Ford

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thank you for sharing!

What the hell?
"Rather than the Getrag six-speed manual you'll find in the Mustang GT, the Mach 1 uses the stronger Tremec TR-3160 transmission from the Shelby GT350. This 6MT setup comes standard with automatic (and defeatable) rev-matching, but you sadly don't get the Shelby's super-notchy shifter. Instead, the Mach 1 has the twin-disc clutch and short-throw gearbox from the Mustang GT, complete with the Bullitt's cue-ball shifter. It's a consolation prize, but I'm not mad about it."

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Thank you for sharing!

What the hell?
"Rather than the Getrag six-speed manual you'll find in the Mustang GT, the Mach 1 uses the stronger Tremec TR-3160 transmission from the Shelby GT350. This 6MT setup comes standard with automatic (and defeatable) rev-matching, but you sadly don't get the Shelby's super-notchy shifter. Instead, the Mach 1 has the twin-disc clutch and short-throw gearbox from the Mustang GT, complete with the Bullitt's cue-ball shifter. It's a consolation prize, but I'm not mad about it."
First time I hear this. This would be insane and a huge f*** up on Ford side. Seems like this is confirmed here and here

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
First time I hear this. This would be insane and a huge f*** up on Ford side. Seems like this is confirmed here and here
Agreed. I was actually close to skipping the Bullitt because of the MT82 and was under the impression that the Mach 1 had the exact same trans as the GT350 - best manual I've driven so far. Oh Ford...

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Yep, went and read it and...
" The Mach 1 does however receive a selection of GT350 hardware, such as the Tremec 3160 six-speed manual gearbox which gains a rev-matching function, and is installed with the GT350 oil cooler system, and twin-disc clutch and short-throw shifter from the Mustang GT. "

I don't mind the twin-disk clutch, but what do they mean about the short-throw shifter?
Does the Mustang GT have shorter throws than the GT350, now?
I can't think why Ford or the customers would want that. I expected the GT350 shift throws to be what they needed to be. Especially after a couple years on the market, with feedback from the customers that took their GT350s around race tracks.

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
Well if you look at Hooniverse video.
They say the M6 in the manual Mach 1 is fantastic and THE best one out there.

It is like we say in Sweden, "smaken är som baken...delad"

Translated
"The feeling is like the cheeks of an a$$...divided"

😜

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
"Viewed outside of the context of modern performance Mustangs that have come before it, the Mach 1 is a riot. It sounds good, it’s quick, it’s reasonably comfortable, and it’s entertaining on track. These are certainly attributes that you want from a high performance Mustang.

The problem is that the Mach 1 doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and ultimately it just doesn’t look or feel special in the way that the Bullitt and GT350 Mustangs before it did. It doesn’t have the understated swagger and great boulevard manners of the McQueen tribute, and even with the Handling Package, it lacks the visceral drama of the Voodoo-powered Shelby. Instead, the Mach 1 feels very much like a package that was culled together from other models, and as a result, it doesn’t really have a distinct identity to call its own. Given the rich performance heritage it references, that seems like a bit of a missed opportunity."

Well, then. It's been a gut feeling, but I had hoped for otherwise....

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
"Though the Mustang loses some varieties for 2021, the one it gains back is an absolute blast. The Mach 1 borrows from the cars it replaces to provide a thumping soundtrack and a high level of track performance. While its power figures are great, the pony car’s stand-out features are its sure-footed handling and trackability. What a wonderful machine. "

"I blistered the track in both the manual and automatic, and each was excellent in its own way. With the automatic in Track mode, I didn’t feel the need to grab for the paddle shifters in any situation; the Mach 1 seemed to be in the right gear on entries and exits, and held to near redline on the straightaways. When I did select my own gears, the transmission was very responsive and kept up with multiple pulls of the paddles in rapid succession. However, I found it hard to keep track of 10 gears in my head while I was trying to focus on driving clean laps.

Ford had test drivers on hand who said they were putting down similar lap times with the automatic and the manual, though for those of us who aren’t professionals the automatic will be quicker.

Nonetheless, the manual is much more fun, thanks to two key features: rev-matching and no-lift shifting. "

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1128317_2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-price-specs-review-photos-info

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Thank you for sharing!

What the hell?
its a mis speak. it of course gets the Tremac.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
"Viewed outside of the context of modern performance Mustangs that have come before it, the Mach 1 is a riot. It sounds good, it’s quick, it’s reasonably comfortable, and it’s entertaining on track. These are certainly attributes that you want from a high performance Mustang.

The problem is that the Mach 1 doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and ultimately it just doesn’t look or feel special in the way that the Bullitt and GT350 Mustangs before it did. It doesn’t have the understated swagger and great boulevard manners of the McQueen tribute, and even with the Handling Package, it lacks the visceral drama of the Voodoo-powered Shelby. Instead, the Mach 1 feels very much like a package that was culled together from other models, and as a result, it doesn’t really have a distinct identity to call its own. Given the rich performance heritage it references, that seems like a bit of a missed opportunity."

Well, then. It's been a gut feeling, but I had hoped for otherwise....
He started off by saying the mission of this car is to balance street manners (bullitt) and track performance (Shelby). His conclusion is that the car is a missed opportunity because it slides in between those very two cars. That’s exactly what Ford said it was going to be. I get the feeling he is a big fan of the styling of the bullitt and not the Mach, and sort of shaped his conclusion to fit.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Sorry if it has already been mentioned in the video reviews as I haven't watched them all yet, but are there any specs for 0-60 or 1/4 mile yet? I'm guessing they will be about the same as the Bullitt which was almost identical to the GT if I am not mistaken.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sorry if it has already been mentioned in the video reviews as I haven't watched them all yet, but are there any specs for 0-60 or 1/4 mile yet? I'm guessing they will be about the same as the Bullitt which was almost identical to the GT if I am not mistaken.
Not sure how accurate, but one youtuber said the automatic did the 1/4 in 4 seconds and the manual in 4.2.
Sponsored