Sponsored

2021+ GT500R (KR) ?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
The "diff overflow can" was the worst aftermarket piece I have ever seen. I bought one and couldn't believe my eyes. The worst "welds" I have ever witnessed and it was full of grit and dust from grinding. A friend from Canada bought one and had it shipped to my house. He unboxed it in front of me. Immediately upon raising it from the box, it rattled. There were two sizeable metal scraps left inside. We laughed, literally, and sent it back.
The one on my car was nicely built, but raw metal. I took it off and painted it to stop the rust.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They were low grade stainless. I think they were part of the prison fabricating arm Shelby had set yup.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
There's a source that I trust that is pretty much at ground zero that knows everybody in the game at Ford that hinted at what was going on during development. He mentioned Ford was either working on or had planned for an even higher performing GT500 but said that effort was ultimately shelved. However, this was well before the Wutang outbreak.
I talked to Jim O, Kash S and Carl from Ford this weekend at a private event with Shelby at Ford Nationals, all three said no plans right now to do an upgraded GT500. Iā€™m not saying I know anyone special or have a hook up inside Ford and that they are for sure not doing something special but I consider those three to be very reliable source and would not see why they would say that if they really had something more then on a whiteboard somewhere they would have given me the no comment that I have gotten before. Oh and BTW the GT350 heritage edition is one beautiful car.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to Jim O, Kash S and Carl from Ford this weekend at a private event with Shelby at Ford Nationals, all three said no plans right now to do an upgraded GT500.
Dunk812 said:
...they are for sure not doing something special
No disrespect but to go from "no plans right now" to "they are for sure not doing something special" is a bit of a leap. For one, Ford makes it clear that they don't comment on future product plans. And if anyone has learned from that it is Mr Venom kills Demons himself. Not saying you didn't talk to anyone of have a nice conversation. Remember when they talked about producing a Heritage GT350 a couple of years ago? Neither do I - because they didn't. And as much as Ford is distancing themselves from cars like the GT500, and based on current and past practice, I highly suspect you see something along the lines of the Heritage GT350 being done to the GT500 just prior to the S650. A KR version of the current GT500 in the mean time...I doubt it given the path their CEO has laid out.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No disrespect but to go from "no plans right now" to "they are for sure not doing something special" is a bit of a leap. For one, Ford makes it clear that they don't comment on future product plans. And if anyone has learned from that it is Mr (Venom kills Demons) bobble head himself. Not saying you didn't talk to anyone of have a nice conversation. Remember when they talked about producing a Heritage GT350 a couple of years ago? Neither do I - because they didn't. And as much as Ford is distancing themselves from cars like the GT500, and based on current and past practice, I highly suspect you see something along the lines of the Heritage GT350 being done to the GT500.
There, fixed it for you.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He does have a rather interesting "cadence" shall we say. But he seems to be as genuine as they come and a true Ford pony car enthusiast. And he knows the product extremely well. He is definitely a valuable link to the past as and if Ford loses him and replaces him with some bland-ass social media alphabet spokesperson, they will have lost something big. I'm glad he's there.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
No disrespect but to go from "no plans right now" to "they are for sure not doing something special" is a bit of a leap. For one, Ford makes it clear that they don't comment on future product plans. And if anyone has learned from that it is Mr Venom kills Demons himself. Not saying you didn't talk to anyone of have a nice conversation. Remember when they talked about producing a Heritage GT350 a couple of years ago? Neither do I - because they didn't. And as much as Ford is distancing themselves from cars like the GT500, and based on current and past practice, I highly suspect you see something along the lines of the Heritage GT350 being done to the GT500 just prior to the S650. A KR version of the current GT500 in the mean time...I doubt it given the path their CEO has laid out.
I used poor English I was trying to say that I canā€™t for sure say they are not working on something, but your right the way I typed it was confusing and not well said.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
He does have a rather interesting "cadence" shall we say. But he seems to be as genuine as they come and a true Ford pony car enthusiast. And he knows the product extremely well. He is definitely a valuable link to the past as and if Ford loses him and replaces him with some bland-ass social media alphabet spokesperson, they will have lost something big. I'm glad he's there.
Yes Tob, that is his job and that is what he is being paid to do.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Kash is a true car guy and if he does go onto fill in for Jim. He races and has raced cars for a long time. He started doing pike peak on his own and he admits he had a lot to learn he now does it every year with a crew and if I remember correctly he said that he was in the 9 minute range now doing it. He drives everywhere does not fly because he wants to use the cars he is working with. He drove a PP GT500 to Carlisle. Kash is not just a social media or media person he is a true car enthusiast. Donā€™t really know him only met him this weekend but in three days I liked him and thought Ford did a good job finding him.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes Tob, that is his job and that is what he is being paid to do.
Doesn't everybody get paid to do their job? The difference with Mr Owens is his knowledge, experience, and a clear passion. I may not agree with all of his decision making with respect to marketing the GT500 but I certainly respect the heart he puts into the effort. I believe people like him help to move things forward and if any car launch needed a push it was this one. There are miles of corporate red tape that do nothing but slow the process down but I'm convinced Jim gave a heck of a lot more effort than anybody else in a similar position at Ford. I'm thankful he's on our team.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't everybody get paid to do their job? The difference with Mr Owens is his knowledge, experience, and a clear passion. I may not agree with all of his decision making with respect to marketing the GT500 but I certainly respect the heart he puts into the effort. I believe people like him help to move things forward and if any car launch needed a push it was this one. There are miles of corporate red tape that do nothing but slow the process down but I'm convinced Jim gave a heck of a lot more effort than anybody else in a similar position at Ford. I'm thankful he's on our team.
I dont agree.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Corporate red tape needs people like Jim Owens to circumvent the system and to push things to fruition - throw a little BS here and there and some marketing feedback and voices from the right people it often take that to refute the bean counters and nay sayers (often legal and sometimes mfg.) that its too..... (insert their perspective) risky, costly, off brand, hard to produce etc.

In the end Ford and Ford Performance have produced a car we all want and the world seems to respect (both GT350, GT500) what they've done. In a world of "sameness" they have given us a differentiated product albeit at a differentiated price but one that has the Mustang knocking on the door of some very nice exotics and X factor more costly rides. Late September or early October for my delivery and I can't wait!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tob, I get where you are coming from. Your situation in this industry requires you stay on good terms with these people. I get it. Ill PM with you tomorrow and lay it all out.

As far as I'm concerned I have bought my last FP product. There is a story that goes along with it and it does involve Mr Bobblehead

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be clear and to reiterate - I don't agree with every decision he has made but at this point I believe him to motivated to make things happen. If he's made moves to the contrary I'd be certainly interested in learning the motivation. I'm sure he's faced with situations where the remedy may not be favorable to all and to date I think he's been reasonably fair and helpful when he could be. That said - I was never a fan of the "Golden Ticket" scheme and I'd love to have a lengthy discussion with those responsible for it's creation and implementation.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
To be clear and to reiterate - I don't agree with every decision he has made but at this point I believe him to motivated to make things happen. If he's made moves to the contrary I'd be certainly interested in learning the motivation. I'm sure he's faced with situations where the remedy may not be favorable to all and to date I think he's been reasonably fair and helpful when he could be. That said - I was never a fan of the "Golden Ticket" scheme and I'd love to have a lengthy discussion with those responsible for it's creation and implementation.
Again, I dont agree. We will chat tomorrow off the books.
Sponsored