Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Trying to get my order placed tomorrow. Got a hard decision to make tonight between rapid red and iconic silver! Cant go wrong wither way.
Thats a tough choice. I've seen both in person. They both look great! Esp with black roof and black stripes. However, if you are skipping stripes, I think red looks better naked! Just my .02. Either way its a win!
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My car was ordered at 1:45 PM PST!

Carbonized Gray Metallic, Black OTT Stripe, CFTP, Technology Package.
RR, that color is going to be absolutely amazing. Congratulations on getting your order in. Now I guess we both will be impatiently waiting for our cars, lol.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
RR, that color is going to be absolutely amazing. Congratulations on getting your order in. Now I guess we both will be impatiently waiting for our cars, lol.
How would you compare carbonised grey metallic compared to magnetic grey?
I haven’t seen a carbonised grey in person but I do love magnetic grey.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have yet to see carbonized grey in person, but both my 2015 & 2017 GT’s were Magnetic.

What I love about magnetic is it looks sinister without being a black car. The color is that nice, and black accents set it off even better.

A CFTP version of carbonized grey with black stripes, with carbon fiber twigs & berries is going to be in a league of its own I think.

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
I have a 2020 GT 500 in Magnetic, I was at my Ford dealer this week and they had 2020 superduty in Carbonised grey and a 2020 F150 in magnetic close by. The carbonized grey is a little lighter than magnetic and it seems to me maybe a little less metallic flake in the paint. Check your local dealer they might have a vehicle in carbonized you can look at

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have yet to see carbonized grey in person, but both my 2015 & 2017 GT’s were Magnetic.

What I love about magnetic is it looks sinister without being a black car. The color is that nice, and black accents set it off even better.

A CFTP version of carbonized grey with black stripes, with carbon fiber twigs & berries is going to be in a league of its own I think.
Yes. Magnetic is a great color (for a gray), especially in the sun.

I haven't seen it in person, but from pictures CG looks sort of like a blend of Iconic and Magnetic. Not quite as much flip-flop in the flake as Magnetic or as dark.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Any price increases over the 2020 base model or options?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Only price increase that I have seen is $250 for the handling package on base model
And that's probably the now included adjustable strut tops.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
My order was accepted last night when I posted all excited:

"Base" in Rapid Red, Black OtT Stripes, Tech, Handling and exposed CF dash... ohh, and a black car cover with a big @$$ SNEK on the side :rockon:

Was considering the CFHP - but - after seeing @Tomster 's wheel issue, 2 other posts on the webs with the delamination issue and a guy in person at a track day last summer with the issue... I decided I don't need CF wheels... plus - since the VAST majority of the time will be on the street (maybe 3-4 HPDE weeknds a year if I'm lucky) - the heavier wheels should offer a little smoother ride...

No Recaros - not giving up heat and cooling after having that in the C7!

Without sounding like a mush - thanks to everyone on here for sharing their experiences and knowledge - it made the process a whole lot "smoother" - and this post yesterday had me pushing my dealer and like I said - they actually placed the order last night in the evening!

So - when does @Snoopy49 start tracking 2021 builds :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My order was accepted last night when I posted all excited:

"Base" in Rapid Red, Black OtT Stripes, Tech, Handling and exposed CF dash... ohh, and a black car cover with a big @$$ SNEK on the side :rockon:

Was considering the CFHP - but - after seeing @Tomster 's wheel issue, 2 other posts on the webs with the delamination issue and a guy in person at a track day last summer with the issue... I decided I don't need CF wheels... plus - since the VAST majority of the time will be on the street (maybe 3-4 HPDE weeknds a year if I'm lucky) - the heavier wheels should offer a little smoother ride...

No Recaros - not giving up heat and cooling after having that in the C7!

Without sounding like a mush - thanks to everyone on here for sharing their experiences and knowledge - it made the process a whole lot "smoother" - and this post yesterday had me pushing my dealer and like I said - they actually placed the order last night in the evening!

Are you going to track the car and Heavily use the brakes? My takeaway on the wheels is that they have to get real hot to have this happen. If it does, it is covered under the warranty.

I wouldn't let that issue stop me.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are you going to track the car and Heavily use the brakes? My takeaway on the wheels is that they have to get real hot to have this happen. If it does, it is covered under the warranty.

I wouldn't let that issue stop me.
Have you got confirmation that melting a wheel on the track is covered under warranty?

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I have decided not to track any of the 2021 cars because it takes a lot of time and Ford has made it impossible to track the cars properly.

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
I called my dealer again today and the GM still said the order banks aren’t open for them. I am confused why some dealers can order but others can’t?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
..the heavier wheels should offer a little smoother ride...
Congrats on the order. Regarding what you said about the heavier wheels offering a smoother ride...actually, the lighter, CF wheels allow greater potential for a better ride. Reducing the unsprung weight allows the damper/spring combination to do a better job maintaining contact with the road surface and if necessary they can react quicker than a heavier combination.
I called my dealer again today and the GM still said the order banks aren’t open for them. I am confused why some dealers can order but others can’t?
There are at least two different software systems, possibly more. The "old" system has been allowing dealers to get the ball rolling when the newer system wouldn't. Ask them what system they are using.
Sponsored