2021 GT sound tube, and quiet exhaust?

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Quiet mode is great! You can program "quiet hours" on the car and it will startup in quiet mode. Love it for the 5am startup...then switch to My Mode with sport exhaust. HUGE difference in the sound. However, not much difference from sport to track though...
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Remove the gas pedal, easy 3 bolts, and plug the hole from the inside. Piece of cakeā€¦
Do you happen to have the plug size or source for plugging it from the inside? Is it the same as if plugging from under the hood? Thanks

scollist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback, 1965 Fastback
Do you happen to have the plug size or source for plugging it from the inside? Is it the same as if plugging from under the hood? Thanks
Plug size is 30mm Rubber Blanking Grommet.

For once the benefit of RHD for us Aussies made removing the Symposer on my 2017 GT (Premium) easy - as the steering rack is not in the way, and big gap to access from underneath. (It's a different story for changing the oil filter though - RHD steering rack gets in the way - you win some, you lose some).

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't think there's a massive difference in sound level between EU and US exhausts. Sure, EU vehicles have gas particulate filters, which can theoretically alter the sound, but I'd be very surprised if the difference was that great. Mine is a Euro and is quite loud in all modes except Quiet, especially on cold starts.

There's nothing wrong with an HPP though. It's a really great car. There's no reason not to consider one, as long as you don't particularly care for the V8 sound.

That being said, the Quiet mode is indeed quiet even by our standards, so you can still have your cake and eat it. Set Quiet Start to 24h, remove the sound tube, and you'll barely hear anything inside.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I left my sound tube but plugged it behind the gas pedal. 10 minutes tops. It's about a whiskey bottle top size....
IMG_0716.JPG

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I left my sound tube but plugged it behind the gas pedal. 10 minutes tops. It's about a whiskey bottle top size....
IMG_0716.JPG
Great idea in case you want sound tube back.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
WOT = valves fully opened full stop. Doesn't matter what mode you're in; if you're giving her the beans, she's gonna be loud.
thatā€™s bc as the rpms rise, the valve opens for maximum breathability there. so you canā€™t be in quiet mode over a certain rpm
When in 'Quiet' mode the valves never open more than 60% and that is from (generally) 4000 rpm and up. For those that don't know, the valve when closed forces all air into chambered section of muffler and when fully open is essentially a straight pipe. 'Track/Drag' mode the valve is open 100 % of the time.

tempImageKvpU2I.jpg

'Quiet' mode:

tempImage0Hs6mQ.jpg

'Sport' mode:

tempImagetMdyNb.jpg

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Very interesting. Sport seems to have quite an elaborated algorithm.
How's Normal? Does it also have its own algorithm, or is it more or less fixed, like Track (though at less than 100%, obviously)?

What does the table in the first picture show?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Looking at my friend's AMG GT-R, I have no idea either šŸ˜„. There is nothing quiet in it.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Very interesting. Sport seems to have quite an elaborated algorithm.
How's Normal? Does it also have its own algorithm, or is it more or less fixed, like Track (though at less than 100%, obviously)?

What does the table in the first picture show?
Table in first photo shows which table is referenced based on drive mode and current gear selected. Quiet is table 1 for example. Normal and Wet/Snow mode is the only one that references more than one table and I'm not sure why as it is the only mode that uses those three tables....

'Normal' 1st and 2nd gear:

tempImagemMoEYc.jpg

'Normal' 3rd gear:

tempImageVgOjL6.jpg

'Normal' 4th gear and higher:

tempImageWwyOo3.jpg
Sponsored