Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think one feature you are all forgetting about is the rev matching. I drove a Mach 1 at Radford this past weekend and that rev matching is pretty fn good. Perfect matches every time I down shifted.

Either one of 2 things needs to happen to be more of an equal comparison.

Run the gt350r with rev matching

Run the Mach 1 without rev matching

Doing heel toe is going to take more time off of your lap than rev matching. That’s a fact.
Get the A10 :p
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I was so convinced by all the previous information that the new Mach 1 is the most track capable 5.0 Mustang ever but still is not as fast as the GT350 that I am now in a state of shock by this post. Most reports indicated the Ford engineers would not make the Mach 1 HP faster than a GT350. Now I feel like getting ahold of a GT350R and Mach 1 and take both to a track on the same day and see which one is the faster of the two.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm happy to read so many positive posts on the topic. When information of the Mach 1 first started coming out, there were so many negative comments. I didn't understand it. We've all got fine-assed machines (LOL. Mine hasn't been built yet.). I'm plenty happy with that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a driver's race. It's silly to get excited or sad over less than 1 second delta. This year the event is in march which is damn early and cold. I expect times will suffer.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I love the rev matching, my only complaint is that it does nothing to help the synchros, because it doesn't know you're shifting until you're entering the gate. A manual rev match gets the engine to the correct rpm before you enter the gate, giving the synchro minimal work to do.

I'm willing to be corrected, but I'm not sure that this is true. The synchro has to do the same work with rev-match or no-rev match (the other extreme) as the motor is disconnected from the trans so I don't think the timing of the rev match would have any bearing on how much work the synchro does. Now if you are double-clutching the shift that's definitely better/easier on the synchros. If I'm wrong, please explain to me how this issue saves the synchros. Interesting idea, nonetheless.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm willing to be corrected, but I'm not sure that this is true. The synchro has to do the same work with rev-match or no-rev match (the other extreme) as the motor is disconnected from the trans so I don't think the timing of the rev match would have any bearing on how much work the synchro does. Now if you are double-clutching the shift that's definitely better/easier on the synchros. If I'm wrong, please explain to me how this issue saves the synchros. Interesting idea, nonetheless.
You're right, for some reason I was thinking about it the wrong way. The input shaft speed has to be matched to the output shaft speed for a given gear change before the clutch is re-engaged and the engine is even involved in the equation. So I suppose the synchro is always doing the same amount of work if you go from 4-2, regardless of if you blip the throttle or not. The rev match just saves clutch wear since the engine speed is already correct for the input shaft speed, so there's no need for it to exert frictional forces to accelerate the flywheel/engine.

I'm curious about double clutching though, if the trans is in neutral and the clutch is engaged, is the input shaft still being turned by the engine at some sort of fixed ratio? In that case a "rev match" would help you downshift with less or no wear.

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
I have a Xingeering rev matching module on my base 2019 GT350 and it makes a difference. You can shift as needed to stay in the powerband without being a heel-toe master.
How hard was the install?

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
LOL Matt oh will you just quit fighting it and buy a Mach already? You know you want one!

But if anyone who doesn’t mind the visibility can find a new 1LE 2SS for 25% less than the $55,000 I paid for my 700A HP, they should jump on it!
yeah I’m constantly reading that the 1LE is cheaper. Just for reference, my 2016 Camaro 2SS with 1LE upgrades and 39000 miles was traded in for $41k. From the Camaro6 forums, this is probably more like what they are going for:

BE8B86A5-94FD-468F-88F0-36C750C50E1D.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just for reference, my 2016 Camaro 2SS with 1LE upgrades and 39000 miles was traded in for $41k
used values are useless. I was comparing MSRP as that's the only metric that is consistent. When I bought not only did I get 8% dealer markdown but also $2000 Mustang-owner credit which distorts the purchase price significantly.

If you buy a M1 at 8% off and the SS at MSRP then yeah the gap narrows significantly.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but it also seems the driver may have lost a bit of time
It's a driver's race. It's silly to get excited or sad over less than 1 second delta. This year the event is in march which is damn early and cold. I expect times will suffer.
Yeah, watching the videos, you can see these laps aren't quite perfect for many cars, either, (not that one would necessarily expect them to be). Among the many reasons magazine racing is silly...

... That said, I still don't understand where you're finding Camaros for 15% off MSRP 😂

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Woke up and saw this article in my News Feed. After finishing the article with my cup of Joe, I smiled knowing the value of my Mach 1 just increased over the long term.
I'm so glad I upgraded from my 2017 GT. Don't get me wrong, I did love my other car but the used car prices were absolutely dumb with what they were offering. I used that to upgrade to the Mach 1 and I haven't regretted it one bit. The Tremec in stock form with the stock shifter is better than the MT-82 with a fluid swap AND an MGW shifter. That says a lot.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Playing devil's advocate, but the GT350R was run in 2016. Were Cup 2 tires the same compound in 2016? Was the track surface the same? Were ambient conditions the same? Cooler weather could definitely hurt the tires. I don't know if this information is available. Either way the Mach 1 is a lot closer than most of us thought. The results are surprising considering the Randy Pobst comparison between a 1LE Camaro and Mach 1 HP (look for it on youtube)-granted the 1Le was a 6-speed and the Mach 1 HP was an A10, but the 1LE was much older and had brake issues. Still they were pretty close.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure no-one questions that GT350R would be faster in a real race under same conditions with same tyres. But it might not be 20 seconds difference like some expected but could be easily 2 seconds or so.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
folks part of the test is to test these in "stock" configuration, because that is how 99% of folks use these cars. the M1 HP is the best S550 Coyote Track car made. for the cost it should be close!
Sponsored