh. But last I talked to them (a good while ago) they weren't allowing test drives of the M1. I'll try again.
No test drives?? Jesus. It’s just a Mustang. Some F150’s cost as much, but I’m sure they’ll let anyone take a truck out. Yet another reason those guys bug me.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
This is good to know since I'm seriously considering a non-HP Mach 1 and don't want it to just feel just like a PP1 GT.
your location is BC........is that british columbia? how far from everett, wa are you? i've got a HP mach 1 you can drive. will give you at least some idea of the mach 1 even though youre looking for a non-HP

seeing his location is what made me look him up online after reading the article. lets just say he appears to be very typical of what i would expect for someone from portland. not exactly who i trust on car opinions.
i wish you were closer i'd love to have you drive my car and hear your thoughts. someone close to NoVa needs to give you their keys for an afternoon. with your seat time in the mustang and camaro it would be pretty interesting to get an opinion on how it comapres.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
What amazes me about the M1 is the way the car handles the horsepower. No wheel spin in hard acceleration. The suspension seems perfect for a DD and some fun driving. Quiet on most decent roads.
It could use some additional horsepower.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
What amazes me about the M1 is the way the car handles the horsepower. No wheel spin in hard acceleration. The suspension seems perfect for a DD and some fun driving. Quiet on most decent roads.
It could use some additional horsepower.
I'm thinking a new Whipple might be in order

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I'm thinking a new Whipple might be in order
Well, there is a 5-6 month wait according to Beefcake. I put the stage 1 on my Bullitt and it ran excellent. However, the PD blowers make a lot of torque down low and really inhibit your ability to really nail it in 1st or second unless you want to go the drag radial route, which I did not. With slicks I ended up with clutch slip.
No, I am really looking at the ESS centri blower. There is a whole thread on it. PBD says no problem tuning it. Cheap, well made blower. Makes pretty good lower end torque, but on my '18 the centri was excellent. Procharger still hasn't gotten theirs tested for the M1, but soon.
Sponsored