Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
on another note - imo - marketing and media is a big deal here - especiallly for Ford. These mags always cater to the big buyers, no matter what they say. I suspect that it will be a rare occasion when you see a Mach 1 run down a GT350R or even the later GT350, for that matter. Would I own one? Yep! Great looking with most of the bits and at a discount.
Yeah, probably. I honestly don't care very much which car is faster (order was placed well before these results were available, at which point I assumed the GT350 would be marginally faster around most tracks), and IMO neither should anyone else... but everybody loves bragging rights, and it's a fun conversation to have... until people's feelings get hurt. 😹
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford can't be arsed to bring new tires and camber plates to magazine tests. Having a 'ringer' requires WAY too much thought and planning that they have repeatedly demonstrated they are incapable of. Or just don't give a damn.

The 2020R and M1+HP are for all intents identical save engine config.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Most would agree that a better bottom HP/ torque end cross plane would be easier to get to your driving talent than a higher RPM needed GT350. The bigger HP, brakes, carbon fiber wheels GT350R driven by Billy Johnson or Randy Pobst would show a more accurate result( driven same day at same track). but either way this new Mach1 is a real hi performance current day hot rod and I would be proud to have one as well.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Most would agree that a better bottom HP/ torque end cross plane would be easier to get to your driving talent than a higher RPM needed GT350. The bigger HP, brakes, carbon fiber wheels GT350R driven by Billy Johnson or Randy Pobst would show a more accurate result( driven same day at same track). but either way this new Mach1 is a real hi performance current day hot rod and I would be proud to have one as well.
Agree, I think the Coyote's powerband and torque curve made it easier to drive at 9 or 10/10th by most non-pro drivers. Randy or Billy can extract much more out of the Voodoo's at the higher end of the scale, for better laptimes of course, but I'm not sure how much more vs the M1+HP, great package!

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Kudos to Ford for putting many the GT350/GT350R performance parts into the Mach 1 and tuning it all to work on the track ! Now potential buyers have option to have a manual or automatic transmission, with a V8 tuned for better street driving than the Shelby. Also, that rev-matching feature is a great add-on, wish I had it in my GT350R. When attempting consistent laps at the limit on track, makes a difference for an amateur driver like me, especially in the heavy braking zones.

But for those that are debating on buying this car versus a used GT350, make sure to drive both if possible. That last 2,000 rpm of the Voodoo are really magical...

Sponsored

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Great result for the Mach 1, the HP car runs Torsen 3.73 diff and comes with a bigger brake booster (Than GT spec cars) helping to apply more initial brake pressure. Not sure how that lines up with GT350R spec but would help with lap times in having better corner exit acceleration and more gear selection options to keep the Coyote spinning in the sweet spot and generating max torque.

I'm happy with my Mach 1 manual, although not happy enough to leave it alone and did option it up with GT350R brake upgrade and added Whipple 3.0 Gen V Supercharging and kooks headers so basically more of a part bin special, just increases the smiles per mile... I'd like one of each but living in the real world having all three would have me dead from smiles overload!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Great result for the Mach 1, the HP car runs Torsen 3.73 diff and comes with a bigger brake booster (Than GT spec cars) helping to apply more initial brake pressure. Not sure how that lines up with GT350R spec but would help with lap times in having better corner exit acceleration and more gear selection options to keep the Coyote spinning in the sweet spot and generating max torque.

I'm happy with my Mach 1 manual, although not happy enough to leave it alone and did option it up with GT350R brake upgrade and added Whipple 3.0 Gen V Supercharging and kooks headers so basically more of a part bin special, just increases the smiles per mile... I'd like one of each but living in the real world having all three would have me dead from smiles overload!
did you have herrod do the whipple?
please start a thread about your car!!!! would love to see pictures and video!!!!

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
did you have herrod do the whipple?
please start a thread about your car!!!! would love to see pictures and video!!!!
Yes my car was upgraded by Herrod, I did every option, HP aero, wheels & Cup 2 tyres, GT350R/500 brakes and half shafts, Torsen 3.73 diff internals, HP suspension upgrade and Magnaride reprogram, space saver spare, Whipple & headers. Don't have a sound or video file but have posted pictures of car previously so search my posts to find them.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes my car was upgraded by Herrod, I did every option, HP aero, wheels & Cup 2 tyres, GT350R/500 brakes and half shafts, Torsen 3.73 diff internals, HP suspension upgrade and Magnaride reprogram, space saver spare, Whipple & headers. Don't have a sound or video file but have posted pictures of car previously so search my posts to find them.
You should post some video! I want to see more Mach 1’s with headers!

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
You should post some video! I want to see more Mach 1’s with headers!
That would require someone to record it and those recordings never sound as good as the real thing... It's awesome! if not too loud for the street, normal is now loud, sport is crazy and track mode is nascar like sound levels with the long tube headers doing their thing...

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would require someone to record it and those recordings never sound as good as the real thing... It's awesome! if not too loud for the street, normal is now loud, sport is crazy and track mode is nascar like sound levels with the long tube headers doing their thing...
Kooks with green cats?

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it was you asked on FB as well when you say Magneride remap what was done?

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
wow that track vid was awesome! As soon as the money fairy drops $100K in my lap I'll order one to go please!

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I believe it was you asked on FB as well when you say Magneride remap what was done?
I think it was, was Herrod that did the upgrade to the HP spec Magneride
Sponsored