Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
?

Why wouldn't you have manually entered 950A?
This is from our friend Nick (13COBRA).
"Rather than inputting the body code which is how it always has been, the dealer needs to select Mustang and then scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose Specialty. "
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Everybody that orders one of these cars needs to ask their dealer for these 2 documents.

VOC - Vehicle Order Confirmation - You should get this one on the day you order the car.

DORA - Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation - You should get this one the next day.
If your dealer canā€™t/wonā€™t give you a copy of the DORA, you do not have an order. They just have your money....
Weā€™ve all been through this. There are dealers that will take your money and tell you all is well, but you never really had an order.
Also, watch the priority code. Itā€™s likely above 10. Anything over a 10 is treated as a stock order and is not likely to be filled. Make your dealer change the priority to 10 (the lowest he can go). The Regional Managers lower that number based on allocations, etc. Thatā€™s when you find out if your dealer actually has an allocation:
Code >10 and never drops = no allocation

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Mine is listed as 10
Thatā€™s good. Bug them once in a while to check the priority code for you. When it drops to a 1, things will move along and the plant will schedule for production. Nothing will happen until it drops.
But at least you are in the system.

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Thanks. Iā€™m not too worried. The GM is a good friend of mine, but I will defiantly keep bugging him.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
It is important to note that Dealers (not Ford) assign internal priority codes to each order based on the Order Type. Retail orders are assigned priority codes 10-19, whereas Stock orders are assigned priority codes 20-80.

The priority codes generally determine the order for which vehicle orders are to be selected and/or considered by the Dealership for scheduling. It is up to the Dealer which retail order comes next, Ford only cares that an assigned allocation is filled on the week assigned and that Retail Orders come before Stock Orders.

On the other hand, my 2020 GT500 held internal Dealer Priority Code 19 up until the Ford Zone Manager changed it to Priority Code 01 sending the order to the FRAP for assembly.

In other words, a Dealership with only one allocation will likely assign it a Priority Code 10. A Dealership with multiple allocations may consider customer loyalty and ADM in prioritization. A non-allocated VIP car can go at any time. And, a Dealership with no allocation will likely sit on your deposit hoping the allocation fairy will eventually be good to them.

Don't trust the Allocation Fairy. She wanted $2,000 in advance. Get a Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation (DORA) which proves you are actually living in the Unscheduled Order Bank. And ask for the lowest Prioritization Code as possible, hopefully a 10.

RR

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
It is important to note that Dealers (not Ford) assign internal priority codes to each order based on the Order Type. Retail orders are assigned priority codes 10-19, whereas Stock orders are assigned priority codes 20-80.

The priority codes generally determine the order for which vehicle orders are to be selected and/or considered by the Dealership for scheduling. It is up to the Dealer which retail order comes next, Ford only cares that an assigned allocation is filled on the week assigned and that Retail Orders come before Stock Orders.

On the other hand, my 2020 GT500 held internal Dealer Priority Code 19 up until the Ford Zone Manager changed it to Priority Code 01 sending the order to the FRAP for assembly.

In other words, a Dealership with only one allocation will likely assign it a Priority Code 10. A Dealership with multiple allocations may consider customer loyalty and ADM in prioritization. A non-allocated VIP car can go at any time. And, a Dealership with no allocation will likely sit on your deposit hoping the allocation fairy will eventually be good to them.

Don't trust the Allocation Fairy. She wanted $2,000 in advance. Get a Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation (DORA) which proves you are actually living in the Unscheduled Order Bank. And ask for the lowest Prioritization Code as possible, hopefully a 10.
The default Retail Priority Code is 19, which is the lowest and like @The Chairman and @RapidResponder stated it is up to you make sure your order is assigned a Priority 10 Code, this can be verified on both the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) and the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
From the order guide.
JOB 2 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES ā€“ Effective on all vehicles built on or after Job#2 (03/01/21) ā€“ Subject to change

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Here is what a VOC and DORA look like, this is for a 2020 GT500 order.

2020 GT500 VOC.jpg

DORA - 2020 GT500.jpg

Last edited:

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Donā€™t get too hung up on priority codes. Priority codes are more designed for vehicle lines where you could have many vehicles on order such as explorers, trucks, etc where you would need to organize them in some fashion as it a large list of combined stock and retail units. A retail order would take precedence over a stock unit. In wbdo the priority code of 19 is the lowest for a retail order. In concepts 10 is the lowest. I would argue that these are essentially equal and will not have anything to do with speeding things up. Since most dealers are getting a handful of units, and most likely only one, itā€™s not worth worrying about. The most important factor in determining when an order is pulled for production is at the rep/region level. When itā€™s pulled, it then gets a priority code of 1 and a production date. Just because person A has priority code 19 at dealer A and person B has priority code 10 at dealer B, it does not mean person B will get their car quicker.

Sponsored

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
Here is what a VOC and DORA look like, this is for a 2020 GT500 order.

2020 GT500 VOC.jpg

DORA - 2020 GT500.jpg
This is fantastic information. Thank you much!

I gave my dealer a deposit on Friday. How long do you think is reasonable before I receive the confirmations?

Iā€™m a bit concerned that my dealer set expectations for a late summer delivery. Iā€™m getting a little suspicious that they donā€™t have an allocation even though they assured me they do.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
This is fantastic information. Thank you much!

I gave my dealer a deposit on Friday. How long do you think is reasonable before I receive the confirmations?
You should have received the VOC when you placed the order and the DORA should have been available today.

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
You should have received the VOC when you placed the order and the DORA should have been available today.
Thatā€™s troubling. Iā€™ll chase on Monday for sure. To be honest, I did wrap up right before closing Friday night. Thanks again!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Snoop, that VOC and DORA looks familiar. Those from my order with Nick?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase