Sponsored

vbondjr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
This looks like its going to be a great swan song for the S550. As good as the S550 is, I'm a bit anxious to see what the next generation mustang is going to be like. The fact that it is going to be a larger vehicle with more models and body styles make me hopeful for something from Ford that can compete with the Challenger and Charger from Dodge along with the fact that Ford has added electrification to the mix. Hopefully, this 480hp variant will become the standard V8 for the next Generation GT along with the Predator 5.2L and a few Ecoboost variants and non-plug-in Ecoboost Hybrid Variants thrown in the mix for good measure.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ahhh ok, well honestly that kinda sets my choice on color... Cant get fighter jet with recaros...
If we can believe the color/seat combo chart at the end, you CAN get the Recaros with Appearanc package. Page 27

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
For the handling package, maybe they are waiting till the GT350's are all cleaned up as maybe it is too close in lap times. Or they are going to wait till they have nailed down the lap times to see how much extra they can charge! Or both...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I think part of the problem is old men and gt350s. When i was looking at one almost all dealerships opted for the leather package with the old man seats!
In my area ALL were the bucket seats. I wanted the leather since it would be a daily.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
your premise is false. magneride is included whether or not you want it. It remains to be seen whether or not an "electronics" package will materialize. If Ford was smart they'd bake all that nanny-shit into the base car (adaptive cruise, BLIS, etc) since everyone else is. You'd have to be a moron to pay extra for that stuff in a 2021 car.
I'd never pay extra for it, but I'd GLADLY pay LESS for a car without any of it.

Sponsored

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
In my area ALL were the bucket seats. I wanted the leather since it would be a daily.
lucky! I even went to maybe order one. the saleman came back and said "i added the leather seat option for you"

I told him thank you but if it came in that way i wouldn't take it. must just be the dealers

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, relax, you can get Recaros with FJG. It just wonā€™t have the orange accents that the base seats have... although Iā€™m also pissed that I canā€™t get red interior. Like, theyā€™re the same damn seats on the same damn assembly line, why canā€™t I??
A53A5034-8B9A-4BF5-94CF-FA8D3A8132AB.jpeg

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Guys, relax, you can get Recaros with FJG. It just wonā€™t have the orange accents that the base seats have... although Iā€™m also pissed that I canā€™t get red interior. Like, theyā€™re the same damn seats on the same damn assembly line, why canā€™t I??
I feel ya man. I want the 21 Mach 1 in red w/ red interior to park right next to my exact 50 year older 71 mach 1 in red w/ red interior.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I feel ya man. I want the 21 Mach 1 in red w/ red interior to park right next to my exact 50 year older 71 mach 1 in red w/ red interior.
I wanted an Antimatter blue with red interior to replace my Kona blue with red interior that I sold to buy this car... but looks like Iā€™m going to have to compromise :sigh:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Antimatter blue with red interior
Ford Marketing knows better than you do, you unwashed heathen! :)
It's a crying shame it's not being offered. Also the 'white' detail stripe on a Yellow Mach? WTH, Red should be an option there as well. There is no justifiable reason to curtail some of these combos except that the art department thinks they know better than the customer. Bite me, K?

Sponsored

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
For the handling package, maybe they are waiting till the GT350's are all cleaned up as maybe it is too close in lap times. Or they are going to wait till they have nailed down the lap times to see how much extra they can charge! Or both...
This. I bet thatā€™s why there waiting to not sell the handling pack yet. Going to be too close to the GT350 price wise, hindering the unloading of them from dealerships this winter.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I wanted an Antimatter blue with red interior to replace my Kona blue with red interior that I sold to buy this car... but looks like Iā€™m going to have to compromise :sigh:
I can't decide though if I'll swap out the interior for the factory red one, or I'll get it redone aftermarket to better match the 71 with the black striping in the seats, and add more to the doors than the current red interior has.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Marketing knows better than you do, you unwashed heathen! :)
It's a crying shame it's not being offered. Also the 'white' detail stripe on a Yellow Mach? WTH, Red should be an option there as well. There is no justifiable reason to curtail some of these combos except that the art department thinks they know better than the customer. Bite me, K?
This is exactly what makes me so mad about it... like, thereā€™s literally NO reason to NOT offer these options other than marketing not wanting to. Itā€™s complete bullshit, and that pared with all the other things Iā€™ve been hating about this process are really turning me off to buying another Mustang

I can't decide though if I'll swap out the interior for the factory red one, or I'll get it redone aftermarket to better match the 71 with the black striping in the seats, and add more to the doors than the current red interior has.
Tbh, if youā€™re replacing them anyways, might as well go aftermarket. Red OEM Recaros go for about $5k used... which is why I KNEW I should've swapped out the seats before I sold my last Mustang :facepalm:

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I thought Ford Performance Blue was coming to the Mustang this year? Must not be applicable to the Mach 1... :frown:
Only available on FP vehicles unfortunatelyā€¦and the Mach 1 technically isn't.
Sponsored