2021 GT500: Manual Trans Option?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Does anyone have info. on a manual trans option for the 2021 GT500? Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Not going to happen. The DCT is too good. Once you drive it and get a feel for it, you won’t want a manual in this car. The engine and transmission on this beast were built in tandem for max performance.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm going to have to agree with that from the depths of my soul.

The DCT really is, that good. And until you've driven one of these with absolute wreckless abandon - you just don't know.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I ended up selling my 2020 GT500 because I missed having three pedals. Just wish ford would have given the option. Definitely can agree that the DCT is a great transmission and the car shifts very fast but I personally never felt connected to the car. At times it felt like a video game to me and that’s just my opinion. So I’m looking at getting a 350r at some point. No regrets of purchasing the car and would’ve always wondered what it was like to drive one and now I know.

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
Jason, thanks for the honest feedback. I'm still waiting for mine to be built but every day I contemplate whether or not I want to sell my 14 Shelby for it. I have no doubt the performance is there but whether or not the car is for me I really won't find out until it's too late. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up selling my 2020 GT500 because I missed having three pedals.
How many miles were on the car when you sold it and did you ever track it?

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
How many miles were on the car when you sold it and did you ever track it?
580 miles and did not track it. I’ve honestly never tracked any car before. It was just a daily driver for me if weather was nice. I’m sure I never reached the potential of what the car offers but just wasn’t the car for me personally.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Jason, thanks for the honest feedback. I'm still waiting for mine to be built but every day I contemplate whether or not I want to sell my 14 Shelby for it. I have no doubt the performance is there but whether or not the car is for me I really won't find out until it's too late. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks I really struggled buying this car because it did not have a stick but the GT500 was always my dream car. I went back and forth between the 500 and the 350R so many times and almost walked away from the deal but had a deposit down. I may be the only one that feels this way and that’s okay. Hope you enjoy the car.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Thanks I really struggled buying this car because it did not have a stick but the GT500 was always my dream car. I went back and forth between the 500 and the 350R so many times and almost walked away from the deal but had a deposit down. I may be the only one that feels this way and that’s okay. Hope you enjoy the car.
Yeah, if you weren’t fully enjoying it, there’s no use in keeping. Like you said, you really can’t test drive these unless you own or have a friend that has one to know how they drive. Good luck on finding a great 350R. I wouldn’t mind adding one of those to the stable in the future either!

Sponsored

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
I will say this - recently shopping for mustangs in the current depleted stock, there were plenty of autos and very few manuals left. And every single dealer I went to had their GT500 sitting around. Some had their 2019 as well. It did not seem like they were selling.

There's no question that an auto makes a "faster" car, that's just obviously true any time you're traction limited. But faster doesn't mean a car people want more. The combination of price and forced options doesn't seem to be flying out the door.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
580 miles and did not track it. I’ve honestly never tracked any car before. It was just a daily driver for me if weather was nice. I’m sure I never reached the potential of what the car offers but just wasn’t the car for me personally.
I have to agree. I had a deposit down WELL in advance of the announcement of the DCT. When the DCT was announced I gave up my allocation. Yes, I understand the DCT is a fine trans. I have a Porsche PDK in one of my cars. If you are worried about track times the DCT is a must. If you want to really enjoy and be part of the driving experience to me three pedals is the only way to go.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And every single dealer I went to had their GT500 sitting around. Some had their 2019 as well. It did not seem like they were selling.
They usually don't sell very well with silly ADM's. Did you happen to notice how much they were asking as well? And there was no 2019 GT500.

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
They usually don't sell very well with silly ADM's. Did you happen to notice how much they were asking as well? And there was no 2019 GT500.
Well then I guess I was confused about what it was. But definitely two GT500s for sale.

I didn't try to figure out the pricing since I wasn't interested.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And what were they asking?
Sponsored