Sponsored

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
If it wasn’t for the Chinese-made Getrag transmission in the 2021 Mustang GT, I’d say the GT with the “96B” Magneride package with the “67G” Performance Package would be a better value for a track focused car when compared to the Mach 1.

Both cars need a square 19x11 setup for the track, so the OEM tires/wheels aren’t worth comparing.

Suspension between the two cars is the same — OEM junk. Regardless of whether you get the GT or Mach 1, you’d still have to replace springs, sway bar links, sway bars, rear camber links, front strut camber plate (the factory adjustable ones for the GT350 are shite which is what you get on the Mach 1), front/rear lower control arms, and vertical links.

The aero is rubbish on both cars, so I’d call that a break-even proposition. The Mach 1/GT500 front splitter might provide a little more downforce than the stock setup, but is it enough of a difference to make a difference? Probably not. Aftermarket aero would be needed for either car, including wider front fenders to properly accept 19x11s without having to set the front camber at -3 degrees or less.

Both models make use of the Canadian Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 liter engine. It doesn’t much matter if you get the “Bullitt” 480 hp version or the standard 460 hp version because it isn’t likely to remain stock for very long if you’re tracking the car. Bolt-ons push either version to about 500 hp. There’s no meaningful difference between the two cars in this department.

Sadly, it’s all for naught if your Chinese Getrag transmission can’t take the abuse of the track. For a few dollars more via the Mach 1 package, Ford offers a Mexican Tremec transmission that won’t explode when paired with their Canadian Coyote motor. It also comes equipped with an oil cooler for the tranny and rear differential (thanks GT350). With all of the issues the Chinese Getrag MT-82 has had, I wouldn’t track one — and if I ever did, I’d have a Tremec on standby to replace it when it burned up. But that’s just me. You may love the Getrag transmission and have had wild success with it racing at the Daytona International Speedway. Congratulations if you have.

Unless I’m missing something, what you get for the extra $10,000-$12,000 price tag of the Mach 1 is 1) a Mexican transmission that won’t blow up, 2) a couple air-oil heat exchangers, and 3) a bunch of vinyl stickers and a Mach 1 badge.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Unless I’m missing something, what you get for the extra $10,000-$12,000 price tag of the Mach 1 is 1) a Mexican transmission that won’t blow up, 2) a couple air-oil heat exchangers, and 3) a bunch of vinyl stickers and a Mach 1 badge.
looks like you’re missing quite a bit. Sounds like the Mach 1 isn’t for you

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
the Mach 1 is a further development to the PP2. It will have some more grunt and many updated parts and the PP2 is a setup from the PP1 from a driving perspective. Unfortunately I have not driven one as they are not available here.

Let's take VIR as an example the GT350R has posted a laptime of 2:51.8 and the PP2 a time of 2:53.8. So 2 seconds is much but VIR is a rather lengthy track.

So if those shitty components provides some better track behaviour to further improve the driving experience and the times or provides consistent driving on the track I would say the difference between a Mach 1 and PP1 is a rather big step-up.

Not everyone can/wants to tear their car up and change all of the chassi and suspension components. Surely there are improvements to be made but that applies for all cars.

Also the Mach 1 can be had with the A10 for the ones that prefer that. However not on the HP pack, but even the base model should be very similar to the PP2 in track performance from a strict one lap time perspective.

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
They didn't stop people from getting grabber blue gt500s with red stripes. Been a 2013 kicking near me no one wants cuz it's do ugly
can you show a picture as I didn't understand what you mean by red stripes ?

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
For 52k it’s right on the money but damn it’s 52k my buddy got bud 16 gt350 with the track pack for list lol 56k
What a weird time to be alive

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I would take a GT350 in a heart beat but don't get that this side of the US

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
That is true, but there are two Ford assembly plants in my town. There are about 14,000 employees between them. Dealers here all participate in AXZ. They have to if they want that business.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
absolutely no reason to pay msrp let alone adm on this car. Call around. I’m working with 2 dealers and both will honor x plan if ford allows it. If not the deals become invoice pricing. Another member on here has a deal lined up for 1000 under invoice. You have to be insane to pay over sticker for a Mach 1
Congratulations!

