Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
For those of you who have placed orders and are waiting on a VIN, send me a PM with the following information and I will let you know when I run across your VIN.
This information will not be posted on any website, it will be added to a special file on my personal computer.

Order Number:
Order Date:
Dealers Name:
City and State:
I LOVE YOU - sending message now!
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Question. My son has a 2017 ZL1 Camaro, he just bought used. It has something called a PDR (Performance Data Recorder) he was telling me about. Does the GT500 have anything like that as standard or would you have to order the track package to get something like that?
Nope. Wish it did as all the info is there.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Wish it did as all the info is there.
Agreed - but - Garmin has a new unit out - anyone looked at that - plug and play for PDR type data.

I liked the PDR in my C7... for track. However - one HUGE issue is the Cosworth Tookbox that encodes the data encrypts it - so - you can't use any of the oter track based software aside from the Cosworth Toolbox or the better Pi Toolbox - but there's so much else othere and nobody wants to crack the encryption to make it compatible...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
But at least it had a PDR and the data that you can pull using the Cosworth software is insane. Ford has nothing, zilch, nada. That ship has sailed and with corporate efforts geared up for electrification we certainly won't see it on any S550 chassis car. That is just plain sad.

ON EDIT...
Fishpick, you talking about this from Garmin?
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/690726

Last edited:
OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
For those of you who have placed orders and are waiting on a VIN, send me a PM with the following information and I will let you know when I run across your VIN.
This information will not be posted on any website, it will be added to a special file on my personal computer.

Thanks Snoopy!. :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500

Order Number:
Order Date:
Dealers Name:
City and State:

Thank you for the offer. Message sent.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ON EDIT...Fishpick, you talking about this from Garmin?
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/690726
Yup - that's the gadget I'll probably be adding to the GT500...

I liked the PDR - and yes - there's a ton of data in the stream... the Pi Toolbox (lite version) is exponentially better in terms of data harvesting and analysis... BUT - and this is the big one IMHO - there's nothing to compare the data TO unless you get otehr GOOD drivers to share their best lap data... whereas when I have done HPDE events with folks that have data harvesters with their video - they can share and use online platforms to compare to the best laps and see exactly how they are getting on the brakes too soon, trailing too long, turning in too late, whatever...

So - I agree that GM having one is marginally better than Ford opting to NOT have one - the actual utility unless you "know a guy" for mine vs theirs comparisons for improvement... marginal. Ergo why I'm kinda interested in the Garmin do dad... but I'm waiting to see some of the online sites that allow race data sharing to support that format :)

I guess the basis of my opinion for non-pro HPDE people looking to just get faster is this - for the most part - aside from replaying data and seeing gross errors - the real value of a data recorder is being able to compare your lap to better drivers to see where and how they are faster. Sure car / car differences will show in the data - but until you get "that good" - it's the comparison of your line to a fast line that yields the biggest improvements.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm interested in it as well.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I got the call yesterday. The dealership was notified by their Ford rep that my order is confirmed for March production! Super excited!
Have you received a VIN?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I got the call yesterday. The dealership was notified by their Ford rep that my order is confirmed for March production! Super excited!
My advice.... Take it one step at a time and don't get your hopes up. I got the same call for a november/december delivery. It showed up in August of the next year.

Hope for the best, and don't take anything anyone tells you as concrete.

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Tomster, I’m less worried about when it actually shows up, I just wanted to make sure the allocation was confirmed. I assume the next step is a vin being issued?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Tomster, I’m less worried about when it actually shows up, I just wanted to make sure the allocation was confirmed. I assume the next step is a vin being issued?
Until you have a VIN, you don't have a confirmed allocation (regardless of what "people" tell you).
Like Tom said, we've all been there....
To paraphrase an actor playing football star: "Show me the VIN!"

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Dealers small, medium and large are being issued VINs.

All the places that have received VINs as of 01/21/2021
AL, AR, AZ, CA, CAN, CT, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WDMO, WI, WV and WY.

Note: WDMO - Ford Worldwide Direct Market Operations

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Like Don said.... You know its real when you get a VIN. Thats when things are real and it will start falling into place.
Sponsored