Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe.

The 10Automatic is probably the best one ever produced, and I can certainly see the appeal, especially if you are city
but....

The TREMEC is hands down the best manual ever put in a Mustang, and I personally wanted that driving experience.

In my opinion it’s pretty dang awesome that there really is no “wrong” decision on this because of the quality of both, and it’s truly just a preference choice. Which seems to be actually across the board on most all the option choices for the MACH 1.
Agreed. I probably would have gotten the manual if the Tremec had been available with the '18 GT PP1 when I bought it, but it wasn't, and the A10 seemed be well received, so I got it. So far, I have not been disappointed - best auto I've ever driven, and really not much like other autos I've owned. It's great that they both work so well, and can be had in a performance car without impacting the performance driving of it.
Sponsored

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
For me its all about how I use my car.
The Mach 1 is my extra car, my fun car, getting all the vibes car. And with that challenging me to shift

For that reason I choose the Tremec transmission going from the MT82 in My GT, 2018 and they are no where near the same. The Tremec is a beast, and exceeds my expectations as do the Mach 1.

In my daily car I have an automatic and so happy with it as well.

I think a Mach 1 with manual or automatic is a fantastic sportscar. Yes, sportscar!

👍😎👌

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
For me its all about how I use my car.
The Mach 1 is my extra car, my fun car, getting all the vibes car. And with that challenging me to shift

For that reason I choose the Tremec transmission going from the MT82 in My GT, 2018 and they are no where near the same. The Tremec is a beast, and exceeds my expectations as do the Mach 1.

In my daily car I have an automatic and so happy with it as well.

I think a Mach 1 with manual or automatic is a fantastic sportscar. Yes, sportscar!

👍😎👌
Well said and very similar situation to me. I got the tremec because it’s fun to drive. When I need perfectly timed shifts and want to raise hell stop light to stop light, the Audi with dct comes out :)

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Well said and very similar situation to me. I got the tremec because it’s fun to drive. When I need perfectly timed shifts and want to raise hell stop light to stop light, the Audi with dct comes out :)
If I could still have both my Audi S5 and the M1, Id' be a very spoiled and very happy driver! Best of both worlds right there. The Audi DCTs really can rip through gears, and are intelligent to not be harsh in traffic, they did a fine job with those. I loved the S5 DCT in auto or manual mode. Also the Quattro will have no problem tackling the winter weather where Atlas is!

The tremec for me has loosened up during the course of break in, Its a real joy, better than both my previous MT82s.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Didn't these guys already had a prior review? Now they come back with a comparison with the M4. Guess which one they prefer, even if A10?

Sponsored

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
Didn't these guys already had a prior review? Now they come back with a comparison with the M4. Guess which one they prefer, even if A10?

One prefers the Mach 1 and the other the BMW but both say the Mach 1 is more fun.
What's amusing to me is that in Australia the M4 is pretty much double the price of the Mach 1... so the value equation is insane!

sycd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
I believe it is the herd mentality among the younger reviewers. Just hate when they say “the automatic is a great transmission…but you should get the manual.” And then they don’t explain why.
This. Every video, every article. Everyone repeating the same mantra. They think they would probably look like a lesser car journalist or enthusiast if they didn't say this in their reviews.

I used to be religious about manuals, but for my latest mustang purchase I was looking for an auto, and found a Mach 1 and I like it. Sure sometimes I think it would be fun to go through the gears with the Tremec, but I would probably more often wish to have an automatic if I had bought the manual. With back problems, driving manuals in recent past was literally painful sometimes, and one of the reasons I went with automatic this time. Not that I need an excuse, I don't care what anyone thinks, but everybody has their reasons.

I'm thankful we have the choice to go either way, thanks Ford for that!

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
That was one of the best reviews, IMO. I have much respect for Jay, and his overall knowledge of cars. Jim Owens answers to Jays questions were honest and on point.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What does this comment even mean

“….how much does it weigh”
“Under/around 4000lbs, but muscle cars have never been light……” 😂

Jim is clearly pointing it to being a track car and high weight would be the last thing you want, hence why the comment is a bit off, in my opinion at least

Last edited:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
What does this comment even mean

“….how much does it weigh”
“Under/around 4000lbs, but muscle cars have never been light……” 😂

Jim is clearly pointing it to being a track car and high weight would be the last thing you want, hence why the comment is a bit off, in my opinion at least
Try asking your spouse about their weight and see if they give you a straight answer without qualifiers

The car is his baby, but he knows it's heavy

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Try asking your spouse about their weight and see if they give you a straight answer without qualifiers

The car is his baby, but he knows it's heavy
lol :D

I don't even dare to ask anything regarding weight....