Sponsored

2021 kills off the PP2 Pack as well now.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
That said the story that the 2003 mach1 engine wasn't the rejected early 2002/2003 engine and was designed for the mach1 all along still never added up to me. I always kind of felt like the engine was already mostly designed and just found itself as a thing that Ford could drop into the Mach1 and Marauder recoupe production costs. Otherwise it would have only been used in the Lincoln SUV's. I'm now wondering if in 2003 the Mach1 was planned to be little more than just a BULLITT with a tweaked intake tube for the shaker, maybe just 5-10 more HP but the extra engine just fell into their laps so they used it. With no engine falling in their laps this time they just used the Bullitt engine. (Which as I've said before its always felt to me like the GT350 wasn't supposed to be going on so long and was supposed to be replaced by a BOSS until the Mach1/E marketing fuck up and a possible GT500 delay happened.)
From one of the development engineers I interviewed for my first Mustang book (Engineer + Enthusiast = Excitement: Building the 2001 Bullitt and 2003-04 Mach 1 Mustangs) -

Ford leveraged the update happening to the DOHC 4.6L V8 across the Mustang, Maurader, and Aviator - that was a deliberate choice. What's unique to the Mach, of course, is the shaker scoop induction. The Mach 1 program specs were to have noticeable power difference different than the Bullitt of the time. The development team was planning to leverage the non-supercharged Cobra engine because the Terminator supercharged engine was going to replace it, independent of the other updates.

It was good timing that the engine update across lines was going on then.

In other words, the stars aligned :)
Sponsored

Stardog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2016 Focus ST, 2004 F250 CCSB Powerstroke
You own a 65'?! And you don't think it's special?
LOL. I do not. But it is the same formula, give or take a thousand pounds. 2 door car, cheap ($32k brand new and I probably overpaid), throw in a V8 and a stick and ride it. It was the same price as a well optioned Accord. Fun, reliable, affordable, yes. Special...not so much. Just a car. I have no delusions about being the coolest kid on the block. In a few years it will be just another cheap used car like the '95 GT I bought in '07 with 27,000 mi on it for $5k.

Reactions: kz
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
LOL. I do not. But it is the same formula, give or take a thousand pounds. 2 door car, cheap ($32k brand new and I probably overpaid), throw in a V8 and a stick and ride it. It was the same price as a well optioned Accord. Fun, reliable, affordable, yes. Special...not so much. Just a car. I have no delusions about being the coolest kid on the block. In a few years it will be just another cheap used car like the '95 GT I bought an '07 with 27,000 mi on it for $5k.
LOL love this, someone who looks at car ownership realistically. People invest way to much emotionally into what is technically classified as a appliance. No different then your refrigerator or washing machine. If you dont believe me google is a car an appliance LOL
Screenshot_7.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
LOL. I do not. But it is the same formula, give or take a thousand pounds. 2 door car, cheap ($32k brand new and I probably overpaid), throw in a V8 and a stick and ride it. It was the same price as a well optioned Accord. Fun, reliable, affordable, yes. Special...not so much. Just a car. I have no delusions about being the coolest kid on the block. In a few years it will be just another cheap used car like the '95 GT I bought in '07 with 27,000 mi on it for $5k.
This. Most of these will be just another used Mustang (note how many of them have sold) that high school kids will purchase when they want to be cool. This package or that package or K-code, no one will care about it.
And in 50 years (speaking of k-code - since someone above accused of not being familiar with those or Foxes - lol), everyone (not we - most of us will depart by then - lol) will be driving electric cars and ICE cars will be extinct.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My '15 is Marti-documented as 1 of 1 as factory equipped. It's low mile and will stay that way as long as I have it. But I'm pretty certain that this would mean something to only a very small group and probably wouldn't make it significantly more valuable today, and definitely doesn't mean squat if I were to trade it in tomorrow.

It's all relative...

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It was failed attempt at matching 1/LE - trying to fix platform / suspensions deficiency by using SC2s (which are widely available and quite a few cars come with them).
People will always see value and feel their car is special, future will show if that was true.

Limited Edition 2015s were supposed to "collector" items and there were 1964 made, don't think they ever lived up to that status. My thought is that on secondary market, no one will really care about PP2 - their performance can be easily matched and exceeded by widely available suspensions mods that are must do for anyone thinking about seriously tracking that car.
If someone wants to buy something special, they way more likely will go for GT350s - which I also doubt will have some special status. Ton of them has been made. GT350Rs will be a different story. My speculation though and nothing more than that. Time will tell, I'd suggest everyone enjoys their cars that think / worry about value.

(ducking and running from angry PP2 guys that will show up here in large numbers and create a flame because I insulted their now rare car ;-) )

Odd thing is, 5 years down the road, and Ford still can't offer a SS1 1LE competitor. Haven't run the numbers (because all the final Mach 1 info is not in), but I suspect the Mach 1 will be too pricy to even be a good SS2 1LE competitor, even excluding the ADM.

Reactions: kz

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I am curious in PP2 production numbers. Maybe someone will chime in with what they are eventually.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My '15 is Marti-documented as 1 of 1 as factory equipped. It's low mile and will stay that way as long as I have it. But I'm pretty certain that this would mean something to only a very small group and probably wouldn't make it significantly more valuable today, and definitely doesn't mean squat if I were to trade it in tomorrow.

It's all relative...
I've had plenty of people asking to buy my car at what I paid. I pass on every single one for several reasons. Love the colour (rarer than hen's teeth around here) & front end, it's a 300A car, good ratio MT82, and it's light. I'll keep it forever. Moreover, hypothetically I wouldn't trade it in on something newer as I would get a much better price selling it privately, which I won't haha.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible

It's all relative...
Simply being 1 of 1 doesn't always make it desirable. It could be only 1 of 1 because few, if any, thought it was desirable back when new.

While not applicable to you, I saw a Mustang in Playboy Pink with the Lime Green interior. The owner wanted BIG bucks because it was 1 of 1, and therefore really rare. It is only 1 of 1 for a very good reason.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Simply being 1 of 1 doesn't always make it desirable. It could be only 1 of 1 because few, if any, thought it was desirable back when new.

While not applicable to you, I saw a Mustang in Playboy Pink with the Lime Green interior. The owner wanted BIG bucks because it was 1 of 1, and therefore really rare. It is only 1 of 1 for a very good reason.
And that was precisely my point, essentially.

In my case, the one item that makes it 1-of-1 was standard because of where I live, and I didn't opt for it. Otherwise it was 1 of 69 in the options that mattered to me. Still, that rarity matters little either in a value sense.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

One guys vision of a one of one vs a factory one of one is a different ball game altogether.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

Yeah I buy and sell a lot on ebay and other online auctions and lots of people equate rare to valuable. This is not the case something could be rare to find because it basically sucked when new and no one wanted it. Rare does not always mean valuable. Same goes for old, not everything old is an antique, sometimes crap is just old and should be trashed. But people have a hard time separating the two.

Like the new lime green color. I am glad some like it and I am not putting their choices down. But there is a reason its a limited color and thats because 99% of the public does not want it and if they made more then 6 of them they would just sit on lots. Rare...yes.. long term valuable... probably not.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't know why this is still being argued. It's rare and valuable to someone willing to purchase it. That's it. Like Papa John buying back his original car he sold when he was younger.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I mean my Q50 RedSport was a 1 of 1.. it was the ONLY Q50 in the Philadelphia Auto show on display. Thats why I got is so cheap that while having EVERY option (including ones later pulled for hard to get/shortage on pieces) I got it for less than if it had 0 options. Over 15k off.