Sponsored

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
So, I have the one and only confirmed allocation from my small dealer here. Supposed to meet next Wednesday morning to place the order. So, not sure how many of the GT500s Ford is building, but let's say the build "allocation" gets filled up before I get to place my order on Wednesday, (even though the dealer has been allocated 1ea GT500). Does that mean, I would still get my order or would I be SOL??
BTW- Thank you all for posting that the order banks were open BC I Never heard from my dealer until I contacted them yesterday and told them about the open order banks for the GT500. Their excuse was that they have been so busy with the Bronco orders that they forgot to keep up with the GT500!!
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
So, I have the one and only confirmed allocation from my small dealer here. Supposed to meet next Wednesday morning to place the order. So, not sure how many of the GT500s Ford is building, but let's say the build "allocation" gets filled up before I get to place my order on Wednesday, (even though the dealer has been allocated 1ea GT500). Does that mean, I would still get my order or would I be SOL??
BTW- Thank you all for posting that the order banks were open BC I Never heard from my dealer until I contacted them yesterday and told them about the open order banks for the GT500. Their excuse was that they have been so busy with the Bronco orders that they forgot to keep up with the GT500!!
If your dealer is a part of the Shelby program, they have at least one car allocated to them. It means it will be built no matter what happens with the rest of the allocations.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
OK, I will ask them that. I know they got 1ea GT500 last year as an allocation.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If your dealer doesn't fail to use his allocation, sells it to another dealer, uses it to by a car for himself or sells it to another customer who out bid you, you should be fine.

Last edited:

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Well I guess if any of those scenarios happened, they would see me in court. Bc, when I gave them my deposit a month or so ago, I wrote up a little contract that they agreed to and signed that assured that I would get the allocation.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Well I guess if any of those scenarios happened, they would see me in court. Bc, when I gave them my deposit a month or so ago, I wrote up a little contract that they agreed to and signed that assured that I would get the allocation.
We all hope it works out for you. We really do.
But dealers didn't have their allocations last month. So he was getting your money into his bank account and hoping to sell you something if and when the Regional Sales Manager allows him to...
If you have time, you can read the 2020 version of this thread and find all kinds of shady stuff that happened. You are at the mercy of the dealer until you have a car in hand.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ok, guys thanks. I will make sure on Wednesday after I place the order, I walk out with the VOC, then in a day or 2 get the DORA, and then give my info to Snoopy49 and he can track my order for a VIN, while at the same time bugging my dealer for the VIN.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
One more question guys. Sorry to be a pest, but when I talked to my salesman to set up the appt. for Wednesday to place my order, I asked him what software they used. Expecting him to say either the Concepts or WBDO ( I think those were the ones mentioned on the forum). But his answer was, "I don't know, we just place the order directly with Ford". So, is he confused or should I be concerned. I plan on not walking out of the appointment until I have the VOC in hand as you guys have suggested. Thanks.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
One more question guys. Sorry to be a pest, but when I talked to my salesman to set up the appt. for Wednesday to place my order, I asked him what software they used. Expecting him to say either the Concepts or WBDO ( I think those were the ones mentioned on the forum). But his answer was, "I don't know, we just place the order directly with Ford". So, is he confused or should I be concerned. I plan on not walking out of the appointment until I have the VOC in hand as you guys have suggested. Thanks.
Lesson 1. Take what a salesman says with a grain of salt. Most of them don't know what they are talking about. My guy is better, any information he passed along came directly from the inventory manager.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
WBDO- Web-Based Dealer Ordering
Make sure they look under Mustang, the GT500 is listed as Specialty not GT500 at the bottom of the list.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
..I might add Ford to the the list. :cool:

Well said, Don.
Your salesman will work with the Sales Manager or Inventory Manager who will actually place the order in the system. Hopefully, you can watch the process live.
I did mine over the phone, and they sent me a VOC right after we hung up. They had the color of the cover wrong, so we corrected that right away. Received the DORA a day or so later.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate it guys. And "The Chairman", what does "HP" stand for after your listed vehicle 20 GT500?