Sponsored

2021 kills off the PP2 Pack as well now.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
There's not much difference in the PP2 and Mach1.
Except price and the stupid dealer markups to follow.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nice the value of my car just went up :clap:
Good for you. Do we know how many PP2 were produced. I wonder if the numbers were really significant enough. If they weren’t I can understand Ford killing it. I also wonder if there is any upcoming issue on availability of the Cup 2 tires we do not know about yet.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I think the pp2 was a better platform to build off of than a mach 1. A base pp2 would’ve been a lot cheaper. Shame they got rid of it, but I guess the pp2 would pose a threat to mach 1 sales as they are both GT based models with an emphasis on tracking.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you. Do we know how many PP2 were produced. I wonder if the numbers were really significant enough. If they weren’t I can understand Ford killing it. I also wonder if there is any upcoming issue on availability of the Cup 2 tires we do not know about yet.
85.gif

Should I care what the numbers are ? Judging form my experience ordering, and the time it took to take delivery of. I said ordering built for me, not chasing dealer inventories to find. PP2 is top tier of the GT Premium line, could be said one rung on a ladder below the 350.

Cup 2 tires you're a smart guy you really think Cup 2 tires were made specifically for the PP2 or any other Mustang ?

Truth be known I do not give a rats behind if the value goes up or falls flat on its ass.

"Good for you" LMAO exactly what was expected. Like shooting fish in a barrel .

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
PP2 was weird in my view...not a dedicated track car that came with track car tires...?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
PP2 was weird in my view...not a dedicated track car that came with track car tires...?
It was failed attempt at matching 1/LE - trying to fix platform / suspensions deficiency by using SC2s (which are widely available and quite a few cars come with them).
People will always see value and feel their car is special, future will show if that was true.

Limited Edition 2015s were supposed to "collector" items and there were 1964 made, don't think they ever lived up to that status. My thought is that on secondary market, no one will really care about PP2 - their performance can be easily matched and exceeded by widely available suspensions mods that are must do for anyone thinking about seriously tracking that car.
If someone wants to buy something special, they way more likely will go for GT350s - which I also doubt will have some special status. Ton of them has been made. GT350Rs will be a different story. My speculation though and nothing more than that. Time will tell, I'd suggest everyone enjoys their cars that think / worry about value.

(ducking and running from angry PP2 guys that will show up here in large numbers and create a flame because I insulted their now rare car ;-) )
Sponsored