Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Changed my order to rapid red, black vinyl OTT stripes, technology package, black car cover FTW! My salesman says their Ford rep is saying it will be built sooner rather than later. I’ll share more as soon as I have anything. Pumped about this car!
Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
You will not get a VIN until it is sent to the plant for build. My car is a Special order. Hoping for an exceptional chassis number as it is scheduled for the week of March 1.
Aren't any customer ordered cars "special orders" - as opposed to dealer ordered inventory? Or is your order more special for some reason?

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Aren't any customer ordered cars "special orders" - as opposed to dealer ordered inventory? Or is your order more special for some reason?
Yes, yes and yes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
ATTENTION:

There have been 456 2021 GT500 VINs issued.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
456 2021 VINs issued
For Mustangs or specifically GT500s? I know all Ford Performance Partners are eagerly awaiting more Mustang GTs and F150 Lariats for performance builds.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
For Mustangs or specifically GT500s? I know all Ford Performance Partners are eagerly awaiting more Mustang GTs and F150 Lariats for performance builds.
GT500s

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
"Ford Performance Partners"...what the hell is that?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Contractual Performance and Development Partners (i.e. Shelby American, Jack Roush, Steve Saleen, Tuscany Motors, etc.).

Why do you think Ford warranties an aftermarket Shelby Raptor, Harley Davidson F150 or Roush Stage 3 Mustang after it is sold? Where do Ford Performance Partners get preproduction vehicles for prototype development? Who partners in marketing and sales? How are vehicle names and advertising negotiated?

Trust me. These companies are business extensions of both Ford Performance and Ford Motor Company. Some even have relationships with GM. The reduced vehicle production of 2020 due to plant closures (such as the FRAP) created a significant hit throughout the industry by reducing peripheral performance production. If you haven't noticed, performance Dealerships currently have a lot of room on their lots.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, I've not heard of any "Ford Performance Partners" moniker in any official capacity - ever. As to Ford warrantying new vehicles when they are modified post-title (whether Shelby, Roush, etc) they don't warranty the parts that were changed and if those parts are at the core of a damage claim then those "untouched" factory parts are no longer covered. I'm not talking about a mod-friendly dealership that may help you out but rather Ford's official policy in black and white. I'm sorry but neither Roush nor Shelby are extensions of FP or FoMoCo when it comes to the factory warranty and responsibility in the event of damages. Ford Performance is separate from Ford just as FRPP was separate from Ford. Related? I'd say yeah, but they are keen to point out where responsibility may lay.

I agree that the performance spectrum has been beaten up. In the case of Ford and the Mustang, they (FP) are walking away from IC powered cars and spending monies elsewhere. They are in a race to electrify and much of the lack of action for us is due to just that.

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate your response, but we will have to agree to disagree for the most part.

The term Ford "Performance Partners" is regularly used throughout the industry by both Ford and Ford Recognized Performance Builders alike. Funny how I hear it used at events like SEMA, NADA, Barrett-Jackson and in meetings and e-mails with Ford Execs, sponsors and Performance Partners.

As for warranty, I have seen Ford replace an engine, transmission and exhaust in a Shelby SuperSnake. The Whipple was covered separately and also replaced. My Tuscany Motors Harley Davidson has a complete Ford bumper-to-bumper warranty which I extended out to eight years, just like my 2020 GT500. Sure, performance add-ons like Shelby's Whipple SC are covered separately, but Ford generally approves and warrants these builds provided there is no operator error or non-approved after-market changes (such as tunes, boost increases, non-recommended specification materials, etc).

These are otherwise performance vehicles that may be driven in a safe, spirited fashion, in a safe location, by a safe driver. In other words, Track Day is completely different than Race Day. If you modify the car outside of factory or an approved Performance Partner build, or you cause a non-mechanical driver error, don't expect to be covered. I know what the manual says, but it is actually Ford's opportunity to evaluate the circumstances and ensure owners are being self-limiting and reasonably safe. If you care to go outside of those parameters, it is on you. Yes, Ford only holds the factory warranty, but they work in close harmony with the approved Performance Partner warranty.

Yup, the entire manufacturing spectrum has been beaten up during the past year. But Ford is not walking away from Internal Combustion vehicles. Yes, the industry is competing for the next wave of electric performance vehicles who's performance will be over-the-top incredible, but the price point will largely be outside of the everyday consumer. IC performance vehicles are here to stay. This opinion has been regularly shared with me by both FoMoCo Execs and "Performance Partner" leadership alike.

BTW, Ford Performance is a division, albeit small division, of FoMoCo in the big scheme of things. And without doubt, they are the most visual division (separate from Marketing). You can see on the FP website that they even tout partner Tuscany Motors Harley Davidson F150 and the fact that it was introduced at the Chicago Auto Show early last year, and was displayed in Ford Motor Company’s exhibit. As a side note, Tuscany Motors is owned by Fox Holdings who provides DBS Suspension and Fox Shock Systems to Ford Performance Trucks, like the Raptor. Yes, another "Ford Performance Partner". Ford.Performance.com 2020 Harley Davidson F150

I more than appreciate your excellent points, but again we will just have to politely disagree. I hope I have been respectful. Just sharing my opinion.

RR

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be respectful too. And I disagree with almost all of the above.

Performance Partner Warranty?
Ford Recognized Performance Builder?
Ford Performance Partner?

I've got some phrases too that I've seen or heard at SEMA, PRI, IMSA races across the country, etc, as well as in a job shanty at a water sewage plant, on the walls in a Johnny on The Spot, or in a random YouTube comments section on the interwebz. None of which rises to the level of having a trademark or that is protected in any way from a legal standpoint.

Regarding warranty, I think many here saw Tom's frustration with FP in gaining any kind of public confirmation regarding being covered when you use a FP vehicle (such as the GT500) in 2020 for its advertised purpose. Liability has ruined quite a bit in our lifetime, including a rather large chunk of our hobby. There are numerous reasons why you only see post-titled cars/trucks coming Roush, Shelby, Saleen, etc, and we won't be going back to the way it used to be. It sounds nice when Ford signs a contract and pays royalty fees to use a name like Shelby in 2020 but I think most everyone recognizes there's no gold at Fort Knox anymore and the sixties were more than half a century ago. I'm not averse to marketing teams trying to drum up business with cute nametags and such but it sure bothered a heck of a lot of other people when Ford announced a "Mach" namesaked SUV that runs on electricity instead of petroleum distillate. These were the same people that had a "Tremac" placard at the Detroit Auto Show under a DCT on a stand when the GT500 was introduced. Egads.

1cdf0dd7-829d-4e6d-a5e3-ce7bbabcc5aa-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I put my order in on the 11th for a twister orange, black vinyl stripes, recaros, tech package and carbon dash.
Sponsored