Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Where are all these VINs going?!?
Please VIN gods - send me just one!!!
I ordered my 2020 on July 7, 2019 (the first day the order bank opened) and didn't get a VIN until Jan 13, 2020 and I am in CA.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
These are my 2020 production time frames:
-----------------------
Order Date: July 31, 2019

In Order Processing: August 16, 2019 - Received VIN

In Production: October 7, 2019 – Chassis L0125

Blend Date: October 14, 2019

Produced: October 21, 2019

Released to Body Company: December 9, 2019

Returned from Body Company: January 16, 2020

Released Awaiting Shipment: January 21, 2020

Received Awaiting Shipment: N/A

In Transit: January 23, 2020

Arrived (Seattle, WA): February 4, 2020

Delivered: February 5, 2020 - Last Delivered of 1st Group
------------------------

I believe the primary delay was the time between "Produced" and "Released to Body Company" (Penske). It looks like there was a delay sending it to Penske and then it sat there over the winter break awaiting the OTT Painted Stripe. I also believe the bottle-neck was due to Penske Facility efficiency as my "Estimated Delivery Date" was posted as November 13, 2019 during production. Keep in mind this was an relatively early produced Chassis Number.

My current 2021 time frames are as follows:
-------------------------
Order Date: January 7, 2021

In Order Processing: January 12, 2021 - Received VIN

Scheduled for Production: Scheduled to Week (Week-of Mar-01-2021)

I am confident that the 2021 cars will be produced and delivered much more efficiently, especially since production will start later in the cycle and after the winter break. Also, I understand that efficiency and QC issues have been addressed with Penske.

I hope not to repeat my stressful 2020 experience, but I did find that it developed even more appreciation for the car when I finally received it! :clap:

LightEndTunnel.png

IMG_5647.JPG

Good luck!!!

RR

Last edited:

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
My current 2021 time frames are as follows:
Order Date: January 7, 2021

In Order Processing: January 12, 2021 - Received VIN

Scheduled for Production: Scheduled to Week (Week-of Mar-01-2021)
I ordered Jan 7, 2021

Just found out today I moved from “unscheduled - material hold” to “unscheduled - clean” and that alone makes me happy.

Great looking car you have - what’s the 2021 for - the other foot?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I ordered Jan 7, 2021

Just found out today I moved from “unscheduled - material hold” to “unscheduled - clean” and that alone makes me happy.

Unscheduled clean is supposed to mean that your VIN is imminent. What it meant for me was that I wasn't getting my car as Ford promised and that I would have to wait another 8 months for my VIN.

I hope you are more fortunate that I was.

Sponsored

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
Spoke to me dealer about my order which hasn’t been accepted . Still uneasy they haven’t gotten a CFTP allocation,....ever.

I been calling around to other local dealers and have been having a difficult time getting the sales managers on the phone. None have returned my call asking about available allocations Remarkable. Wisdom is accepted.

Sparky75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2012 F350, 2020 EXPLORER ST
Spoke to me dealer about my order which hasn’t been accepted . Still uneasy they haven’t gotten a CFTP allocation,....ever.

I been calling around to other local dealers and have been having a difficult time getting the sales managers on the phone. None have returned my call asking about available allocations Remarkable. Wisdom is accepted.
It's amazing that some of these dealers can remain in business with the terrible service, or lack of any service that they give. I inquired about an allocation for a 2021 GT500 from a dealer that I had bought 2 new vehicles from in the past year and couldn't even get a return phone call.

On the flipside I called a dealer that I had bought a new truck from in 2011, we had since moved and his location wasn't as convenient, and chatted on the phone like old friends. Nothing cheesy just 2 guys catching up. He was asking questions about how my business was doing and how my wife is doing. All this after 9 years. He guaranteed me his one and only 2021 allocation and has kept up with me as far as any updates. Car is ordered. I have a vin# and it is scheduled for the first week in March. He has all of my future business.

