Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Awesome but I would have liked to have heard his post driving impressions. Great video

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to the handling video
M4 is on PS4S tires and most likely underrated HP wise šŸ˜‚

But not sure why he is shifting manually, should be in drag mode, shifter in D, advance track fully off....

The cup 2s need quite some hear before they have good grip! I did not have any real traction issues with my 305 PS4S when launching on the street

Anyway wouldn't buy either for drag racing, both are awesome cars in their own way

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

But not sure why he is shifting manually, should be in drag mode, shifter in D, advance track fully off....

The cup 2s need quite some hear before they have good grip! I did not have any real traction issues with my 305 PS4S when launching on the street

Anyway wouldn't buy either for drag racing, both are awesome cars in their own way
Nothing $8K worth of supercharger can't fix, and still have $30K left in the bank. My neighbor has had multiple M3's / M4's and mods are so much more expensive.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
This is where non-HP could have an edge on HP. Or if it had wide PS4S instead and shifting automatically, it could have been better. But realistically, M4 would still be faster with more power and torque and slightly less weight. Worse looking outside, worse sounding, for lot more money. Mach 1 has plenty of power on the street and great handling, no regrets biting in the back of my brain whatsoever.

More fair comparison would be non-HP manual Mach 1 vs manual M4, they're closer in power and it'd be about skills of the driver.

Sponsored

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80

Result as expected. M4 has more power and less weight.
Though both said they'd rather have the M1 at the end!

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
No. But automotive journalists are, in general, pretty awful. There are so many of them fighting for relevancy that it seems like they have to be edgy to stand out from the others. They probably feel some of the heat coming from the large increase in youtubers that are doing competing work. Something Iā€™ve noticed in Mach 1 reviews so far is that it seems pretty obvious the conclusion is formed very early on. I suspect thatā€™s due to the writer not liking the style of the car. These cars are not THAT different. You canā€™t tell me that you love the bullitt and the gt350 but dislike the Mach 1, unless itā€™s a feeling based on something other than driving characteristics.

After skimming that article I did a quick search of the ā€œjournalistā€ in Portland and he was exactly who I would have expected to see. Iā€™ll continue to frame my opinion of the Mach 1 using my own seat time as opposed to a guy wearing skinny jeans that drives a bmw z3.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
No. But automotive journalists are, in general, pretty awful. There are so many of them fighting for relevancy that it seems like they have to be edgy to stand out from the others. They probably feel some of the heat coming from the large increase in youtubers that are doing competing work. Something Iā€™ve noticed in Mach 1 reviews so far is that it seems pretty obvious the conclusion is formed very early on. I suspect thatā€™s due to the writer not liking the style of the car. These cars are not THAT different. You canā€™t tell me that you love the bullitt and the gt350 but dislike the Mach 1, unless itā€™s a feeling based on something other than driving characteristics.

After skimming that article I did a quick search of the ā€œjournalistā€ in Portland and he was exactly who I would have expected to see. Iā€™ll continue to frame my opinion of the Mach 1 using my own seat time as opposed to a guy wearing skinny jeans that drives a bmw z3.
I have read so many outstanding interviews about this car and after reading this I almost feel they are talking about a different car.

That was close! I almost thought I had made a mistake order this car!!!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have read so many outstanding interviews about this car and after reading this I almost feel they are talking about a different car.

That was close! I almost thought I had made a mistake order this car!!!
Like anything else, you can't please everyone. Look at GT350 reviews and most are positive but some complain about tramlining, buzzy interior, etc, the same kind of nitpicky crap that these guys talked about. I test drove a Mach 1 in early March and it was fun as hell, case closed, order placed.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Like anything else, you can't please everyone. Look at GT350 reviews and most are positive but some complain about tramlining, buzzy interior, etc, the same kind of nitpicky crap that these guys talked about. I test drove a Mach 1 in early March and it was fun as hell, case closed, order placed.
Yep, I bought the boss 302 and gt350 without test driving. To this day still miss them both!

Atlas 1,
I hold you fully responsible if this car is doesn't stand up to it's claim....lol.

The wait is killing me!!!
Sponsored