Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Looks are subjective. Measurable performance ability and value are objective.
Yes, and that's why Mustangs sell more, because more people subjectively like them more. Not many people buy cars only for the performance, the looks play a huge part here too. If buyers went only for performance factor alone, who would buy BMWs or other expensive cars? Ford sees the cars sell good, raises price. Special limited model? Give it price that will sell all the units, the demand is there. They can always lower the price if they'll sit in the dealer's lots. Camaro is cheaper because not that many people buy it. That doesn't make it worse car, just less popular one.

These cars are cheap for you anyway, average median salary in USA is 55k, you work 1 year to afford to buy the car. Our median is 17k and car costs 85k so that's 5 years of working for it. Well not for me but I still do envy you your price and the 10k difference between Camaro and Mach 1 isn't all that big.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Looks are subjective. Measurable performance ability and value are objective.

Everyone's decision to buy whatever they choose is subjective as well. Various reasons as to why anyone obtains any of their possessions... Entitled to those reasons too. I appreciate and respect that.

For my subjective enjoyment and desires... The sensations and feedback from a proper performing automobile takes precedence above all else. The more objective performance abilities, since I'm shopping performance automobiles, the more satisfied I find my experience is while using whatever the performance automobile is I'm driving at the time. Track focused cars are my preference.

Who knows... About 350 new Mach 1's are on autotrader currently. Number grows daily. We'll see what the discounts are by the time 2022's are released.
I don’t disagree. I drove the Camaro but I just can’t get past the ugly look of the car to fork over my money on it regardless.

same with Challenger.... ugly, I’d take a Charger over a Challenger if I was stuck choosing between them

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
same with Challenger.... ugly, I’d take a Charger over a Challenger if I was stuck choosing between them
The wife and I rented a green Challenger in Vegas a couple years ago. Her expert opinion: it's like driving a fast garbage truck LOL.

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
With all that Carl said, he didn’t really go into the grille ducts or there function.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I don’t disagree. I drove the Camaro but I just can’t get past the ugly look of the car to fork over my money on it regardless.

IMO, the Camaro isn't bad, just the front end is messed up. I like the look of the 16-18's much better. Same with the new Z. It looks good from all angles except the front. I would have to change the front grill at least if I got one of those. Now I love the Challengers look, classic car shape and the same body since this gen came out in 2008 and they continue to sell strong so they must have done something right. I just wish it was a bit lighter and was easier and cheaper to mod the engine.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share some feedback on the Steeda H Pipe and the Mach 1

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Guys the real Mach1 is the "handling package" Ford screws up (again IMHO) by releasing the turd first......The handling pack car is going to rip the Bullit into pieces, and on the track, the Auto will rip the GT350 a new one....just wait and see. Right now few Mach 1 are leaving the lots but people realized to late that the handling pack was coming late due to the tires. IMHO Mach 1 will make a name for its self this summer. The problem for me is the price fully loaded 65K that's laughable. That's more than a GT350, Heck for 20K more you can get a convertible C8 corvette (at least the GT350 will have resale value in a couple of years) Ford should of put a real limit on the number made rather than a numbered chassis, IMHO

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Guys the real Mach1 is the "handling package" Ford screws up (again IMHO) by releasing the turd first......The handling pack car is going to rip the Bullit into pieces, and on the track, the Auto will rip the GT350 a new one....just wait and see. Right now few Mach 1 are leaving the lots but people realized to late that the handling pack was coming late due to the tires. IMHO Mach 1 will make a name for its self this summer. The problem for me is the price fully loaded 65K that's laughable. That's more than a GT350, Heck for 20K more you can get a convertible C8 corvette (at least the GT350 will have resale value in a couple of years) Ford should of put a real limit on the number made rather than a numbered chassis, IMHO
High quality post right here. Well done. I wish I could get back all the time I spent watching video reviews of the Mach 1 and instead, reread your post over and over. It’s really early in the year but I’m saving this and nominating it for Mustang6g post of the year.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
High quality post right here. Well done. I wish I could get back all the time I spent watching video reviews of the Mach 1 and instead, reread your post over and over. It’s really early in the year but I’m saving this and nominating it for Mustang6g post of the year.
I'm noticing that a lot of the Mach detractors also happen to be GT350 owners. Wonder if there's any connection there or just a coincidence.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
IKR? I paid $66K for my 2016 GT350R.
I'm pretty sure that most folks aren't actually paying $65K for a Mach 1. I'm paying $55K for a premium with the handling package.

Last edited:

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Buy what you like, drive what you like. Don't let anyone tell you you just bought a "Turd". For me the non HP Mach 1 is the perfect street car. I can't stand listening to the "GT350 for that money argument". They are not the same price and the Mach 1 was never meant to replace the GT 350, just bridge the gap between the GT and the Shelby. By the way a fully loaded Mach 1 premium with elite package, auto, handling pack and Recaros is $63,500 Find me a GT350 at that price with a B@O sound system, electronics package, rev match (oops, can't get that in the 350) digital dash, (oops, can't get that in the 350) and auto trans (oops, can't get that either in the 350). They are different animals. Mach 1 with handling pack is for the track and I'm sure it'll be a great track car just as I'm sure the Mach without the HP will be a damn good street car.

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
(YAWN)....... another 350 owner whining about a new Mustang that's out because you now are 2nd rate to the GT500. Poor babies. Is this your way of feeling relevant again?

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
From Steeda
Sponsored