The only advice I have is to check on past business relationships and see if you can find some decent service. I feel your pain. Nothing like wanting to spend close to 100k with someone and you can't get the time of day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
I ordered Jan 7, 2021

Unscheduled-Clean usually means your order has been successfully submitted with no impacting commodity restrictions and is waiting to be scheduled. Orders will then be scheduled (indicated as “Submitted to Plant”) upon request from the Regional Manager. Available allocation slots are requested from dealerships on a week-to-week basis with floor stock coming last. Scheduled orders receive a VIN and a build week.

This is why it is important to receive a VOC/DORA to confirm the order is yours. Otherwise, deposits have been known to be taken from multiple buyers eventually going to the highest ADM when received. Dealerships have even been known to take deposits when they have not registered and have no actual allocation. Yes, this is strongly frowned upon by the manufacturer and other peer dealerships who work very hard to develop customer trust and brand loyalty.

Odd days of the week. :wink:

Good Luck!

RR

Last edited:

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
Hello all,

I have been watching this thread many of the others related to the GT500 buying and ordering process. I really appreciate all the advice and information here. It really helped me. Since seeing my neighbor’s 1979 Pace Car, I knew I always would get a Mustang. After many practical Ford truck and SUV purchases, I decided to go for a GT500. I tried for many months to find a 2020 at close to sticker. No luck (big surprise, right). In January I found a dealer willing to order me a 2021 at MSRP. Today they sent me the VIN and I’m scheduled for March 29 production. Can’t wait to post a picture, hopefully by summer. Your advice has been awesome. Rapid Red, Tech Pack, CF interior. Thanks all!

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I know 2020 was a messed up production year, so hard to base off last year's time frames.... but is there a rough estimate from the "scheduled" build date to actually receiving the car. Assuming no hiccups in the process. I have a base model, no stripes, black roof, CF dash, comfy seats scheduled for April 5th. Assuming may-june delivery? Or will it be longer?

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I know 2020 was a messed up production year, so hard to base off last year's time frames.... but is there a rough estimate from the "scheduled" build date to actually receiving the car. Assuming no hiccups in the process. I have a base model, no stripes, black roof, CF dash, comfy seats scheduled for April 5th. Assuming may-june delivery? Or will it be longer?
Your car will be produced during the week of April 5th. It is hard to say how long it will take to get from the plant to the dealer. Since none of the 2021 GT500's have gone into production, we have no way of telling how long it takes to get released for shipping and getting put on a trailer or loaded into a railcar. So until we see some cars getting shipped out, we are just guessing.

I am hoping that things return to normal, shipping and weather, by the time the cars start getting built.

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Depends mostly on two factors:
1. How long from Produced to Shipped at the plant: Which depends on many factors, to include waiting for a full rail car going your way.
2. Distance from FRAP to your dealer. If close by, maybe a day or so on a truck. If to the Midwest, about 2 weeks by rail. West coast about 3 weeks by rail. Mine took ~10 days by rail to Dallas area.
So you might take delivery in April; more likely in early May.
Of course, there are many other things that happen along the way. Some of ours were stuck in a rail yard for a month...

MattJ716

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2019 Explorer
How's it going everyone.. joined up just to let everyone know that a local dealer near me, Buffalo NY, has an allocation for a CFTP 2021... still in the pre-build phase so an order can be placed exactly how you want it.

There is ADM on it, not entirely sure how much but it's more than $5k as it is a CFTP.

Not sure if anyone is near the WNY area but just figured I'd put it out there!

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Well, Good news. I have a build week of March 29th. After placing my order on Jan. 27th and following up on Feb. 6th. the dealer said my order was at the first stage, "unsceduled material hold". So, I decided I wouldn't bug them for a month and the GM and my salesman "told" me they would keep me apprised of the order flow. So, I got tired of waiting and called them today and the GM told me the build date and I had him send me a snapshot of the VIN.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
How's it going everyone.. joined up just to let everyone know that a local dealer near me, Buffalo NY, has an allocation for a CFTP 2021... still in the pre-build phase so an order can be placed exactly how you want it.

There is ADM on it, not entirely sure how much but it's more than $5k as it is a CFTP.

Not sure if anyone is near the WNY area but just figured I'd put it out there!
Not far from me. Which dealer?
Sponsored