Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Mustang Prototype Spied on The Prowl?!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Why I'm thinking this won't be a corners car. I think Ford might be going after the challenger 1320 R/T. Why not give us a N/A drag car?

Bullit-ultimate street mustang
350-road course weapon
Mach 1- straight line car?
500-king of all 3

Just a thought
A Base GT with PP1 and 10spd auto already holds its own with the 1320. Also the wider front wheels would hinder it at a drag strip, not help.
Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
That looks great. Paint it Redfire, and I'm in.
There's also this rendering floating around online what the 2021 Mustang could look like.?. I'm sure the Mach 1 would get
Screenshot_20200127-145531~2.png
its own specific grill and badge.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Why I'm thinking this won't be a corners car. I think Ford might be going after the challenger 1320 R/T. Why not give us a N/A drag car?

Bullit-ultimate street mustang
350-road course weapon
Mach 1- straight line car?
500-king of all 3

Just a thought
by calling the Bullit anything more than a rebadged GT is more than generous. To call it the "ultimate street mustang" we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. lol. Lastly I have a manual and so does the Bullit, but realistically the 10 speed is the ultimate, modifiable, street mustang. Period.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Cobra
This could also be nothing more than a powertrain mule for who knows what model. The off-the-shelf appearance parts could be there just to stir the pot.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
by calling the Bullit anything more than a rebadged GT is more than generous. To call it the "ultimate street mustang" we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. lol. Lastly, I have a manual and so does the Bullit, but realistically the 10 speed is the ultimate, modifiable, street mustang. Period.
He's more paraphrasing reviews. A few long term reviews called the Bullitt the best Mustang that embodies what people think when they think "Mustang".

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Having family who works for the Big 3 in Detroit, I got some inside information on the Mach 1.
Ford is definitely going "Retro".... but only going "Retro" back to the mid-70's.
It seems that going retro to the late 60's is now getting old, so they are going to move to the next retro generation.
Behold, the newest Mach 1:

0aec3cba2cf86fc06eb683ce8d70a5f4.jpg

Look on the Bright Side... at least its Grabber Blue!!!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I did grow up in the Detroit area, but the "inside information" is complete hog-wash. (What exactly is "hog-wash" anyways? Soap for your pig before you turn it into bacon strips?)

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I would have guessed that it will use a cross plane crank version of the 5.2 to keep it a cheap, parts bin upgrade much like the last Mach 1 using a slightly revised version of the previous years Cobra DOHC motor. There are some valid points here thought that would add more cost to that approach than a small, niche market package could bear though. It would be even cheaper to use the existing Bullitt motor and apply a generous coat of marketing on it so I'm afraid I won't get my hopes up.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
There's also this rendering floating around online what the 2021 Mustang could look like.?. I'm sure the Mach 1 would get
Screenshot_20200127-145531~2.png
its own specific grill and badge.
I'd prefer the fogs to move back into the grill.

Sponsored

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
This could also be nothing more than a powertrain mule for who knows what model. The off-the-shelf appearance parts could be there just to stir the pot.
You are 100% correct, it is a powertrain mule. I know a little...:wink:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You are 100% correct, it is a powertrain mule. I know a little...:wink:
Well, hopefully a powertrain mule for the Mach 1 :fingerscrossed: (c'mon, spill what little you know:bandit:)

If it's NOT a Mach 1, then it would still have to be a special edition based off the GT. That rear fascia and huge exhaust tips are not stock GT......and I'd be surprised if they were to become stock GT items for the '21MY.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Uhm... how exactly are they putting gas in this mule? The fuel door seems to be missing...

That’s what I said too... it’s not outlined in the camo where it would normally be located - even when blowing up the images much larger...

it’s probably going to be the GT PP3.

I don’t know how anyone can say “hey, that’s the MACH 1, because the photographer said it has V8 noise”.... LOL....
Sponsored