Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Handling package isn’t available yet so it’s not listed. It will an update to the order guide when available.
I still can’t believe that you can load up a Mach with appearance package and eventually handling package but can’t include recaros. The best handling 5.0 with all the options except the seats lol. I would love to meet the genius at ford that came up with that idea.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I thought Ford Performance Blue was coming to the Mustang this year? Must not be applicable to the Mach 1... :frown:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see anything mentioned in the 67D package that would denote that it is the handling package. Also, the handling pack is suppose to have the same size wheel and tire as the PP2 cars, no mention of those sizes in the guide.
Yeah I updated my previous post. Still a STUPID option name.
Handling package isn’t available yet so it’s not listed. It will an update to the order guide when available.
I still can’t believe that you can load up a Mach with appearance package and eventually handling package but can’t include recaros. The best handling 5.0 with all the options except the seats lol. I would love to meet the genius at ford that came up with that idea.
I don't see how AP negates Recaro. Well, it could be taken 2 ways. I take it as 'if you choose Recaro you don't get seats with "unique seat back accent color"'. If they REALLY meant AP negates 88S I think they would have not buried it in a foot-note. And they would be incredibly stupid to have done so.

Furthermore see page 27 which clearly indicates Recaros + Appearance is valid. (assumes document is accurate)

Last edited:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Hmm,

I think this will end up like the bullitt again. Give it a bit of time and you will be able to grab em for cheap. Especially since the world economy took a beating this year. Less money has trickled down to the class that would want these vehicles. And with the unknown around the corner, I don't see many going out to grab them atm (outside of hardcore liquid enthusiast). They will sell okay, but I don't expect them to sell like the 350s. The problem is that Ford is hoping they will sell like 350s, but at that kitted out price-point, there are other options.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Hmm,

I think this will end up like the bullitt again. Give it a bit of time and you will be able to grab em for cheap. Especially since the world economy took a beating this year. Less money has trickled down to the class that would want these vehicles. And with the unknown around the corner, I don't see many going out to grab them atm (outside of hardcore liquid enthusiast). They will sell okay, but I don't expect them to sell like the 350s. The problem is that Ford is hoping they will sell like 350s, but at that kitted out price-point, there are other options.
i think you are on to something. No product launch occurs in a vacuum. To break through the environmental inertia you describe, you need a blockbuster launch.

Accordingly, I’m amazed they don’t have the handling package sorted out yet. Why would they not have that sorted out when everything it uses is in the parts bin already? Aside from the Mach-1 specific grey paint and the decals, I can’t believe there’s a hardware shortage for the handling package.

Now people will wait and see what that handling package prices out at, which will cost launch momentum.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They will sell okay, but I don't expect them to sell like the 350s
Ford only sold 3600 copies of the GT350 in 2019. What I'd like to see is the PP2 numbers which may be really, really bad. If Mach1 can at least hit Bullitt units it'll probably been worth it.

Not having the Handling Package itemized and prices published is just DUMB. It's fine if you can't go into manufacturing till March with earliest delivery for April. At least you don't kill the wave of hype. Now the only orders Ford will see will be for the "don't care about handling" crowd which while useful I doubt is representative of the customer population.

Maybe they want to see how badly GT+Premium (400/401 trims) get hammered. Or if Mach 1 take-up is miserable to adjust the pricing and similarly save face on the Handling Pack before going public.

My guess the Mach1 will split the difference between PP2 and Bullitt units. People who have Bullitts aren't about to buy another special edition (unless they have $$$), and anyone contemplating a 400/401A and isn't a track rat will "Meh" on some stickers and a inflated price.

For example here's an "almost" Mach1 Delux. Stickers for 51K (401A+PP1+MR+AE), selling for 44.4 which is a VASTLY better deal. You could buy the trans+coolers+diff cooler+bumper and odds+sods yourself and even at full retail still come out ahead of the 'base' Mach1, let alone WAY ahead of the ~55k target for the Delux

https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-08a4b9960a0e0a6b5b4476a99b0bf4bd.htm

Last edited:

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
What all does the appearance package include? cause if I can opt for recaros id like that in my handling package over some stickers..

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
With how the revised 2019+ MT-82 has been doing I don't see the 3560 as any real upgrade anymore.

Maybe I'm an oddball on this, but I got my Bullitt for 50K and then spent 1K on a FP handling kit, I don't see any meaningful upgrade over my Bullitt for the base Mach1.

More so when Bullitts can be had for even less now and even if I was tracking the car more, a GT350 can be had in the mid 40's used. To me either of those is a much better buy.

I've loved the Mach1 since I was a kid, and still miss my 2003(RIP), but I'm finding a Really hard case for even having interest in this version. It still feels, and looks, more like a BOSS car to me than a Mach1. I don't see much/any case for a Bullitt or PP2 owner to upgrade unless they wanted the 10spd auto.

I agree with you, other than the tranny and diffy cooling the Mach 1 has.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Ford only sold 3600 copies of the GT350 in 2019. What I'd like to see is the PP2 numbers which may be really, really bad. If Mach1 can at least hit Bullitt units it'll probably been worth it.

Not having the Handling Package itemized and prices published is just DUMB. It's fine if you can't go into manufacturing till March with earliest delivery for April. At least you don't kill the wave of hype. Now the only orders Ford will see will be for the "don't care about handling" crowd which while useful I doubt is representative of the customer population.

Maybe they want to see how badly GT+Premium (400/401 trims) get hammered. Or if Mach 1 take-up is miserable to adjust the pricing and similarly save face on the Handling Pack before going public.

The only way I would ever even contemplate a Mach 1 is with the handling package, agreed 100%, its just dumb.

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
The only way I would ever even contemplate a Mach 1 is with the handling package, agreed 100%, its just dumb.
I think part of the problem is old men and gt350s. When i was looking at one almost all dealerships opted for the leather package with the old man seats!

Reactions: JWS

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I updated my previous post. Still a STUPID option name.

I don't see how AP negates Recaro. Well, it could be taken 2 ways. I take it as 'if you choose Recaro you don't get seats with "unique seat back accent color"'. If they REALLY meant AP negates 88S I think they would have not buried it in a foot-note. And they would be incredibly stupid to have done so.
you’re right. I hope it can be taken that way but I’m not optimistic. Makes me think there is a reason the FJG car that has been shown didn’t have recaros but the blue base car did. Perhaps ford can’t Deal with the complexity on the production line of having all the features of the appearance package but not having the seats with the orange stripe. Incredibly stupid decision if this ends up being the case.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What all does the appearance package include? cause if I can opt for recaros id like that in my handling package over some stickers..
Fighter jet grey with black and orange accents.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
your premise is false. magneride is included whether or not you want it. It remains to be seen whether or not an "electronics" package will materialize. If Ford was smart they'd bake all that nanny-shit into the base car (adaptive cruise, BLIS, etc) since everyone else is. You'd have to be a moron to pay extra for that stuff in a 2021 car.
Co pilot 360 is standard on ALL 2021 Mustangs.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Thanks for pointing out. I guess I missed that. So deduct about $4k from my math but add $1k for stripes a.k.a. appearance package :giggle: still not cheap but am sure it'll sell.
Stripes are included in the Base Mach 1. There is an option to delete them.
Sponsored