Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Will only be shocked if it actually plays out on the track like this in real life…
Sponsored

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
I kind of agree with that though I'm kind of happy with the 3.55 sure need to upgrade to 3.73 Torsen eventually but this could wait for sure. Regarding the other options I try to get my 2017 close to M1 HP spec and there is one big difference that is the TR-3160 which for me is a better trans for track. Regarding M1 non-hp vs HP I think considering they are the same minus the wheels and tires I think wheels and tires are the biggest difference and if you need wheels better buy something lighter as the HP wheels are still solid 31-32 lbs of a wheel. So there is performance to be gained with after market there even on HP car. Steeda btw had a lovely clip on improving the Mach 1 with aftermarket and the difference in times was insane.

2021 Steeda Mach 1 R&D Suspension Testing On Track
The HP car has solid roll/sway bar in replacement of hollow one on non-HP car, shocks, springs & ride height difference along with a Magnaride tune difference. I found the upgraded spec with torsen 3.73 has a more solid grip level but I did increase horsepower/torque significantly with a whipple, headers and tune so that does alter outcomes significantly. Diff ratio change useful for track not road per se, torsen useful for road when you press the load pedal on highway as gone are the clutchpack releases of the GT spec diff fitted to export cars.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
The HP car has solid roll/sway bar in replacement of hollow one on non-HP car, shocks, springs & ride height difference along with a Magnaride tune difference. I found the upgraded spec with torsen 3.73 has a more solid grip level but I did increase horsepower/torque significantly with a whipple, headers and tune so that does alter outcomes significantly. Diff ratio change useful for track not road per se, torsen useful for road when you press the load pedal on highway as gone are the clutchpack releases of the GT spec diff fitted to export cars.
great comments. so many folks think a HP car is purely cosmetic.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Will only be shocked if it actually plays out on the track like this in real life…
it likely won't, although the cars are close enough that take two random owners and put them on the track, the better driver is going to win. the 350R is obviously faster and should be.

now let us get back to enjoying the glory of having a better lap time at VIR :cwl:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the 350R is obviously faster and should be
it has stickers, red emblems and some hood venting stickers are worth half a second.
I guess putting TrackVents on a M1 hood the giant penis sticker would help visually mask the alteration?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
it has stickers, red emblems and some hood venting stickers are worth half a second.
I guess putting TrackVents on a M1 hood the giant penis sticker would help visually mask the alteration?
:Forum Troll:

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
hey, you ok bro?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hey, you ok bro?
I think so?

I was getting at the only remaining difference (aside from the low-torque engine) was hood venting between the 2 cars. When you install TrackVents racelouvers the surgery is very obvious. Was wondering if the central sticker might help.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure the shocks and springs are different between a HP and none HP car, the different Magneride tuning is a known.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I think so?

I was getting at the only remaining difference (aside from the low-torque engine) was hood venting between the 2 cars. When you install TrackVents racelouvers the surgery is very obvious. Was wondering if the central sticker might help.
it helps with the drivers mindset. reminds us to always follow the little head on track, don't listen to the big one thats telling you to slow down into the corners :cwl:

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Can confirm the Mach 1 has surprised plenty of people at the local track days.
Are you sure the shocks and springs are different between a HP and none HP car, the different Magneride tuning is a known.
Springs yes, shocks no.

Heres the HP spring and rear sway bar part numbers for anyone interested.

2x Front Springs KR3Z-5310-D

The rear springs are left and right specific:
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-M
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-C

Solid Rear Sway Bar: JR3Z-5A772-A

Non HP part numbers:

X2 Front Springs JR3Z-5310-E
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-R
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-N
Hollow Rear Sway Bar FR3Z-5A772-E

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can confirm the Mach 1 has surprised plenty of people at the local track days.

Springs yes, shocks no.

Heres the HP spring and rear sway bar part numbers for anyone interested.

2x Front Springs KR3Z-5310-D

The rear springs are left and right specific:
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-M
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-C

Solid Rear Sway Bar: JR3Z-5A772-A

Non HP part numbers:

X2 Front Springs JR3Z-5310-E
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-R
Rear Spring JR3Z-5560-N
Hollow Rear Sway Bar FR3Z-5A772-E
Do we know what the actual differences are between the springs?