Sponsored

Nmmtime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2019 F350 limited, 1992 Mustang GT
I recently picked up my new 2021 Mach 1. I’d be willing to answer as many questions as I can. I can tell you that the Handling package was not available to purchase on the car. I bought every option except the top stereo option. The handling package to include front splitter and rear wing and gurney flap, I had to order after the arrival. I also ordered the upgraded rims and came to find out those are also not available. They are not the 5 spoke. I attached the new photo of build site. The dealership went thru a Ford field rep and they did a investigation to find out what exactly was going. Fords response was the way I got the car is how they will come. Not to say there won’t be a second build package. But as of now you cannot get the car any other way. My avatar is my new Mach 1.

EB84A8D6-4BAA-4374-8616-EEE242743DE9.jpeg
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, what vehicles are you referring to that are track warranties?
unless the rules got changed recently, all Camaro 1LE packages (a 4-7000 surcharge depending on I4, V6 or V8). The Camaro equally spec'd to a Mach 1 is minimum $7000 cheaper. Ford's pricing and exclusionary warranty terms are grotesquely inferior.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
unless the rules got changed recently, all Camaro 1LE packages (a 4-7000 surcharge depending on I4, V6 or V8). The Camaro equally spec'd to a Mach 1 is minimum $7000 cheaper. Ford's pricing and exclusionary warranty terms are grotesquely inferior.
From the verbiage of Chevy, they seem to be the most open about track use of their track oriented vehicles/packages.

An article that popped up gave summaries of all the manufacturers and their "track" use warranty. "Abuse" was the common term that was the exception to the rule, even during non-competivite/non-timed events.

The second line in the equation is the dealership involved, and how much they want to go to bat for you.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I recently picked up my new 2021 Mach 1. I’d be willing to answer as many questions as I can. I can tell you that the Handling package was not available to purchase on the car. I bought every option except the top stereo option. The handling package to include front splitter and rear wing and gurney flap, I had to order after the arrival. I also ordered the upgraded rims and came to find out those are also not available. They are not the 5 spoke. I attached the new photo of build site. The dealership went thru a Ford field rep and they did a investigation to find out what exactly was going. Fords response was the way I got the car is how they will come. Not to say there won’t be a second build package. But as of now you cannot get the car any other way. My avatar is my new Mach 1.

EB84A8D6-4BAA-4374-8616-EEE242743DE9.jpeg
Congrats! Can you start a new thread with your opinions on it so far? I’d love to see pics and get some exhaust videos!!

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The new Vette's are covered as well as long as you have the Z51 package and follow the track prep guidelines. They also don't exclude competitive driving. Price would fall between a Mach 1 and a base GT500 (well when they become more available and there are no ADM's but we are dealing with that on Mach1's and GT500's as well).

Yes they have a "may affect the warranty" but that is then linked to not following the track prep guidelines. From what I have read in the past, people have had their Camaro's and Vette's towed from the track to the dealer without warranty issues.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=13207

From the Vette owners manual (pages 150 and 151)

"Track Events and Competitive Driving (Z51 Only) Vehicles without Z51 package should not be used for track events and competitive driving."

"Participating in track events or other competitive driving without following the instructions provided may affect the vehicle warranty. See the warranty manual before using the vehicle for racing or other competitive driving. See Competitive Driving Mode 0 192. Be sure to follow all service procedures before driving the vehicle at track events or competitively."

https://my.gm.com/content/dam/gmown...hevrolet-corvette-track-preparation-guide.pdf

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The new Vette's are covered as well as long as you have the Z51 package and follow the track prep guidelines. They also don't exclude competitive driving. Price would fall between a Mach 1 and a base GT500 (well when they become more available and there are no ADM's but we are dealing with that on Mach1's and GT500's as well).

Yes they have a "may affect the warranty" but that is then linked to not following the track prep guidelines. From what I have read in the past, people have had their Camaro's and Vette's towed from the track to the dealer without warranty issues.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=13207

From the Vette owners manual (pages 150 and 151)

"Track Events and Competitive Driving (Z51 Only) Vehicles without Z51 package should not be used for track events and competitive driving."

"Participating in track events or other competitive driving without following the instructions provided may affect the vehicle warranty. See the warranty manual before using the vehicle for racing or other competitive driving. See Competitive Driving Mode 0 192. Be sure to follow all service procedures before driving the vehicle at track events or competitively."

https://my.gm.com/content/dam/gmown...hevrolet-corvette-track-preparation-guide.pdf
Not a Chevy fan boy or trolling, just some information as it seemed relevant. I am keeping my Mustang and plan to keep having fun with it for a long time.

I will tell you one thing I read about the latest Camaro's that I never thought about - most people cannot get a helmet through the window. Track warranty or no track warranty, in the event of an emergency, that is a REAL PROBLEM!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
most people cannot get a helmet through the window. Track warranty or no track warranty, in the event of an emergency, that is a REAL PROBLEM!
fitting a body thru the window is just as problematic I should think unless you're <200lbs soaking wet. Though if you're gonna try to get somebody out the window I don't think helmet (and spine immobilization) is really going to be very high on the list. The tracks I go to have dedicated EMS on-site, typically at least 2 crews. I should think hydralic sheers/wedge tools would be part of the rescue package. From a neck/spinal injury perspective I would be more concerned about low ceiling and being unable to remove the helmet in-car, one guy holding the head, the other snipping the strap and rolling it off like I was taught in emergency road-side assistance but that was for 2-wheels which uniquely don't have access problems.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
fitting a body thru the window is just as problematic I should think unless you're <200lbs soaking wet. Though if you're gonna try to get somebody out the window I don't think helmet (and spine immobilization) is really going to be very high on the list. The tracks I go to have dedicated EMS on-site, typically at least 2 crews. I should think hydralic sheers/wedge tools would be part of the rescue package. From a neck/spinal injury perspective I would be more concerned about low ceiling and being unable to remove the helmet in-car, one guy holding the head, the other snipping the strap and rolling it off like I was taught in emergency road-side assistance but that was for 2-wheels which uniquely don't have access problems.
All true. My other concern would be about fire and no time for helmet removal, especially with a HANs or other restraint on.

I saw some folks saying they would just kick out the front windshield, but there are a lot of assumptions there. First you have to be conscience, second your legs have to be free, third you would need to be a gymnast to get them into position and fourth you are assuming the windshield is just going to pop out with one swift kick like it does in the movies.

Okay, I have sufficiently diverted this thread....now back to our regularly scheduled program!

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
Is there any info on how to use the grille duct inlets for driving during track days?
Sponsored