Sponsored

2021 kills off the PP2 Pack as well now.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
whoa I was away a day and 4 pages LOL.

so couple of things i read. Rare? just because something is not made many of dose snot make it Rare in the sense as in valuable. It just means there aren't many. we have many many big car meets here and lots of mustangs and I can tell you in my area anyway no one bought the pp2 we have more gt350s and now gt500s then we have people with pp2 . Matter of fact we only have one guy. So I really dont think they will be rare in the sense that they will go up in value. People just didn't want them. Not worth the cost. and is most likely why they are not gonna be made.

plus that makes 3 manual cars they have now dropped... gt350, Bullitt and the pp2. and people dont think the manual is doomed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It's not the manual that's doomed, it's the car. After 2021, the Mustang will be the last car in Ford's lineup. Most of the marketing for even the Mustang will be focused on a crossover.
Now mik you quoting my other thread LOL. I have said the same. I just meant the manual in general is doomed. And with the crossovers not only do I think the Mustang as we know it is doomed the manual is also as those electric only cars dont even need a transmission.

I actualy had mustang day with my buddy yesterday we get together and talk mustangs all day and go around look at lots and show rooms. We feel the s650 we will see styling ques from the mach-e in it. Then come the refreshes we will see more of the mach-e blended in until the two just become one and and the old classic car fads away. But thats a topic for another thread :)

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
My thought is that on secondary market, no one will really care about PP2 - their performance can be easily matched and exceeded by widely available suspensions mods that are must do for anyone thinking about seriously tracking that car.

Time will tell, I'd suggest everyone enjoys their cars that think / worry about value.
Completely agree that worrying about future value is silly. My investment money is in a 401k.

That said, and I can only assume you are talking about the collector market given the context, historically collectors place a premium on factory optioned cars. If the s550 ever did become collectable, a factory optioned PP2 would have an intrinsically higher value than a modded GT.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I highly doubt it honestly. It's basically GT with springs, bars and wider wheels with SC2s which in a few years will be either gone or old enough to be pitched. It's an add on package, not a "version" like Bull it's, Mach's, GT350s and so on. One can claim that pony package, CS or 50 years appearance package also made their cars special... On a second hand market, people just buy Mustang, especially later on. Again, speculation, time will tell.

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I highly doubt it honestly. It's basically GT with springs, bars and wider wheels with SC2s which in a few years will be either gone or old enough to be pitched. It's an add on package, not a "version" like Bull it's, Mach's, GT350s and so on. One can claim that pony package, CS or 50 years appearance package also made their cars special... On a second hand market, people just buy Mustang, especially later on. Again, speculation, time will tell.
itll be a car uncle doug reviews in 15 years and say what were they thinking HAHA. Cant wait for the strange quirks and features of the pp2.

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you aren't familiar with what makes collectable cars valuable. The GT package and hi-po engine were just options on a checklist in 1965, yet those options can double or triple the value of a 1965 mustang today. Is a factory K code GT worth as much as a 'special edition' factory GT350? No, but it's worth significant more than a GT350/GT tribute/replica.

And since we are talking about cars no one ever expected to achieve collector status, back in the 90s, did anyone expect fox mustangs would be selling for double their MSRP ~30 years later?!?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
did anyone expect fox mustangs would be selling for double their MSRP ~30 years later?!?
yeah but those are mint condition unmodded all original under 1000 mile prime vacuum sealed fox body mustangs not your average everyday used ones. the examples most people use to show value of their cars are not realistic. Yeah there are some high dollar ones out there but they represent less then 0.01 percent of the ones on the market. You are talking mint condition ones that basically left the show room and were stored untouched and only got into with a hazmat suit on for 30 plus years.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Fox cars are just too pricey these day, a decent foxbody will cost what an 11-14 costs.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
yeah but those are mint condition unmodded all original under 1000 mile prime vacuum sealed fox body mustangs not your average everyday used ones. the examples most people use to show value of their cars are not realistic. Yeah there are some high dollar ones out there but they represent less then 0.01 percent of the ones on the market. You are talking mint condition ones that basically left the show room and were stored untouched and only got into with a hazmat suit on for 30 plus years.
No different than '65 mustangs. Untouched mint original cars are unobtainium, and it trickles down from there.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
There is more to the PP2 than performance. The PP2 Mustangs just look cool. There is a lot to be said about cool looking cars. By the way , the Mustang will not be the lone car Ford sells in the future. Ford CEO is talking about building cars people can afford in the future.

Sponsored

Stardog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2016 Focus ST, 2004 F250 CCSB Powerstroke
People will always see value and feel their car is special, future will show if that was true.
Not everyone. My GT is just a secretary's car with a V8. I sure like it but even to me it isn't special.
If someone wants to buy something special, they way more likely will go for GT350s - which I also doubt will have some special status. Ton of them has been made. GT350Rs will be a different story. My speculation though and nothing more than that.
I actually think that the GT350 might be a very desirable car in the future. Look at the last of the stick manual transmission Ferraris. Their values are skyrocketing. The 350 might well be the last of the great manual transmission Mustangs and in 15 years when someone wants to pull gears it might be worth decent coin. We shall see.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
There is more to the PP2 than performance. The PP2 Mustangs just look cool. There is a lot to be said about cool looking cars. By the way , the Mustang will not be the lone car Ford sells in the future. Ford CEO is talking about building cars people can afford in the future.
LOL yeah.... where I live we have a affordable houseng law when people build large apartment buildings theyhave to set aside so many units to affordable houseing. They are typically 500 sq foot open floor plan boxes that cost 1300 a month. Thats the corprate worlds idea of affordable. we will get the ford yugo and it will be 10 year loan at 400 a month.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Fox cars are just too pricey these day, a decent foxbody will cost what an 11-14 costs.
Not sure where everyone lives but around here you can pick up fox body mustangs all day for 6 to 10k not sure about this 3 times retail stuff. Yall be talking collector auctions or something. or maybe SoCal. but hummm maybe I need to buy up what I see here and ship them elsewhere ... hummmm around these parts they are mostly trailer park cars or teens first beater mod cars.
Sponsored