Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yet another reviewer who comments on how much fun the Mach is... not to beat a dead horse but I find it interesting that so many reviewers choose to use that term to describe it.

Also, he sounds a lot like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Or Hans and Franz. (Google it kids.)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Also, he sounds a lot like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Or Hans and Franz. (Google it kids.)
I SO miss those days...funny stuff. You can't be funny anymore. It's not allowed.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is not exactly a review, and the overall tone seems a bit negative, but when reading the analysis of the car itself, it's all pretty positive. Even about the A10, even though, like many, the recommendation is for the Tremec manual. I was particularly surprised by the comments about Europeans expecting an auto at this price point. Does anyone know if that is true? I was under the impression that Europeans were more focused on the manuals than those in the US.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...-gt350/ar-AAPnIxW?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL

Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
This is not exactly a review, and the overall tone seems a bit negative, but when reading the analysis of the car itself, it's all pretty positive. Even about the A10, even though, like many, the recommendation is for the Tremec manual. I was particularly surprised by the comments about Europeans expecting an auto at this price point. Does anyone know if that is true? I was under the impression that Europeans were more focused on the manuals than those in the US.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...-gt350/ar-AAPnIxW?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL
I don’t know where he got that Europeans prefer automatics at this price point. Also, the Mach 1 was never supposed to be a replacement for the Shelby 350. And for all his feelings about the A10, he did not say anything bad about it

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don’t know where he got that Europeans prefer automatics at this price point. Also, the Mach 1 was never supposed to be a replacement for the Shelby 350. And for all his feelings about the A10, he did not say anything bad about it
I know that Ford didn't really intend the Mach 1 to be a GT350 replacement, but I've seen several articles that say it is by default, since it sort of fills the space between the GTs and the GT500, so he's not alone in that feeling, fair or not.

And he actually said good things about the A10, but I do understand people who prefer a manual in this type of car. It does provide a different experience, and seems to be more of a classic combination. Plus, the Tremec is great, from all accounts. And I always thought that manuals were more popular in Europe than the US, but maybe new emissions requirements have changed that recently or something.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I was particularly surprised by the comments about Europeans expecting an auto at this price point. Does anyone know if that is true? I was under the impression that Europeans were more focused on the manuals than those in the US.
The article speaks about foreign markets which I understand is anything outside the US (i.e. South America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, even Canada).

To speak about Europe, I would like to claim that everybody here is driving the stick, but it is no longer true (it is however true that a majority was driving a stick at some time in their life), and it is even no longer what people would want. Out of all the Mach 1s ordered for the Czech Republic only few were with the manual. So while I would personally never buy one with the automatic, I am clearly in the minority.

On the other hand, the only thing I could imagine people here would expect at this price point would be having a choice to pick either the manual or the automatic depending on their taste.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

Is this guy writing a car review or auditioning as a screen writer for a daytime soap opera? What an overly dramatic bunch of word salad. I found this line very telling of where he’s coming from though……..
“That’s a crying shame, because in opting for an automatic you lose something. You also lose something when you take off the Shelby badge, and with it, all that it has come to mean: a one-word answer that’ll make any American instantly understand why your car is special.”
i don’t feel I’ve lost anything by not having a Shelby badge. I don’t think I’d lose anything if I took the Mach 1 badges off either. The car is what it is who cares about the name.
As far as his whining about the auto, the Mach 1 with the a10 is a better performing car. How is that something to complain about? Not everyone wants a clutch pedal. One of the great things about this car is you can get any version of it with either trans.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I was under the impression that Europeans were more focused on the manuals than those in the US.
From what I noticed in discussions, the sentiment between Mustang owners here is that automatics is the preferred version. And dealers know it from their sales, only 30% of ordered Mach 1's by dealers had manual, even despite Tremec.

I don’t know where he got that Europeans prefer automatics at this price point.
Majority of sold BMWs, Audis, Mercedes above 40k euros (that's their starting point anyway) are automatics. People use them for daily driving and that's why they get them. Really a pleasure in every rush hour traffic jam. Not something most would use Mustang for here.

And I always thought that manuals were more popular in Europe than the US
I think they were always more popular here simply because they were cheaper. Half of Europe was under iron curtain of communism where every piece of luxury was simply not available. Now the convenience factor is kicking in strongly for many people who can afford it, and the used cars get further to more people.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
In Australia I think the take rate for the auto is near 50% (40 something percent?). It's a no cost option. There are only 700 coming to Aus, and I guess they would have sold them all if it were only manual (they sold all 700 Bullitts) but it certainly appears to have widened the appeal by offering the auto.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
As far as his whining about the auto, the Mach 1 with the a10 is a better performing car. How is that something to complain about? Not everyone wants a clutch pedal. One of the great things about this car is you can get any version of it with either trans.
The ONLY reason I'm interested at all in the Mach 1 is because you can get an auto....

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
The ONLY reason I'm interested at all in the Mach 1 is because you can get an auto....
I believe it is the herd mentality among the younger reviewers. Just hate when they say “the automatic is a great transmission…but you should get the manual.” And then they don’t explain why.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, he did say "foreign sales" but I figured Europe was the only market large enough to make Ford set something up like that, but I could be wrong. Also, the vibe I was getting from other things I'd read was that Ford was trying to make a performance edition that they could sell in Europe, since the GT350 wasn't available there.

And yes, his writing style is over the top. It seemed to calm down as the article progressed, but I almost gave up reading it at the start.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I believe it is the herd mentality among the younger reviewers. Just hate when they say “the automatic is a great transmission…but you should get the manual.” And then they don’t explain why.
Maybe.

The 10Automatic is probably the best one ever produced, and I can certainly see the appeal, especially if you are city
but....

The TREMEC is hands down the best manual ever put in a Mustang, and I personally wanted that driving experience.

In my opinion it’s pretty dang awesome that there really is no “wrong” decision on this because of the quality of both, and it’s truly just a preference choice. Which seems to be actually across the board on most all the option choices for the MACH 1.
Sponsored