Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know it’s different from dealer to dealer, but the service tech at my local Ford dealer has told me repeatedly they’d honor the powertrain warranty so as long as I hadn’t modified anything on the powertrain. I’ve upgraded suspension components on all three of my past Shelby‘s and had TSB fixes done to the clutch and transmission and they never said anything about the obvious addition of a Watts bar and adjustable swaybar links.

I’ve also heard of people having their warranty voided for admitting they take their car to the track. Since the Mach 1 is being advertised as a “track capable” car, you’re probably less likely to encounter issues in that regard... so that’s a definite +1 for the Mach 1 in my opinion.
This is certainly the exception to the rule, as MOST dealerships won’t cover ANYTHING on a car that’s modified for track use. Hell, I’ve seen a GT350 owner with a grenade engine get his warranty claim denied because he had a rear wing and front splitter, even though the whole rest of the car was stock. Dealerships certainly will void entire powertrain warranties over things like exhaust/intake mods (things that Mach 1 come stock with), coolers (diff, trans, engine oil), wheel/tire changes (citing increased stress on powertrain components due to increased grip)... hell, I’ve even had a dealership threaten to void my powertrain warranty because I asked them to put in 5W30 oil instead of 5W20! :facepalm:

It’s scenarios like that that push me towards wanting a Mach 1, because while I can afford to replace an engine on my own, I’d rather not HAVE to do it on a relatively new car, ESPECIALLY when it wasn’t caused by any sort of negligence. And with the line of work that I’m in, I rarely stay in the same city, let alone the same state, for more than 5 years, so it’s more than just finding a good dealership. This wouldn’t be the case if Ford dealerships in general were more inclined to work with their performance-minded customers, but such is life
Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
It is directly through the computer, snip those wires and see what happens, bad things.
Actually, you could put something between the "nanny" telematics module and the rest of the vehicle. You send the telematics module valid signals so it things everything is ok. I have a data logger (shameless plug :wink:) that plugs into the OBD-II port on the HS (OBD-II) and MS (Ford low-speed data) lines. I'm thinking I can make an adapter cable to sit just before the telematics module. Hit a button on your phone, and it blocks the "bad" stuff to the telematics module, but still logs it to the microSD card.

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
This is certainly the exception to the rule, as MOST dealerships won’t cover ANYTHING on a car that’s modified for track use.
My older brother has that same problem with his local Ford dealers in Indiana. He’s had more than one “warranty party” where he bought a keg of beer and had several buddies come over to help him reassemble the car back to stock before taking it in for a warranty claim. He’s managed to get a new transmission on one occasion and a new motor on another by doing this. For everything else — clutches, alternators, power steering pumps, etc. — he just replaces it himself even though he probably could have gotten it taken care of under warranty. He keeps Ford in the dark and only uses the warranty for catastrophic powertrain failures. I know it’s not ideal, but that’s what he does.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Concerning warranty:

A track car that you can daily with warranty is... a ephemeral at best. If you track your car there will come a time when you want to get faster and the limiting factor will be your vehicle (this will vary based on your experience), but let us table that discussion and move to the paperwork flexibility at ford's disposal to advertise track capable cars and then void warranties when you take those cars to the track (or modify in ways that can be seen as track focused).

If you track your car and admit it, you better have a good relationship with your dealer. Good dealers understand that you bought a 480+ horsepower vehicle with performance suspension to perform as advertised.

I do not care if they advertise the vehicle as track focused or they use lap / track acceleration times to claim...
uqzt4o427hey2rw2jer65o9bj7q3xdk9a980atx7&rid=giphy.gif

At the end of the day, the 3/36 is voided by track use in the eyes of Ford (and a surprising amount of aftermarket providers). The more track focused your vehicle is from factory > the more money ford will have to shell out to fix warranty concerns > the more ford will try to get out of covering those (perfectly valid) warranty concerns > the more ford will postulate on track use > the more ford will support those postulations with any modification.

Yes, there is legislation that allows you to fight their claims that your aftermarket x-pipe / spoiler was not the reason your engine blew up, but ford will try to find some loophole if your dealer is not on your side. This too is a discussion for another day.

I fought for the ford sync connect to be retroactively added back to the 2019 bullitt, but after seeing how much info it forwards (in real time) to ford... Yeah No. Having built in wifi is not worth ford misrepresenting my intentions on their own terms. I admit the bullitt is a track capable as opposed to track focused vehicle by my point stands.

Take home ends up being. If you are going to buy a track focused 50k+ car from a dealer, make sure that dealer understands why you are paying that money for a ;-) TRACK ;-) focused car. If they do not, don't give em yer monies. This can be extended to all ford performance cars (see next paragraph for my specification). For example, while I am excited to see the HPP ecoboost, I am not looking forward to the repeat of "limpmode-gate" that occured with the early s550 techpack 350s.

