Sparky75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2012 F350, 2020 EXPLORER ST
ATTENTION:

There have been 456 2021 GT500 VINs issued.
New member here. I've been spending a lot of time on here learning all I can about the 2020+ GT500. I was able to get the only allocation for a 2021 from my small town dealer back in July. I just got conformation that my order is in the system. Ordered velocity blue, black OTT stripes, handling package, technology package, carbon fiber dash and a black cover.
I just got a call from my dealer. I have a vin #. This is a whole new level of excitement! My dealer is less than 2 hrs from the plant so I should have the car late March or early April!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Darn, I love the term "Egad"! (Reminds me of Hrmph, Argh & Doh!).

Let's touch upon "frustration with FP in gaining any kind of public confirmation regarding being covered when you use a FP vehicle (such as the GT500) in 2020 for its advertised purpose".

The advertised purpose is driving legally - even in a safe spirited fashion, in a safe location, by a safe self-limiting driver. This should include an organized track event having minimum vehicle safety standards, on-site safety officials, courtesy/safety driving rules, and experience level groups. This is not high risk racing, but a safe opportunity to drive a performance vehicle within a safe environment having rules and oversight. Is this not your experience at a FP GT500 event? No passing on turns, hand signals, etc.

Anyone that has been involved with a major industry will fully recognize that formal warranty questions are always answered by paid lawyers. And the answers tend to be very conservative to protect the client from unreasonable non-factory modifications and/or non-mechanical driver error. Being self-limiting is the key and this is why Ford Performance offers a day of free driver training at the Ford Performance Racing School , which includes a certificate demonstrating a level of competence.

This is also why many of us pay $800 for insurance to attend a tracking event. Not for a factory mechanical issue, but to insure your investment from reasonable driver error - especially when tracking with others having variable experience. If you don't pay for "driver error" insurance or if you significantly modify your vehicle, you have now entered the realm of "racing" which means you are either sponsored, independently wealthy or just a plain economic risk taker. These people are in a different class than most people, including myself.

Which brings us back to "frustration with FP in gaining any kind of public confirmation regarding being covered". Ask the question in public, get the answer from the Attorney. The key is to establish a documented level of experience, know the difference between mechanical and driver error incidents, limit modifications to factory approved, and performance drive at recognized facilities. Anything else, including spirited street driving like we all tend to occasionally do, obviously opens the door to liability.

Definitely the most important thing one can do is to establish a positive customer relationship with all levels of FoMoCo, Dealerships and any Performance Partners. When reasonable, they all tend to be more than happy to warranty mechanical and cosmetic issues. Don't be the public complainer and then expect service from anyone.

Believe it or not, the entire industry is all about positive customer relationships and satisfaction. FoMoCo wants your loyalty. Jim Owens and Ford Performance has always treated me well. And my dealership will do just about anything to ensure customers are happy. I am not saying all Dealerships will go above and beyond like this, only that It is in their best interest to do so.

In other words, help them take care of you. And I believe all reasonable issues will be taken care of, no matter what the lawyer says. It is all about positive relationships!

That said, back to the original purpose of this thread. I am so excited about my 2021 order! Congratulations MikeMM, Sparky75 and everyone else who had to wait through the horrible past year to order your Shelby GT500! Don't forget to ask for a VOC and DORA to confirm your order. And post your VIN if so inclined!

BTW, I can always be reached at the job shanty at the local water sewage plant. :crackup:

RR

Last edited:

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
No VIN yet for me, mine say processing but it has my name attached to it. Hopefully I get a VIN soon, placed my order Tuesday morning.
Where do you go to see if you have a vin? My order was placed last Friday. Haven't heard anything yet.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you go to see if you have a vin? My order was placed last Friday. Haven't heard anything yet.
Ask your salesman to check, if memory serves, they are the only ones to have this information for you.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Ask your salesman to check, if memory serves, they are the only ones to have this information for you.
Gotcha! I actually just texted the owner of my dealership.. He is who placed my order. He will prob regret giving me his personal number! Lmao!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha! I actually just texted the owner of my dealership.. He is who placed my order. He will prob regret giving me his personal number! Lmao!
To this day I STILL text my salesman at least once a month. We became good friends. Hopefully you don't get the opposite. lol.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
To this day I STILL text my salesman at least once a month. We became good friends. Hopefully you don't get the opposite. lol.
Well everytime him and I get on the phone we are like 2 women gabbing and giggling for an hour strait! So I think we are on the same track as you and your salesman.... I hope.. but he is getting 80k+ of my money so I'd be giggling and laughing too if i were him!! Lol!

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
I placed my order late last Friday and the dealer submitted Tuesday. Went with: Twister Orange; Black painted roof and OTT stripes; tech package; handling package; carbon dash. I don’t have a DORA yet, but my sales person assured me I’ll have it within the week. I’m a bit worried, but trying to maintain my cool. Not too easy given how long I’ve planned and waited for this.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I placed my order late last Friday and the dealer submitted Tuesday. Went with: Twister Orange; Black painted roof and OTT stripes; tech package; handling package; carbon dash. I don’t have a DORA yet, but my sales person assured me I’ll have it within the week. I’m a bit worried, but trying to maintain my cool. Not too easy given how long I’ve planned and waited for this.
Do you have the VOC?

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
Do you have the VOC?
No, I don’t. The sales person had to place the order with the general manager. Apparently they needed to get the Ford local rep involved to get the order placed. So I’m a bit removed from the person who actually placed the order.

The dealership is not super large, but I take some comfort in that they have a 350R and a CFTP 500 on the floor.

The sales person seems like a great guy so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. I feel like it’s a bit risky, but I can’t seem to find any other dealers willing to work at MSRP.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Not tracking build progress for 2021’s huh... but ya just can’t keep out of the info gathering completely can ya?

this is awesome! Thanks @Snoopy49 !
Old habits die hard.

JPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
im looking for the greediest Ford in USA...the highest ADM on 2020 GT500...SoCal? NY?
Sponsored