Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Is it me or does announcing a base price really say much as long as it is unclear what elements of 301A, PP1, electronics and nanny system packages and/or Magneride are included?
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Is it me or does announcing a base price really say much as long as it is unclear what elements of 301A, PP1, electronics and nanny system packages and/or Magneride are included?
I could be mistaken but I think base is being used to reference a car without the handling package or appearance package. Magneride and electronics are standard........I think

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
Now my choice... Do i think, if the handling package is about 58G well say, is it 10-12G more than my current 2020 ss 1le..

Sponsored

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Thank you for sharing, OP! A little higher than I expected. So if for the base ($53k including destination & delivery), you add (similar to the BULLITT) some sort of Electronics Package ($2,1k), Magneride ($1,7k), and Leather Recaros ($1,6k), you're looking at somewhere around $58,5k for a loaded base including destination & delivery. 10-Speed vs. Tremec may not affect pricing. So the Handling Pack ($3k ?) on top would push that over $60k into GT350 territory. Add some ADM crap and it'll be over $70k. Hard to justify vs. a MSRP GT500, C8 or a ZL1 since Ford is harping on the track capability of the Mach1. Wonder if the pricing already includes the gas guzzler tax that the BULLITT got for 2020 :crazy:
Magride is included in the base

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Hopefully the appearance package will be rid of those horrible black wheels I see in the adverts.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I saw an article today that said the 10 spd auto was a $1,600 option for the Mach 1.
Since I have a 2019 PP2, I'm in no hurry to trade, but I really would like to have an A10. There might be a Mach1 in my future, but I'm in no hurry.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
except the FORD no less spokesman didn't say that now did he... That's what his cue card should have said but he forgot his teleprompter. The GT350 is dead and buried. First rule of PR - what happened 5 minutes ago is not relevant to the narrative. Ford wants the buying public to rapidly forget the GT350 ever existed. You're all supposed to go out and yammer on about the greatest track Mustang the Mach 1. Come on man, stay on message!

would seem appropriate. But come on, the Ford C-suite needs more take-home pay. And you're not supposed to think in such logical fashion or notice such mundane details. The A10 has always been an up-charge. To now confuse the dolt consumer by saying it's "free" would confuse them and lead to rancorous outbursts on the show-room floor by P'd off lesser Mustang buyers who have to pay for theirs.

If Ford doesn't outright gouge for the full amount I reckon it'll be a $500-800 option.
Well to be that guy.....ask any Shelby guy on here and 95% will tell you their Shelby is NOT a Mustang. So with that frame of mind the Mach 1 will be the best track "Mustang" ever.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Notice on Page 23 there's a second wheel option for the Mach 1, and I don't mean the Handling Package wheel.

It appears to be identical to the Ecoboost High Performance Handling Pack wheel, but rather than a square 19x9.5" setup, its 19x10" at the rear. It appears to be the wheel the FJG car was running at the Ring :)

Ring.png

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Notice on Page 23 there's a second wheel option for the Mach 1, and I don't mean the Handling Package wheel.

It appears to be identical to the Ecoboost High Performance Handling Pack wheel, but rather than a square 19x9.5" setup, its 19x10" at the rear. It appears to be the wheel the FJG car was running at the Ring :)

Ring.png
yeah, like the current PP2 wheel I think.

there's some WTFery going on here. I do not see anything indicating handling package? Still upset that the red interior is not an option, will be having to get that changed out myself after the fact.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Can anyone confirm from the guide if I’m reading this correctly? You can NOT get recaros with the appearance package? If I’m reading that correct that is a major disappointment.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the 'handling pack' appears to have been renamed 'elite (67D)' package. Or maybe they're just gratuitously renaming 'premium'. Nope, they're calling the trims "High" and "Delux" instead of "Standard" and "Premium". Because wouldn't want to sully the vaunted Mach 1 with rental-car terminology.

Geezus Ford, 'Elite (67D)' is just B&O radio and Enhanced Security? Talk about a totally USELESS distinction. Just call it B&O and it automatically requires 43S. Someone in marketing needs to take an intro class in logic.

You can NOT get recaros with the appearance package?
Both Recaros are independent of anything else. Since Appearance is tied to Delux trim, your Recaros would be of the leather-trimmed variety.

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I don't think the ADMs will be that bad. Ford will build as many as they can make. Also the base car has all the coolers. I would switch out the wheels that Ford puts on anyway, as OEM wheels are like boat anchors.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
the 'handling pack' appears to have been renamed 'elite (67D)' package. Or maybe they're just gratuitously renaming 'premium'. Nope, they're calling to "Delux" instead. Because wouldn't want to sully the vaunted Mach 1 with rental-car terminology.

I didn't see anything mentioned in the 67D package that would denote that it is the handling package. Also, the handling pack is suppose to have the same size wheel and tire as the PP2 cars, no mention of those sizes in the guide.
Sponsored