I bought a 20 GT in May for a deal that I just couldn't pass up and I'm very happy with. So, I don't have any interest at this time in purchasing a Mach. In my area and many others I do anticipate ADM but of course if someone wants it bad enough and is willing to travel I don't doubt that deals can be found. I was just saying that in a year or two if the Mach follows the same pattern the Bullitt did the deals may be plentiful.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
If it wasn’t for the Chinese-made Getrag transmission in the 2021 Mustang GT, I’d say the GT with the “96B” Magneride package with the “67G” Performance Package would be a better value for a track focused car when compared to the Mach 1.

Both cars need a square 19x11 setup for the track, so the OEM tires/wheels aren’t worth comparing.

Suspension between the two cars is the same — OEM junk. Regardless of whether you get the GT or Mach 1, you’d still have to replace springs, sway bar links, sway bars, rear camber links, front strut camber plate (the factory adjustable ones for the GT350 are shite which is what you get on the Mach 1), front/rear lower control arms, and vertical links.

The aero is rubbish on both cars, so I’d call that a break-even proposition. The Mach 1/GT500 front splitter might provide a little more downforce than the stock setup, but is it enough of a difference to make a difference? Probably not. Aftermarket aero would be needed for either car, including wider front fenders to properly accept 19x11s without having to set the front camber at -3 degrees or less.

Both models make use of the Canadian Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 liter engine. It doesn’t much matter if you get the “Bullitt” 480 hp version or the standard 460 hp version because it isn’t likely to remain stock for very long if you’re tracking the car. Bolt-ons push either version to about 500 hp. There’s no meaningful difference between the two cars in this department.

Sadly, it’s all for naught if your Chinese Getrag transmission can’t take the abuse of the track. For a few dollars more via the Mach 1 package, Ford offers a Mexican Tremec transmission that won’t explode when paired with their Canadian Coyote motor. It also comes equipped with an oil cooler for the tranny and rear differential (thanks GT350). With all of the issues the Chinese Getrag MT-82 has had, I wouldn’t track one — and if I ever did, I’d have a Tremec on standby to replace it when it burned up. But that’s just me. You may love the Getrag transmission and have had wild success with it racing at the Daytona International Speedway. Congratulations if you have.

This is not correct. We do not yet know what kind of dampers, etc the Mach 1 will have or the Tremec's gearing. We don't know what the upgrades to the 10R80 are either except they are not the same as the GT including the torque converter. I really think you are assuming things which we simply do not know yet.
We do know it will be significantly cheaper than a GT350. No VooDoo engine, I grant you that, but I have had several 5.0 engines which have safely and smoothly been shifted at 8K with no issues.
Tires matter for sure. In fact many magazines over the years have shown the single most important aspect in any cars handling are the tires.
I agree with the post above me that this car is probably not for you. Terms like "garbage" don't apply as you have not driven one or seen a serious review on the cars handling.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I mean really, if you want to look at value as a base for a highly modified track car, your BEST option will be a completely base model 5.0. Get APracing brakes, MCS coilovers, big aero, Torsten diff with 4.11 gear, custom coolers, engine bolt-ons, and a 19x11 square setup and you’ll be running faster lap times than even a GT350 for less money

The flip side to that is you also have a less streetable car that you’ve put THOUSANDS of dollars into that you’ll never get back, and you’ll lose your warranty. So I guess you really have to ask which is more important. I bought my last Mustang specifically with that purpose, but every time I went to spend those thousands of dollars, I just thought about how nice it is to have a warranty and used that money for more seat time instead. That’s why I sold my car for the Mach 1... it’ll offer similar performance to a heavily modified GT for probably close to the same cost (considering I got a premium plus model) while having a factory warranty and actually being worth something when I go to sell it. And if I’m not fully satisfied with certain aspects of the performance, I can still modify it

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Red hood/roof stripes.
You know, I think I have seen that GT500 being sold before. If it is the same one I saw a few years ago it is either a salvage car or something like that. Do you have the link? I thought it was cool...
Sponsored