Sponsored

2021 kills off the PP2 Pack as well now.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I know it will a surprise too many but they should try buying Kia Telluride at or below sticker... (not sure about this exact moment in time, but not long ago they were flying off the lots and some dealers priced above MSRP. So you're 100% right.
He’s only right should Trump win Nov 3rd. If he doesn’t dealers will be giving away cars.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
~ 3500 R’s will be produced over the total 6 years of production... I will have to search to look at the non-R numbers, but I would say <15k is probably likely.
Don’t know where you’re getting that number for the 350. The gt350 had approxirately 23,000 for the R and Non R not counting the 2020 production cycle. Matter of fact they never sold less than 3500 a year since 2016. Some years being over 7000. The cars not rare. It’s beautiful but rare it’s not.

https://mustangfanclub.com/shelby-gt350-gt350r-production-numbers/

Last edited:

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Ford dealer not looking to take advantage of a new limited edition Mustang. You honestly think there won’t be?

Ford has made it very clear that the Mach 1 will be a “limited edition” model. Production numbers have not yet been released. What leads you to believe that they will be readily available?
Ford will make as many as are ordered. It’s not limited to a number it’s limited by order. Ford wants to make money off the Mach 1.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Limited... My dad had a Black Limited in 1965. They called it an LTD.
So the new MACh1 should be referred to as a MACh1 LTD

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
about 23,000 total gt350s made including the R and Non R since 2015. Not a hard number to find. Not as rare as some think.

https://mustangfanclub.com/shelby-gt350-gt350r-production-numbers/
To be specific, about 3541 R’s to date, from what I can gather from @corrieb spreadsheet + prior year production numbers.

As for non-R’s, using the above link, there were 18,450 produced prior to MY2020.

The final tally will likely be around 25k units, and I apologize for putting a 1 in place of a 2 in my prior post, and will fix that, but considering a 6-year run that’s pretty limited.

When you factor in the FPC, I’d say that’s ~25k Mustangs of a rare breed that Ford has NEVER made before, making it highly much more exclusive.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I just wanna point out the irony that when the Bullitt was announced I said repeatedly I don't get why you had to pick the Bullitt or PP2 and why they couldn't be, and SHOULD have been merged, or the PP2 should have been a BULLITT option.

Now it's quite clear why it wasn't. A Bullittt + PP2 would have mean the ONLY improvement the Mach1 would have was a minorly better tranny and some coolers. They would have had to invest money in an improved engine and I guess Ford saw an NA 5.2 not worth the investment even with how much of the GT500 5.2 and GT350 5.2 could have been reused.

That said the story that the 2003 mach1 engine wasn't the rejected early 2002/2003 engine and was designed for the mach1 all along still never added up to me. I always kind of felt like the engine was already mostly designed and just found itself as a thing that Ford could drop into the Mach1 and Marauder recoupe production costs. Otherwise it would have only been used in the Lincoln SUV's. I'm now wondering if in 2003 the Mach1 was planned to be little more than just a BULLITT with a tweaked intake tube for the shaker, maybe just 5-10 more HP but the extra engine just fell into their laps so they used it. With no engine falling in their laps this time they just used the Bullitt engine. (Which as I've said before its always felt to me like the GT350 wasn't supposed to be going on so long and was supposed to be replaced by a BOSS until the Mach1/E marketing fuck up and a possible GT500 delay happened.)

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
A Ford dealer not looking to take advantage of a new limited edition Mustang. You honestly think there won’t be?

Ford has made it very clear that the Mach 1 will be a “limited edition” model. Production numbers have not yet been released. What leads you to believe that they will be readily available?
Limited to just 2 years and 1000000K cars is still limited. I suspect they will be like the GT350 and Bullitt... sitting around on lots after the first 1-2 years of production with large discounts.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Limited to just 2 years and 1000000K cars is still limited. I suspect they will be like the GT350 and Bullitt... sitting around on lots after the first 1-2 years of production with large discounts.
Yes. My friend got a 2019 right when the 2020 models came out off the lot fully loaded GT350 for $7k off and another dealer had a fully loaded R for $5k off. Awesome car but valuable or limited? At the moment at least. No.

Last edited:

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
(Which as I've said before its always felt to me like the GT350 wasn't supposed to be going on so long and was supposed to be replaced by a BOSS until the Mach1/E marketing fuck up and a possible GT500 delay happened.)
Yup I’ve thought the same thing. Not so much in terms of the 350 but in terms of the Boss (I think Ford was probably going to retire the 350 after the 500 came out the development just took them longer than expected to get the 500 out). I remember Ford teasing the boss on their website back when the 18’s came out. They had a car in the background with what looked like the boss decals on it. I think the reason they went mach 1 was to help the mach e sell. They’re probably gonna take the mach 1 to every show and let people see how cool it is in the hopes that those who can’t have a normal mach 1 fit into their lifestyle will instead go for the next “best” thing which would be the mach e.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
The only s550 which I think will actually have some value in the future is the limited edition model that came out in 2015 because that car was actually limited and numbered. Right now they’re not showing their value but down the line in 40-50 years it should be pretty valuable with only 1964 models made. Just the unique oem quarter windows will probably be pretty expensive to get.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yup I’ve thought the same thing. Not so much in terms of the 350 but in terms of the Boss (I think Ford was probably going to retire the 350 after the 500 came out the development just took them longer than expected to get the 500 out). I remember Ford teasing the boss on their website back when the 18’s came out. They had a car in the background with what looked like the boss decals on it. I think the reason they went mach 1 was to help the mach e sell. They’re probably gonna take the mach 1 to every show and let people see how cool it is in the hopes that those who can’t have a normal mach 1 fit into their lifestyle will instead go for the next “best” thing which would be the mach e.
There was also a statement by one of the handling team that mentioned Ford wanted them to make a suspension worthy of a BOSS car, which turned into the PPL2 package. I feel like between the MACH-E naming fiasco, possibly a GT500 delay, wanting to recoupe more GT350 development costs and again, possibly, the original Bullitt being found their plans got REALLY messed up and instead of just renaming the MACH1 to MACH-E and releasing a BOSS in 2021 they instead made some VERY dumb marketing/scheduling moves. If they had never made the PPL2, and only had the Bullitt people wouldn't have had to decide between them, and the 2021 BOSS would have a clearly better handling kit instead of it looking like they just literally made a parts bin car from the Bullitt, PPL2 and GT350.

I still don't get why they just don't make Bullitt packages just a green paint/stitching/shift knob/wheels on top of Performance Pack. Then you can get it on EcoBoost, GT, or even option the shifter/stitching/paint on a Shelby. No need to decide, and Bullitt fans that can't afford a V8, can still get a color they love in a model they can afford. If a person can afford a Shelby but REALLY love the green, let them have a DHG GT350 or 500.

Not gonna lie, the sensible side of me easily would have "settled" for a DHG EcoBoost with performance packge. The part of me that wanted to order his first Mustang would have gotten a stripped GT + PPL2 + DHG. Or the fact that really money want an issue, i just like being sensible, if I came across a used/left over GT350 in DHG I'd have gotten that on impulse and said "screw being sensible.

I'd have been JUST as happy with all 3 as I LOVE dark green, and the way the car looks. Rumble aside I'd likely have just as much fun in an EB version as I would in a GT350 version. I don't track as often as I used to.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase