You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jingram may be the only third pedal guy I know of who wasn't satisfied with the DCT to keep it. Yes, others haven't bought it because no third pedal, that's different.

I have been driving 3 pedals my whole life, I know the experience, but I would take this car over any car I have ever owned, or driven seven days a week, and twice on Sunday.
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Jingram may be the only third pedal guy I know of who wasn't satisfied with the DCT to keep it. Yes, others haven't bought it because no third pedal, that's different.

I have been driving 3 pedals my whole life, I know the experience, but I would take this car over any car I have ever owned, or driven seven days a week, and twice on Sunday.
I honestly thought my 500 would sit in the garage more than driven because I loved driving my 350 so much with the manual. Hence it’s just the opposite. Lol

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
JB: The key seems to be actually driving one of these vehicles. To my knowledge, not one person who has taken delivery has complained about the transmission. As you said, quite the opposite.

There will always be a soft spot in all our hearts for the third pedal but this DCT is a wonder to behold, no question about it. Tremec knocked it out of the park with this one.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I’m not complaining about the DCT. I said it was a great transmission just that I prefer the third pedal. The 500 is an amazing car and the DCT compliments it nicely. I’m glad you guys are enjoying the car.

Sponsored

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
JB: The key seems to be actually driving one of these vehicles. To my knowledge, not one person who has taken delivery has complained about the transmission. As you said, quite the opposite.
Of course it's not the people who have taken delivery that they need to appeal to in order to sell more. It's the people who chose not to buy one.

The DCT drives nicely, but I don't see any reason that the auto vs. manual tradeoff is different on the GT500 than any other mustang. There's a lot of cars out there with 2.6L TVS superchargers and manuals that represent a missed market for Ford.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I’m not complaining about the DCT. I said it was a great transmission just that I prefer the third pedal. The 500 is an amazing car and the DCT compliments it nicely. I’m glad you guys are enjoying the car.
X2! To to each is own. Drive what you like.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
As the owner of a previous-gen GT500 that had been modified to the tune of a 'mere' ~620 HP, I can appreciate the DCT. Easier to keep on the road for one.

All of my Mustangs have been manuals, always my transmission choice on a toy, but I hope to at least get a ride in the new GT500 sometime prior to ordering one next year to get a feel for the DCT....

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
As the owner of a previous-gen GT500 that had been modified to the tune of a 'mere' ~620 HP, I can appreciate the DCT. Easier to keep on the road for one.

All of my Mustangs have been manuals, always my transmission choice on a toy, but I hope to at least get a ride in the new GT500 sometime prior to ordering one next year to get a feel for the DCT....
if you are anywhere close to a track Xtreme Xperience visits you can rent one for a few laps, that's what i plan on doing. still don't know if this will give me the info i need, but it's probably as close as i'll get to some decent seat time

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'll never consider upgrading to a GT500 until they release a manual option.

It's not about how fast it is, it's about how enjoyable it is.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I think everyone can agree that it is slower with the manual
You know that for 100% sure? Cause AFAIK, there are no manual GT500 out there. There's plenty of GT350R's doing all kinds of incredible things at all kinds of tracks with a MANual.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

There is no question that the 2020 GT500 in either a 4 seat and especially a 2 seat configuration are outstanding automobiles and are certainly the fastest, best braking and best handling regular production Mustang that Ford has ever produced.:like::like:

Having said that I have driven numerous PDK vehicles and have also owned DCT high performance automobiles and have happily also walked away from those cars which also includes walking away from my CFTP allocation in the spirit of purchasing a 2020 R.

We get how cool and fast the new GT500 is on a road course or straight line but there are many of us out here that still prefer to have one hand on the steering wheel, one hand on the shifter and 2 feet working the 3 peddles down below which equates for many of us a much more engaging driving experience even though we will be driving and experiencing a slower Mustang than yours.

If I was still tracking a Mustang I would have kept my CFTP allocation without question but for an overall driving experience on the streets and backroads of America I am more than happy with my choice despite what your thoughts are.

Now you know a second person aside from @Jingram who prefers a manual transmission over a faster and more efficient DCT.

Lastly, after many discussions with friends and fellow enthusiasts I can tell you without question that there are many more Mustang owners that think like @Jingram and myself than you may realize.

:)

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
There is no question that the 2020 GT500 in either a 4 seat and especially a 2 seat configuration are outstanding automobiles and are certainly the fastest, best braking and best handling regular production Mustang that Ford has ever produced.:like::like:

Having said that I have driven numerous PDK vehicles and have also owned DCT high performance automobiles and have happily also walked away from those cars which also includes walking away from my CFTP allocation in the spirit of purchasing a 2020 R.

We get how cool and fast the new GT500 is on a road course or straight line but there are many of us out here that still prefer to have one hand on the steering wheel, one hand on the shifter and 2 feet working the 3 peddles down below which equates for many of us a much more engaging driving experience even though we will be driving and experiencing a slower Mustang than yours.

If I was still tracking a Mustang I would have kept my CFTP allocation without question but for an overall driving experience on the streets and backroads of America I am more than happy with my choice despite what your thoughts are.

Now you know a second person aside from @Jingram who prefers a manual transmission over a faster and more efficient DCT.

Lastly, after many discussions with friends and fellow enthusiasts I can tell you without question that there are many more Mustang owners that think like @Jingram and myself than you may realize.

Very well said.

thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.

100% agree, I would take a gt350r over a gt500 any day of the week.
Sponsored