This is one reason why some performance enthusiast are heading to truckland. Blow your truck diff during an offroad event = warranty covered at most southern dealers. Blow your car diff on the track = "wtf you doing tracking a performance car?"

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Actually, you could put something between the "nanny" telematics module and the rest of the vehicle. You send the telematics module valid signals so it things everything is ok. I have a data logger (shameless plug :wink:) that plugs into the OBD-II port on the HS (OBD-II) and MS (Ford low-speed data) lines. I'm thinking I can make an adapter cable to sit just before the telematics module. Hit a button on your phone, and it blocks the "bad" stuff to the telematics module, but still logs it to the microSD card.
A bit off topic, but that’s interesting. Blocking data from the TCU (telematic control unit) would get rid of GPS and vehicle sensor data, which is generally what insurance companies and Ford would be after if they were looking to void your warranty. I know data on the RCM (restraints control module) is stored in EEPROM and has to be flashed to remove it, but it doesn’t tell you much anyway. Does the VDM (vehicle dynamics module) store crash event data?

Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
A bit off topic, but that’s interesting. Blocking data from the TCU (telematic control unit) would get rid of GPS and vehicle sensor data, which is generally what insurance companies and Ford would be after if they were looking to void your warranty. I know data on the RCM (restraints control module) is stored in EEPROM and has to be flashed to remove it, but it doesn’t tell you much anyway. Does the VDM (vehicle dynamics module) store crash event data?
I’m not a sponsor (yet) and don’t want to get too far off topic, but the VDM has some storage related to calibration and any DTC codes. It’s connected to the high speed bus, so it could log other things, but I don’t think it is. Interesting question though, something to investigate when I get the latest rev boards next week.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Not sure if this has been posted yet (if so, please disregard). Looks like new FJG footage for the Euro model. Base with optional wheels. Almost thought it was a hybrid at first cause they cancelled out the sound at the beginning but when they get on it a little, it doesn't sound that loud. Maybe exhaust was just in Normal.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Not sure if this has been posted yet (if so, please disregard). Looks like new FJG footage for the Euro model. Base with optional wheels. Almost thought it was a hybrid at first cause they cancelled out the sound at the beginning but when they get on it a little, it doesn't sound that loud. Maybe exhaust was just in Normal.

I wouldn't Pick FJG but this video shows the car really well. I am in no hurry to get one due to pricing and possible ADM but I will get one at some point (maybe 2022 model)although I really wished they opened up the whole color pallet so I could get Rapid Red! Velocity Blue is a great second as I had a 2003 Azure Blue. Thanks for posting this video!

ddanj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro V6 1LE
52k starting uggh. And Recaros not even standard.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had problems selling these.

Makes me reconsider just buying a used GT350. Or waiting for the 7th gen.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Makes me reconsider just buying a used GT350. Or waiting for the 7th gen.
The starting price was not unexpected. No, its not cheap but it was never meant to be. You still get a lot of car for the money and it's a Mach 1. If that means something to you then it's worth it.

Regular Mustangs do not get Recaro's so again no surprise here. If you want them, you pay for them.

A new Mach 1 and a used Shelby are apples and oranges. Pick whichever you desire but why wait for the S650 if you're looking for a car now. You can always get a new PP1.

Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
The starting price was not unexpected. No, its not cheap but it was never meant to be. You still get a lot of car for the money and it's a Mach 1. If that means something to you then it's worth it.

Regular Mustangs do not get Recaro's so again no surprise here. If you want them, you pay for them.

A new Mach 1 and a used Shelby are apples and oranges. Pick whichever you desire but why wait for the S650 if you're looking for a car now. You can always get a new PP1.
Everyone was shocked at the prices on the GT500 as well, but look at how many were ordered. As you stated if it means something to you then it's worth it, that is why I'm pullin the trigger.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
It’s still about two thousand over my comfort level in base price, add to that the guzzler tax and no x plan, it makes it a hard pill to swallow over a pp1 Gt with some additional factory options and better financing options.

I was planning to order as soon as Handling Package prices were released but will wait now to make my decision. I’ve been tracking and taking notes on the Mach 1 since it was announced and am disappointed Ford priced it high just to get in the door. I expected a range of 49,000 to 59,000 from base to loaded. I’m looking for longevity so Voodoo is completely out.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Thanks for posting the video.
It answers my question if you could get the optional wheels (64S) without having to order the handling package, which it appears you can. The base wheels just don't do it for me- Ford could've done a better job on them.

I too was looking for longevity and was considering the GT350, but the Voodoo was what made me have second thoughts.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Plus stealership markup. Anybody who thinks they won't do that is delusional.

Dodge: V8 the phuk outta everything.

Ford: You get what we give you and we ain't putting the dealers on a short leash.

Stealerships around here are already considering a 5K markup :rolleyes:
Sponsored