ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, not at all.
I strongly disagree with this review.
This Mach 1 feels way more refined and planted than any other mustang I’ve ever driven.
Power to weight ratio is perfect, not tripping over its big feet.
This opinion isn’t in line with most other either.
And for the street, this engine setup is much more practical than the 350.
The non-hp version is the sweet spot for an all-season Mach 1.
Just my opinion
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Yep, I bought the boss 302 and gt350 without test driving. To this day still miss them both!

Atlas 1,
I hold you fully responsible if this car is doesn't stand up to it's claim....lol.

The wait is killing me!!!
That’s fair! If it doesn’t work out I’ll stay quiet when you go shopping for your next car.
In my opinion if you liked your previous mustangs you’re going to like this one. I also purchased without test driving which was arguably a bigger risk than you because my last mustang was an 08 bullitt, so it’s been a little while and there’s been a few changes since then!
These highly critical reviews just annoy the hell out of me. The gt350r on sport cups drove amazing but the Mach 1 is hardly road worthy. And it’s due to the lighter wheels. Really? Like you could tell the difference cruising around town while taking notes for your blog. The Mach 1 is a mustang. It drives like a mustang. Almost identical to the bullitt and not all that different from the Shelby. I wager I have a decent number more miles than both of the reviewers combined behind the wheel of the Mach 1 and most of what they say is just cringe to me. There’s a comment in that article about it being like a puppy with big feet tripping over itself and clumsy. That is a line that was dreamed up long before the writing of this article. And I can just picture the smarmy look on that guys face as he found a way to inject it into his writing in a way he thought would be clever. But it’s not clever. It doesn’t even make sense in the context of him loving two almost identical mustangs. These types of writers drive me nuts and I hope that people shopping for the Mach 1 or anything else for that matter don’t put too much weight into these types of reviews.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, not at all.
I strongly disagree with this review.
This Mach 1 feels way more refined and planted than any other mustang I’ve ever driven.
Power to weight ratio is perfect, not tripping over its big feet.
This opinion isn’t in line with most other either.
And for the street, this engine setup is much more practical than the 350.
The non-hp version is the sweet spot for an all-season Mach 1.
Just my opinion
The non-hp really is a perfectly balanced car all around. Unless you are really spending time at the track or just wanted the HP for the hell of it (to which I’m guilty of) the regular Mach 1 is about as good as it gets.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
That’s fair! If it doesn’t work out I’ll stay quiet when you go shopping for your next car.
In my opinion if you liked your previous mustangs you’re going to like this one. I also purchased without test driving which was arguably a bigger risk than you because my last mustang was an 08 bullitt, so it’s been a little while and there’s been a few changes since then!
These highly critical reviews just annoy the hell out of me. The gt350r on sport cups drove amazing but the Mach 1 is hardly road worthy. And it’s due to the lighter wheels. Really? Like you could tell the difference cruising around town while taking notes for your blog. The Mach 1 is a mustang. It drives like a mustang. Almost identical to the bullitt and not all that different from the Shelby. I wager I have a decent number more miles than both of the reviewers combined behind the wheel of the Mach 1 and most of what they say is just cringe to me. There’s a comment in that article about it being like a puppy with big feet tripping over itself and clumsy. That is a line that was dreamed up long before the writing of this article. And I can just picture the smarmy look on that guys face as he found a way to inject it into his writing in a way he thought would be clever. But it’s not clever. It doesn’t even make sense in the context of him loving two almost identical mustangs. These types of writers drive me nuts and I hope that people shopping for the Mach 1 or anything else for that matter don’t put too much weight into these types of reviews.
I am a big bullitt fan as I have owned all 3.

Reviews are take it or leave it with a grain of salt.

Anyone who knows me gives me about 2yrs before I am on to the next one...damn I wish I could shake this sickness!
I wish I could delete this article as it really sends the wrong message. Just bad propaganda. Period!

I will be shopping for the ps4's for street use once these wear out unless I find a good deal on the forums. I hope that the track attack will do like the past school's and sell the take off wheels at a discount later on.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I am a big bullitt fan as I have owned all 3.

Reviews are take it or leave it with a grain of salt.

Anyone who knows me gives me about 2yrs before I am on to the next one...damn I wish I could shake this sickness!
I wish I could delete this article as it really sends the wrong message. Just bad propaganda. Period!

