Sponsored

2021+ GT500R (KR) ?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Steve,

Anytime shelby does something like this, it has a full warranty. The only problem with the warranty is that it is a shelby American warranty. The click bait kid from youtube had an issue with his and had to ship it to Las Vegas to get it fixed.

There are people who have to max and trick everything out. For what I'm goimg to do, it is not worth 30k and having to transport it to Vegas if there is a problem. Besides, a lot of work went into the CFTP to make it what it is. Other than some lightening mods, I don't think I'd mess with it. Doing so carries way too much baggage. I can see in your world wanting to do that, but a road course car wouldn't benefit to have a 1100 HP circus side show.
I agree, but you and I are also on opposite ends of the spectrum, im a straight line guy and care 0 about warranty, your a track guy that wants ( i assume) warranty.
So for cftp owners, this doesn't sound like a deal, but for base owners that do want more power and a warranty, this eliminates a lot of the debates we had early on, about going to a dealer etc.
Is there a large profit margin in ther? Sure, but that seems to be the case with any longer lasting name in the modified business, especially those that cater to the turnkey and nostalgia crowd.

Would.i do it, of course not, do i think cftp track user should do.it? Nope.

However, i would like.to see base SE vs CFTP on a roadcourse, because it appears to bring the base up to cftp specs, plus some more hp and cooling.

For HPDE track use, I doubt it was pulling timing. I checked my video’s and on the long straight, I was at full throttle for about 10 seconds and the front straight for about 8 seconds. The rest was low throttle use over ~2:45 lap times. From the first lap to the last, the power felt the exactly same.
During the first two sessions, I used 93 pump gas. Next two sessions: 103 race gas. Felt exactly the same all day long.
Like Tom said, for tracking a car, 90+% of the time you are at low throttle, and if the car’s heat dissipation capabilities can dump those few seconds of full throttle, it shouldn’t be pulling timing.
It was 100* this day, and we ran ~7 laps per session (~25 minutes). If you are running a longer event, it might heat up more; or over in the Mid-East somewhere. But I wanted to point out that my temps surprised me at how low they were the whole time. Hat’s off to the Thermo Engineers.
BTW: This car has more power than you can use. Had to feather the throttle coming onto the straights to keep the rear planted. Flooring it was a rare event, and only on the two straights. Even on those straights, there is a slow corner at the end of each; dive bombing people from ~150+ is not a good idea. Found myself cruising the last portion of the straights on occasion so as to not scare those I was coming up on because I know they weren’t watching their mirrors at that point!
Not saying the cars isnt consistently fast, but it pulls timing, all cars do. its impossible to keep them running as fast as can be, for every lap. Does it suffer like GM cars, absolutely not. But there is always room for improvements on production cars.
Sponsored