Status
Not open for further replies.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Hon

If you think this is bad, you should see a condo board meeting at an over 55 community. Bring a helmet. :whew::crazy::punch: :crackup:
so what is the southern Long Island Florida mean?
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Maybe that is the problem with the written word. Not huffy or puffy. Its just the same old argument over and over since the car was announced.

It makes for a good read if you go back to the early days of this section.
You are very correct, there is something about the written word that is hard to parse because sarcasm is just another service I offer. But! I do appreciate your input and the fact you are putting these cars through their paces. I won't have the same opportunity because my priorities are not the same but this doesn't mean I'm just a lowly GT owner because of it :) My opinions about ADM are still valid. You are right though, I will never own a GT500 but not because I can't afford it, considering this is my second (really fast in a straight line) GT in 2 years I will probably look for something other than a (pony?) sports car after this. That electric F150 is tempting, even though I do have my eyes on a hatchback Corolla too.

If you are ever in my area and want to track day my GT it's all yours. I'll sit in the passenger seat and smile like an idiot until it overheats. :p I'm more of a drag strip, reaction time kind of guy, pretty good at treeing people.

Sponsored

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 2020 Ford Fusion 2011 Ford Focus
I disagree the GT500 in stock configuration can be used the torque rise with the stock blower and the JLT intake I have on mine is very impressive!

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Ha!

The funny thing is that all this has been beat to death before. When the car was first coming out, the GT crowd would troll this section with all kinds of negative commentary. Comments like "I could bolt a whipple on and spend less for the same performance" and "Its just another mustang" and all kinds of complaints about the pricing.

Even comments in this thread about too much performance, not worth the money, etc.

The 500 is a performance bargain. It is an engineered car built for a specific purpose and IMHO, Ford nailed it.

Someone mentioned quality issues in a post above? Yep, that is correct. But at the end of the day, it is a car that beats the snot out of big time supercars. I had even heard from people in the know that the 500CFTP had faster times at VIR than the Ford GT.

Anywho....
Im super late to the party but if someone did a gt500 vs a built 5.0 it would get a hell of a lot of youtube views if they took them around the track. or even better had someone like throttle house or any famous car channel race them against each other in different ways

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Im super late to the party but if someone did a gt500 vs a built 5.0 it would get a hell of a lot of youtube views if they took them around the track. or even better had someone like throttle house or any famous car channel race them against each other in different ways
Or, you could just buy a new GT500 for a lot less.

Nice try.

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Or, you could just buy a new GT500 for a lot less.

Nice try.
hey man just trying to prove that the 500 would win! id say your car vs an arguing forum member whos is all built! based on my purchase i think you know which one id choose..

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
hey man just trying to prove that the 500 would win! id say your car vs an arguing forum member whos is all built! based on my purchase i think you know which one id choose..
Of course you can modify a Mustang to beat a 500, so what?
It still wouldn’t be a Gt 500
As a matter of fact a $3k, 20 years used bike (2001 Fz1) is faster in the 1/4 mile… so what?
Great cars are more than just the sum of their parts…

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course you can modify a Mustang to beat a 500, so what?
It still wouldn’t be a Gt 500
As a matter of fact a $3k, 20 years used bike (2001 Fz1) is faster in the 1/4 mile… so what?
Great cars are more than just the sum of their parts…
I disagree. They actually are just that. The rest is marketing….. along with an economical discussion as to whether or not it would be worth the trouble.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I disagree. They actually are just that. The rest is marketing….. along with an economical discussion as to whether or not it would be worth the trouble.
That’s ok, there is nothing wrong in having Different opinions

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s ok, there is nothing wrong in having Different opinions
Having said that, nothing beats an original.
It’s nice to know you have the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.