Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
i have also seen two CFTP cars go for MSRP after they had them for about 3 months with a 10k ADM. I have bought 2 other cars from this dealer, they are really small and about 35 min. from my house. So what I am saying is you should buy from smaller dealers and they will take care of you down the line. The dealer by house, that I used the buy (14 cars over 10 years) from tried to make me pay 5k ADM for my 350 an I told them to F*** off an never went back!

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Then the same bozo the clowns complain when ford ups the base price on the car 10k , Ford did so because they learned fools and their money will soon part and smile while doing it.
This is the reason these cars sticker for 40-45k more than a loaded gt. chowderheads with more money than braincells
I agree. I don't blame Ford, but I agree. At the end of the day, that $108k GT500 is a $27k economy car with $81k in upgrades. I'm not calling anyone a fool. People make their money and have every right to spend it on what they want. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around $108k for a Mustang.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree. I don't blame Ford, but I agree. At the end of the day, that $108k GT500 is a $27k economy car with $91k in upgrades. I'm not calling anyone a fool. People make their money and have every right to spend it on what they want. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around $108k for a Mustang.
But I believe the point was that it may be "a mustang" but in name only. The only thing it really shares is the line it rolls down and the chassis it is built on. So the "only a mustang" analogy really isn't valid.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
But I believe the point was that it may be "a mustang" but in name only. The only thing it really shares is the line it rolls down and the chassis it is built on. So the "only a mustang" analogy really isn't valid.
It shares the less than stellar, although still better than Camaro, interior as well. My GT/CS Premium interior has better materials than this one does. But anyway, it's still on the lot.

Probably will be for some time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kane00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Past: F40, 512M, 512, Diablo SE30, LM002, 360 Stad
I had my F40 out once and a guy told me he wouldn't pay that sort of money for a Fiat. Don't care, still don't care and I laugh. I still laugh.

I've heard many times the "my best friends, dad's, cousins, uncle had one of those and it sucked, but I could have bought one, however I bought a Pinto twin turbo instead cause my flat feet work better on the peddles." Yeah, yeah yeah yeah....go away.

I will buy what I want, I don't need anyone's opinion, nor endorsement.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
If you think the chassis (body, front and rear subframes, and suspension architecture) is insignificant, then I'm wondering what is significant. One look at the underside of both shows just how similar they are. Don't get me wrong, that $81k in upgrades makes a world of difference, but it's still a $27k economy car with $81k in bolt-on upgrades.

2018-mustang-underside.jpg

Forbes_track.tour.jpg

Last edited:

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Pardon my math but either Ford is being rather magnanimous and giving the buyer of the $108K car a credit of $10K on those options, or this new math is really tricky.

I am old school but
27+91 used to equal 118.

just having fun on a Friday.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It shares the less than stellar, although still better than Camaro, interior as well. My GT/CS Premium interior has better materials than this one does. But anyway, it's still on the lot.

Probably will be for some time.
Well, there is one way to fix that, throw it up for MSRP. Recently one went for 5K over very fast.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Pardon my math but either Ford is being rather magnanimous and giving the buyer of the $108K car a credit of $10K on those options, or this new math is really tricky.

I am old school but
27+91 used to equal 118.

just having fun on a Friday.
Thank you! Fixed it.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I know the profit margin is much higher on a GT500 than a base Ecoboost. I just wonder how much higher.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Ha!

The funny thing is that all this has been beat to death before. When the car was first coming out, the GT crowd would troll this section with all kinds of negative commentary. Comments like "I could bolt a whipple on and spend less for the same performance" and "Its just another mustang" and all kinds of complaints about the pricing.

Even comments in this thread about too much performance, not worth the money, etc.

The 500 is a performance bargain. It is an engineered car built for a specific purpose and IMHO, Ford nailed it.

Someone mentioned quality issues in a post above? Yep, that is correct. But at the end of the day, it is a car that beats the snot out of big time supercars. I had even heard from people in the know that the 500CFTP had faster times at VIR than the Ford GT.

Anywho....
When you write, "is an engineered car built for a specific purpose", what specific purpose are you citing? Not being a wiseass. I can only think of a few: Drag racing, racetrack/road coarse, ripping around town, feeling awesome from the acceleration, and maybe just going fast as F@%& whenever you want in general, and collector market/nostalgia. What's your take? Did I miss anything?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The Track.

When you write, "is an engineered car built for a specific purpose", what specific purpose are you citing? Not being a wiseass. I can only think of a few: Drag racing, racetrack/road coarse, ripping around town, feeling awesome from the acceleration, and maybe just going fast as F@%& whenever you want in general, and collector market/nostalgia. What's your take? Did I miss anything?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.