Not open for further replies.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wonder what it would cost to turn a base GT into a GT500 clone.

Retail just engine and trannie would add 50K

I'm thinking to do it right it would be in the 200K ballpark, even taking into account price reductions due to sale of GT parts.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Pretty sure it would be more than money. Your man card?

add the CF wheels too. 75k for the engine, tranny and wheels would be a tough nut.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I think the $108K is market correct today.

The two dealers near me have no Mustangs. The inventory of F-150's is a handful. I tried to order a new F-150 and was told it may be a year before it arrives. It is a crazy market.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I think the $108K is market correct today.

The two dealers near me have no Mustangs. The inventory of F-150's is a handful. I tried to order a new F-150 and was told it may be a year before it arrives. It is a crazy market.
I just ordered a new Superduty and was told 4-6 months depending on the options.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I ordered a 450 almost 4 months ago and I don’t think it’ll honestly happen till after Jan.

I just ordered a new Superduty and was told 4-6 months depending on the options.

Sponsored

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
It's crazy. I've seen guys with almost no options get theirs in a month.
On the Tremor Forum, they are saying the spray in bed liner in the Lariat Black package and the Adaptive Steering options have extended lead times due to part shortages. Guys are actively having their dealers remove the items in hopes their will be built faster.

As you said, the XLT models with almost no features are being built very fast.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG

Retail just engine and trannie would add 50K

I'm thinking to do it right it would be in the 200K ballpark, even taking into account price reductions due to sale of GT parts.
It will certainly be a lot more to upgrade the engine and transmission to match the GT500, as they are clearly not "bolt-on" options as many have claimed.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
On the Tremor Forum, they are saying the spray in bed liner in the Lariat Black package and the Adaptive Steering options have extended lead times due to part shortages. Guys are actively having their dealers remove the items in hopes their will be built faster.

As you said, the XLT models with almost no features are being built very fast.
I'm on the Tremor fourm too.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Your man card?
Huh?

Some have said a 500 is just a GT with bolt on's, I'm wondering how much those bolt on's would cost to make a real clone.

I did forget about the wheels and wing so maybe 250K
It will certainly be a lot more to upgrade the engine and transmission to match the GT500, as they are clearly not "bolt-on" options as many have claimed.
In order to make a real clone you would have to buy a predator engine and DCT.

Crunching the numbers at least at retail, it appears 110K is a pretty good deal for what you get.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I'm just saying... I'm curious too. I think it would take a huge pair to *want* to do it.. I mean, you could just put a Type-R sticker on it. I totally get what your saying, I question who would do such a thing to a perfectly good GT.

Now that I think about it though, someday we will probably see a predator or DCT in a GT by someone.. You know someone want's to be first to do this.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
My point is that most of the buyers of these cars never use the extra performance they have, so they might as well buy a loaded gt and put the ricer wing on it that the shelby comes with.(sorry not a fan of that type "wing") They buy them so they can say they own one, not all, but many. Few buy them and ring them out , those owners are not worried about needing protection from sand on a road, but worried about the hot tire tread picking up every stone and tossing them at the lower rear 1/4,etc.
You know, the type more worried about it's value, than driving it hard.
Maybe I'm odd, I buy performance cars to get the extra performance out of it, not to putt around and stroke an ego.
I could have bought a gt500 or gt500r I have the funds, I did not because 1) I can't see spending 95-130k for a mustang and
2) There is no place near me that I could use the extra performance the car has.
I have yet to really ring out the HHP E/B because of lack of places to really get after it. To do that I will have to travel So buying a shelby would be pointless as I would never be able to use the performance other than maybe once or twice a year at a track event hundred if not thousand miles away.
I've done this before, and by the time you get back in the groove of the cars limits and your driving skill limits, the track day/week end is over, you really need to be able to goto these events more than once or twice a year to be able to jump in and be comfortable of driving it at the limits right off the trailer.
I have to agree that the GT500 CFTP wing isn’t very flattering at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.