I will be shopping for the ps4's for street use once these wear out unless I find a good deal on the forums. I hope that the track attack will do like the past school's and sell the take off wheels at a discount later on.
Don’t delete. I like this thread because it combines all of reviews so I don’t have to spend time looking for them………..even if some of them are written by people that are full of shit :cwl:

if it gives you any comfort in my car opinions ive owned an 01 and 08 bullitt as well lol

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I actually think the guy in the yellow Mach review was accurate and similar to what I would say of my experience with this car for the last 4K miles

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
The non-hp really is a perfectly balanced car all around. Unless you are really spending time at the track or just wanted the HP for the hell of it (to which I’m guilty of) the regular Mach 1 is about as good as it gets.
I can’t fully confirm until after breakin, but it’s damn exceeding expectations for me right now. Once I do a run over 7k rpm I’m sure it will clinch it. As of now, everything said about the tremec is true. It’s fabulous. Way better than the tremec 6060 in my SRT8. No wiggle. It’s serious. Better than the wife’s Miata. Better than my old Civic Si and G35.
Also playing around, impressed with the vintage 2018 electronics. A huge step up from 2008 electronics in the 2012 SRT.
I may miss instant wheel spinning torque at a dip of the throttle, I don’t miss the extra 500 lbs of the Dodge.
None of the recent reviews have anything new to say. When they start off with but it doesn’t have a shaker, I tune out.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t fully confirm until after breakin, but it’s damn exceeding expectations for me right now. Once I do a run over 7k rpm I’m sure it will clinch it. As of now, everything said about the tremec is true. It’s fabulous. Way better than the tremec 6060 in my SRT8. No wiggle. It’s serious. Better than the wife’s Miata. Better than my old Civic Si and G35.
Also playing around, impressed with the vintage 2018 electronics. A huge step up from 2008 electronics in the 2012 SRT.
I may miss instant wheel spinning torque at a dip of the throttle, I don’t miss the extra 500 lbs of the Dodge.
None of the recent reviews have anything new to say. When they start off with but it doesn’t have a shaker, I tune out.
Speaking of missing something, I must have missed the thread you started with pictures of your car. Let’s see it!!!

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Speaking of missing something, I must have missed the thread you started with pictures of your car. Let’s see it!!!
So I spent most of my workday getting a flat fixed. But I’ll take that challenge.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I spent most of my workday getting a flat fixed. But I’ll take that challenge.
Oh shit I forgot about that. Once you’re back up and running I want to see more. Should be a requirement on here that everyone posts pictures after taking delivery!

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Imo the review exaggerates what we already know and puts the verdict based on one little thing.
The changes made to suspension made it stiffer than GT PP1 or Bullitt, that was obviously the purpose to provide handling stability when cornering, the car is planted. Everyone else said the ride in Comfort is still very comfortable albeit bit more harsh than GT (it really must be) unlike many sport cars that are too harsh even in the most comfort setting (like BMW M4, where it really is considerably harsher than in here). And the tramlining, wear or handling on wet with Cup 2 is nothing new either, it seems they're suprised by it but it's general knowledge, they're good for track, but not really for daily driving.

Those reviews feel really out of balance, no talk about positive things, only talking about how track-ready car is harsher than its street-ready versions. People who bought them know best how it feels :like: It is no bone-shaker or teeth-rattler like many other sports cars, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Imo the review exaggerates what we already know and put's the verdict on one little thing.
The changes made to suspension made it stiffer than GT PP1 or Bullitt, that was obviously the purpose to provide handling stability when cornering, the car is planted. Everyone else said the ride in Comfort is still very comfortable albeit bit more harsh than GT (it really must be) unlike many sport cars that are too harsh even in the most comfort setting (like BMW M4, where it really is considerably harsher than in here). And the tramlining, wear or handling on wet with Cup 2 is nothing new either, it seems they're suprised by it but it's general knowledge, they're good for track, but not really for daily driving.

Those reviews feel really out of balance, no talk about positive things, only talking about how track-ready car is harsher than its street-ready versions. People who bought them know best how it feels :like: It is no bone-shaker or teeth-rattler like many other sports cars, that's for sure.
One of the things that surprised me the most about the review was how much they talked about the harsh ride quality. My 2018 GT had the Ford Performance Track suspension and I was very satisfied with how it handled for a street car. But when I got into it to go home after test driving the Mach 1, I thought wow, I didn't realize how comfortable and smooth the Mach 1 ride quality was; and that I really wanted to drive a handling package car (which I've not gotten to do) to see if it handled as well as my GT.

Reactions: 12g

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to feel harsh ride you are welcome to test my MX5 :D

My GT with magneride and M-5300-w springs and 20" wheels was running really comfortable considering the fact. In my opinion a bit soft, too soft in the rear to be honest even in track mode and that was on the street. Stiffer swaybars will remedy much of that without the sacrifice of comfort though

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imo the review exaggerates what we already know and puts the verdict based on one little thing.

I have the HP and recaros. I only drive my car in sport+ and the roads here are terrible. I also have 2 discs in my lower back that are destroyed yet I find the car comfortable to drive on the street. I really don’t know what the expectations were if someone thinks the ride is so harsh it’s worth writing about

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
One of the things that surprised me the most about the review was how much they talked about the harsh ride quality. My 2018 GT had the Ford Performance Track suspension and I was very satisfied with how it handled for a street car. But when I got into it to go home after test driving the Mach 1, I thought wow, I didn't realize how comfortable and smooth the Mach 1 ride quality was; and that I really wanted to drive a handling package car (which I've not gotten to do) to see if it handled as well as my GT.
That leaves me to believe they got it
confused with another review.
Sponsored